It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

the hypocracy...

you say i have NO PROOF life exists outside this planet...

yet you have NO PROOF that it doesn't.

so much for your faith.....i guess what they say is true, that this generation has lost their sense of exploration and wonder, there will no longer be anymore scientific geniuses we will just build on whats already come before

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
the hypocracy...

you say i have NO PROOF life exists outside this planet...

yet you have NO PROOF that it doesn't.

The fallacy...

yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
edit on 5-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I think what the OP was trying to get at is that WE are proof that life exists outside our solar system.

It is a sensitive subject and in my opinion both sides have failed to produce credible evidence.

reply to post by k1k1to

There is still hope for the coming generations; finally talk about, "Mars colonies." I'm just upset it took this long!

edit on 5-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

You're operating as if this is some sort of revelation that no one has considered before, but the gap in your logic actually grows if you were aware of the extraordinarily balanced earth-moon-sun configuration whereby raw star numbers does not equal life as that which we enjoy here on earth.

It's well founded speculation that a similar configuration exists somewhere else, but that's all it is is speculation.

Why is ATS feeling more and more like going back to highschool..?

And this "I'm right, your wrong" nonsense, and the antagonizing nature of many posters is starting to wear very thin..

Grow up, and do some real research.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

unfortunately there will never be any colonization of mars, the furthest we would have gone is colonies orbiting our planet...

sadly this wont even happen...the human race has but merely 180-230 years of existence left (roughly)

dreamers, ponderers, creators, philosophers, inventors, are a dying breed.. eventually a world full of mentally limited followers will rein over the planet...thus throwing our civilization back into some form of the "dark ages"...however this wont last for long, another human renaissance will spring about. however by this time the human race would begin the second "phase" of its path to almost complete extinction..also full alien disclosure will occur between 85-91 years from now, starting with very basic bacterial life eventually moving on to rodent sized creatures which will pave the way to the others...the small alien life disclosure ranges between 38-41 years from now. i might or might not be alive for that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I like the puppy

But yeah I mean its possible all life came here to earth to grow. And the aliens are just here to see progress of the various types

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To say that life has no purpose whatsoever is an idea that came from your mind, and ultimately the ideas and beliefs that you give birth to are YOUR OWN truths, therefore you cannot behave like everyone else out there shares those same beliefs and ideas, until Aliens decide to actually interact with us, people will have to make their own minds up about whether they believe they exist or not, but the bottom line is, real truth is always real truth, and what you personally choose to believe has nothing to do with real truth. So the next time you say that life is meaningless or that Aliens don't exist, think about what the real truth might be, not just what you think the truth is.
edit on 5-2-2013 by HiddenAgenda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I would seek to clarify something.

I do not deny the possibility of extra terrestrial life. I merely suggest that to prove something, one must actually PROVE it, rather than blather on about the possibilities, as if they are actual facts.

That is why I am so fustrated by current efforts to explore the solar system. I believe that although the work being done with space telescopes and radio astronomy is very impressive, and has an amazing track record for bringing us interesting glimpses of the outer regions of space, mankinds SOLE aim, should be to design propulsion methods and spacecraft, capable of putting mankind on other planets, and then in other star systems.

No matter how good our deep scans of the universe are, no matter how clever we are at discerning the POSSIBLE life on a given planet from the way its atmosphere scatters light, until we can get our species from without the solar system and the shockfront of its passage through the galaxy, or at least to the pathetic goal of reaching, landing on, and colonising Mars, we should expect NO proof.

The reason I believe this to be the case, is as follows. We currently live, as a species, on the third planet in the solar system, upon which we have been living since we became anything more than apes. We have had the honour of living on this planet for some time, and yet we often hear that we know more about the space immediately around our planet, than we do about the oceans that take up something like 70.8% of its surface. We point all sorts of things at our planet to discover more about the contents of the oceans, we scan it with all our technological might, and yet still we know little about the oceans that make up huge amounts of our planet.

Therefore, although we have sent rovers to Mars, and sent orbiters to other planets, and probes as far as the edge of our solar system, we cannot possibly be stupid enough to think that we know enough about any one of the locations we are interested in, to pass judgement on them.

However, there seems to be no GENUINE drive to get us as far as we need to go, to learn the truth. And until there is, and until such proof comes along, everything else is just blabber, and serves very little purpose. If as much effort were concentrated upon actually GETTING that evidence, that proof, as is spent discussing it, we would probably be travelling to other stars by now, because rest assured, our explorer nature, and giving into the things it drives the species to do, is the only thing that will properly inform us of the true content of the space out there. Not chit chat, philosophising, or discussions based on an under informed probablistic analysis of the little we know!

Hard facts, drawn from up close observation... thats what the real meat and potatos of this subject consist of. Unless we start refocusing on that, we should not expect anything other than dissapointment, and more fustration.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Grow up, and do some real research.

I'll try, but such maturity and comprehensive research as that displayed in the OP will be difficult to match:

"There is life on Earth, the universe is big, and look at this puppy.".

