It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You're all annoying. Stop arguing and at least TRY to be respectful of each other's opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Despite all the evidence on ET visitations here on Earth, you'll still have the deniers, naysayers, politicians, who'll deny or trash any evidence on "said" ET visitations --- based on whatever agenda that they support --- be it: state security, religious faith, or the supposition that no ET alien race has the technological wherewithal to be superior than our own human race!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

It is up to someone to prove life exists elsewhere, NOT that it DOESN'T exist because the latter is already true at the moment.

HAHA!
That statement made me laugh. Which is why I have the opinion that both sides have failed to show any CREDIBLE evidence.

And what is the deal with this whole PROOF being used wrong? It is a synonym of the word EVIDENCE..and If I am not mistaken the word evidence is in the definition?
edit on 5-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am sure that I am not the only one that has ever had this idea, but I will present in nonetheless. Here on earth, we are looking at one type of life, that is based off of the same small complex molecules. Who is to say that the exact composition of how life here is arranged is the only way for life to be a reality.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Despite all the evidence on ET visitations here on Earth, you'll still have the deniers, naysayers, politicians, who'll deny or trash any evidence on "said" ET visitations --- based on whatever agenda that they support --- be it: state security, religious faith, or the supposition that no ET alien race has the technological wherewithal to be superior than our own human race!!!

ET life, as in ET Sentient Life with highly advanced tech, if they have made it here, in all probability are coming from another galaxy altogether, which would suggest to me that Earth's solar system configuration or "signature" is such that with sufficient technology, the presence of an earth-like world, here, in this galaxy can be "pinged" from there somehow, or they wouldn't know where to go. Their form of travel when in interstellar transit must therefore be instantaneous, which might be possible if you could make a whole ship into a single photon by some tech and trick the universe in some way to teleport it wherever you want, or something like that..

If so, they must have a "Prime Directive" as in Star Trek. Would we honor such a code though..?

Maybe if they are buzzing us, it's a quarantine..?.

I always wonder if maybe there might be something new, something borrowed something blue (like a wedding dress), awaiting us, held in reserve for humanity for the right time, once we've evolved to a certain stage. Obviously, it won't be happening any time soon..

edit on 5-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Who are the can people? Re read your first sentence. LOL.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Problem is that any other life out there might not be as cute or playful as that puppy. Fear that they are bigger and better than us is the most compelling emotion for believing we are it. Ignorance is bliss despite what the mission statement on here is.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Silly person. We have pictures of earth taken from space. We've all seen that the earth is round. Before those pics we had the lunar eclipses that proved it already.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

edit on 5-2-2013 by karen61560 because: the buzzer was intended for me. I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Evidence can be used as proof if enough compelling evidence exists. Evidence can be circumstantial and not be proof. Whether evidence constitutes proof would depend on the evidence.

The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.
Link

You will notice it states evidence that compels, not that all evidence is proof.

A good example of evidence that does not "compel" would be a video of a light moving across the sky that cannot be identified, or any object in the sky that cannot be identified. That is why they are called Unidentified Flying Objects and not Identified Flying Objects.

A thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment: The broken window was evidence that a burglary had taken place. Scientists weigh the evidence for and against a hypothesis.
Link

You will notice in the example used in the definition of evidence that it is not necessarily proof. The window also may have been broken by a kid throwing a rock, so even though it is evidence, it is not proof.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Your response perplexes me. Why only us gets to be smart and the rest can live on a glass under a microscope? God? Not sure if thats your angle or not but if it is wouldnt more be just a greater creator?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by k1k1to

I think you're missing the point of what a lot of people are saying.

Some people are saying there is no PROOF of ET life -- although I think most of them think that ET life is likely. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence of ET life, considering the scale of the universe and the fact that life on Earth seems to be very adaptable to many different kinds of environments. But that's still just evidence, and not proof.

I personally believe the probability of life elsewhere is overwhelming; I think it almost certainly does exist. However, I understand that there is no PROOF of that yet. So I would never say "it's a fact that ET life definitely exists". I personally believe it probably does, but I also know that it it can't be yet considered "fact".

edit on 2/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

It is a difficult paradox to be in for sure, since the whole of our civilisation is built on accepted but former premise, as in 'facts' and evidences that make up proofs, and were it a court of law, there are enough evidences to make a usable proof for a trial, with the appropriate boffins brought for the expert opinion, doing the numbers to the point that there is no argument in logic, AKA, matter of fact. There are also the proponents of intelligent design who are somewhat out there, and somewhat adversarial because they mean ultimately a point zero of creation of life, done by someone/something else who already existed, although that entity shouldn't be just because of intelligence, that's our word, our take on it, and that's all we know. The number cruncher, and cold logic wins...in this case. So the OP has a point, although I don't understand why he/she says the Earth is 'unique' when it clearly isn't in the general rationale of the thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Tell that to the prosecuitors in Orange county Florida. They think circumstancial is compelling. They were proven wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The likelihood of us appearing here by accident of explosions of space dust and gas, are beyond laughable...

And yet the same people think this amazingly perfect setting we have here, occurring elsewhere has to be proven by actual meetings and Facebook pics, of these other beings.

The failure to see the Universe is alive is the funniest thing, it is ALL A FLUKE, with nothing creative or on purpose behind any of it they say...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You can haul out all the statistics about star numbers and planet numbers and how big the universe is, but sheer size does not guarantee that life will simply, naturally "come to be" other places in the universe like it did on Earth. That's because nobody has a clue about how structured, reproducing life appeared on Earth from a batch of dead chemicals.

You find a marble in a box. Don't know how it got there. How big do you need to make the box before another marble just has to be in it?

There are unique things in the universe, as big as it is. Despite all the odds, there is only one Earth. And only one moon orbiting Earth. And there is only one you, and me. Turns out the universe is full of stuff that only happened once. So it's very possible (impossible to determine how probable) that life is an odd quirk, a weird fluke, a chance combination of chemicals and events that only ever happened here on Earth and nowhere else.

And if we ever do find life like we have here on Earth somewhere else, it's still possible it only ever happened twice.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

ATS likes to make every post count. Please refrain from posting 1 liners and use the star system for agreement.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join