It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSA finds horsemeat in Northern Irish food company 80% horsemeat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
did you see this?
it was probably donkey
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So where do they get so many horses from to produce all this meat. Is it imported? Seems to me that there would not be that many horses in Ireland to show 80 percent horsemeat on a regular basis. I suppose that if you cut up a horse that this meat could concentrate a few batches of burger on occasion.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

it was probably donkey lol
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Its not a "conspiracy", its a mistake. Horsemeat is, at least, in the UK and ireland, 3x more expensive than beef because theres such a small market for it. They aren't going to put horsemeat in burgers, brand it as beef, just to "get one over" you, because they'd be taking a huge loss. It is actually cheaper to sell actual beef as beef, than to sell horsemeat as beef.

Depends on where the horsemeat has been sourced. Wild horses round up, sold on the cheap for quick sale and underhand profit. Old, horse, inured ones, ex race etc. All sold cheap and possibly loaded with drugs.

Nothing wrong with proper farmed horsemeat though, more protein, less fat, less sodium. I'd eat the stuff all day long if it was easy to get hold of in the UK.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

top topics

<< 1   >>

join