FWIW, I agree, I agree, and I did.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

our entire civilization was created on the premises of exploration and that "what if" question and on wanting to know what was out there.... that's why we explored the seas...and made all our discoveries...

i see a lot of people with the blinders on and close minded....they say there is nothing out there...oh well there no sense in trying or believing, back to my ipad and internet memes...

there is more life out there..this is a fact..like the OP mentioned we are proof of life out there to another civilization asking the same question...they are amongst us now, everything you have ever been taught is roughly 94% lies..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I once crunched these very same numbers and came up with something like 10-100 trillion TRILLION earth-like worlds. Then after that I read a book called "Who Built the Moon?" which, although it's final conclusion is utter nonsense, what it did prove was that there are a series of astounding coincidences and integers of measurement and relationship in the Earth-Moon-Sun system, which defy "coincidence" when added up together and which point a very VERY sturdy finger at the prospect of super-intelligent design and astroengineering whether by ancient ANCIENT aliens or by God as a first/last cause. However, absent intelligent design - but based purely on coincidence, the x factor by which I was making my original calculation went right off the map as an absolute unknown in recognition of the cosmologically unique Earth-Moon-Sun relationship, which for starters involves the coincidence of visible diameter causing a perfect eclipse of the sun at this stage in earth evolution (when there are observers), along with this complex geometrical transformation in the Earth-moon relationship.

Extrapolated to the flower of life (and vesica pisces)

Therefore I ask instead, this question:

Where else in the universe, can a bipedal, ten fingered self aware, sentient observer look up and see (with filtered shades) their sun perfectly eclipsed by their single, giant (by comparison to the host planet) moon?

There is a LOT more to this Earth-Moon-Sun coincidence (design) factor, covered in the book Who Built the Moon? (now available as a pdf download!), which will blow your mind.

I have therefore arrived at the conclusion that the moon was formed, not as a result of an even more unbelievable "double whack" theory between some unknown planetoid and the earth, but from some sort of "seed" capable of sucking the mantle material right out of the earth (like a precision engineered black hole), like this

My newfound speculative conjecture based on this new information, is that Earth-like world's require moon-like moons (and moonseeds), which creates the precise tilt and wobble capable of causing liquid water to occur across 90% of the planet's surface as well as the cycle of life, all the the way to the reproduction and gestation cycle based on lunar influence.

"It was the stone that was rejected by the builders that became the keystone."

So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation
~ Isaiah 28:16

‘From this day on, from this twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the LORD’s temple was laid. Give careful thought:
~ Haggai 2:18

Things that make ya go hmm....

We simply MUST remain open to new information and all possibility, but if life on earth is a prototypical model for innumerable earth-like worlds, then something else an intelligent design must be at work, otherwise, the possibility for other earth-like worlds, based on the unique earth-moon-sun configuration neccessary for the cycle of life on earth and the process of evolution, occurring by "mere" "coincidence" is by no means proven as a certainty simply by a simple star count (no matter how numerous).

And for the record I'm not just trying to be "right" but simply to share from my own research into this question.

What have I concluded?

That these moon-seeds, as astroengineered (tested) objects, go into the accretion disk of galactic formation in order to "assist" in the formation of earth-like worlds.

"The moon is the mother of the universe."
~ Ancient Egyptian saying.

P.S. No doubt the thread and debate will continue on as if this information was never even presented..

edit on 5-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

there is more life out there..this is a fact..like the OP mentioned we are proof of life out there to another civilization asking the same question...they are amongst us now, everything you have ever been taught is roughly 94% lies..

Wait... when did we go from intelligent extraterrestrial life definitely being "out there" to definitely being "amongst us"? Did I miss a post? Darn... and I didn't even get to see proof of the former.

Everything I've been taught is roughly 94% lies? Wouldn't that figure vary based on how much I've been taught and by whom? Or is it always roughly 94%, regardless?
edit on 5-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I think you're missing the point of what a lot of people are saying.

Some people are saying there is no PROOF of ET life -- although I think most of them think that ET life is likely. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence of ET life, considering the scale of the universe and the fact that life on Earth seems to be very adaptable to many different kinds of environments. But that's still just evidence, and not proof.

I personally believe the probability of life elsewhere is overwhelming; I think it almost certainly does exist. However, I understand that there is no PROOF of that yet. So I would never say "it's a fact that ET life definitely exists". I personally believe it probably does, but I also know that it it can't be yet considered "fact".

edit on 2/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Of course Aliens exist.
Just because we cannot prove it does not mean that it does not exist.
If it was not proven that Gravity exists we would have thought that it does not exist.

Whether you're ok with calling bacteria or other microorganisms "aliens" is up to you, though.

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

Santa exist.. I can't prove it, but I believe he exist. Many books and tv shows tell me santa and frosty the snow man are real.

No proof though.
But they do exist.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by nerbot

I think what the OP was trying to get at is that WE are proof that life exists outside our solar system.

WE are proof life exists here on Earth, that's IT. Anything else is open to speculation.

It is a sensitive subject and in my opinion both sides have failed to produce credible evidence.

It is up to someone to prove life exists elsewhere, NOT that it DOESN'T exist because the latter is already true at the moment.

I suggest you read this post by "draknoir2" a few posts earlier very carefully:

Originally posted by draknoir2

The fallacy...

yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by TrueBrit

our entire civilization was created on the premises of exploration and that "what if" question and on wanting to know what was out there.... that's why we explored the seas...and made all our discoveries...

Precisely, we made our discoveries by exploring, not by observing from a distance.

i see a lot of people with the blinders on and close minded....they say there is nothing out there...oh well there no sense in trying or believing, back to my ipad and internet memes...

I would never advocate having a closed mind. If human exploration of space, finally reaches the point where a human being gets to directly observe an alien lifeform as part of a scientific mission in space, properly documented, properly authenticated, without the need for reliance on psuedo science to add to its gravitas, then I will be the first to jump for joy.

there is more life out there..this is a fact.

Facts can be proven. As of yet, the theories pertaining to extra terrestrial life, cannot be. I very much hope that they are one day, but not by methods as lazy as mere thought, rather than actual investigation.

.like the OP mentioned we are proof of life out there to another civilization asking the same question...they are amongst us now, everything you have ever been taught is roughly 94% lies..

Hmm, I very much doubt that ninety four percent of what I have learned is , because I taught myself all that I know that has any worth what so ever. But on the matter at hand, we are proof only that the deeper mysteries of the galaxy, the universe, and existence itself, are worth investigating. As I mentioned, our existence is SUGGESTIVE of other life in the universe, but in no way can our existence be called proof of a wider galactic or unviersal eco system.

If we go to another planet, and discover ruins and remnants of machinery there, or discover actual, physical evidence of life, other than that which came from our planet, THAT is proof, and supposition, and theory is not. I respect the hell out of theory, and those who come up with them, especially when they are well researched. But I cannot, CANNOT abide someone passing off strong theory, as proof. It will NEVER be appropriate to confuse the two.
edit on 5-2-2013 by TrueBrit because: Fixed repetition.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
they exist and they come here
ive seen them and they have done and shown me some pleasant and not so pleasant things
but yes we are them they are us
all will be revealed very soon

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Unique Earth-Moon-Sun Cosmological Configuration

Whoever fully "grokked" this information in terms of its full implication and significance, will realize that there's an extreme irony here, in so far as the atheist must take pause, and consider how the random coincidence theory actually argues against the idea of a proliferation of earth-like worlds, whereas the theist who believes in a creative agent or agency by which the world we inhabit was created (by superintelligent design), can freely imagine how often this same sort of configuration may have been set in place elsewhere, whereby our earth can be likened to a cornerstone model of many other earth-like worlds, whether in this galaxy or any other.

Where it starts to get really interesting however is when we consider where we're "at" as our solar system hurtles through the galaxy at 70,000 kph

relative to a first/last cause in creation. Then the whole idea of first/last causes places us within the context and framework of an interpenetrating cosmological unity which actually began with the earth in mind from the beginning of time, with man, and thus you and me, included (in the original design), and that's enough to cook anyone's noodle, especially when we consider that man reflects God perfectly as the moon does the sun with one among us some time ago recognizing the significance of that "sign" which governs the day and the night.

This is the new paradigm, or a big part of it.

Oh and "The Strong Anthropic Principal" does not and cannot render the data meaningless, so it's like a "double bind" which can only unravel or resolve itself in favor of superintelligent design, but talk about anticipated causes from original conditions and effects.. OMG!

Oh how I love the feeling when my mind fizzles out at the end of it's faculty of pure reason, as if on the cusp of something that's supra-rational and ultra-reasonable no matter how unreasonably reasonable it may be i.e.: as evidenced by virtue of our present and pre-existing state as the only proof available. It makes me sigh and I can relax again, to consider something so logical and rational and yet at the same time so unimaginable, and yet as fact, not fiction or even science fiction.

It evokes in me an upwelling sense of heartfelt gratitude and joy at the supreme Majesty and Generosity, of none other than God as the first father of creation "who it pleased to share his kingdom with all his children", thus giving us every reason to "be of good cheer" and "have no fear" nor let our hearts be troubled..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 5-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by nerbot

reply to post by k1k1to

There is still hope for the coming generations; finally talk about, "Mars colonies." I'm just upset it took this long!

edit on 5-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

We are proof [human races on our Earth] that life exists outside our solar system, because we have documented and logged reports of alien starships invading our airspace, that covers our Earth. May not be proof enough for some people, but it's proof enough for me!!!

Foofighter's

Erno86

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists

The problem I see is in using the word proof. The fact we exist, is evidence ET's may exist but not proof.

Calling our existence proof is clearly a misuse of that word. Had you said it is evidence, your statement would be true.

Proof is undeniable fact that requires clear evidence not open to debate. What we have so far only amounts to evidence IMO.

The number of possible planets is also evidence, but not proof either. It makes it highly likely that life exists elsewhere, but again it is not "proof".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join