It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'm not talking about statistics, I just know how people like their numbers, I am outright claiming that we are proof. Not statistically possible, not probable and definitely not anything I didn't say.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

No for being right.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

How do you say "*buzzer sound* wrong!"

Like this:....You're "WRONG!"

You (and others) seem to cling to a false premise that because WE can ask an important question, eg, is there life out there, that the answer MUST be "yes".

You can quote all the numbers and calculations you like until the cows come home, but there is still to this day NO PROOF.

WE are "living proof" of US, that is all. Your wishful thinking doesn't allow room for anything but possibilities, and I think too many people these days are gullible to a point that if it might exist then it must. Bad reality and right now, fantasy.

Sure, many people will pipe up and say they KNOW life out there exists or that they've been abducted or seen a UFO or aliens etc. Unfortunately the thing many people conveniently put aside is the fact that we ARE human and therefore we are fallible and not always honest.

When I can see it, touch it and know 100% for myself then I will believe. Until then, there IS no proof so stop with the delusions to feed the wishful thinking.

Life on Earth is only proof of stupidity. Just a ball of dirt hurtling through space with no destination and no purpose.
edit on 5/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

There is proof, it just happens to be mathematical.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This never gets old, does it?

Speculation is not proof. 'Logical' inference is not proof. Evidence is not proof. Conjecture is not proof. ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

This is exactly right.

Until we actually contact ETs, their existence is not a "truth" or even a scientific certainty. You are certainly allowed to personally feel 100% sure about ET existence, but that does not make it a "truth".

The evidence of ETs is overwhelming, given the sheer size of the universe, and given what we know about extremophile life here on Earth. It seems an almost certainty that ET life exists.

I stress the phrase almost certainty because it has a specific meaning in science. "Almost Certainly" or "Almost Surely" are terms used by science to describe something that is as close it can get to a statistical certainty without it being a 100% certainty. Science may say something is 99.9999999999999% sure to be true, but without hard proof (in this case, hard proof would be coming in contact with ETs and positively identify them), then there is still a very slight chance that no ETs exist.

That chance may be so miniscule that it is virtually zero, but it still wouldn't be zero.

Like I said, you are free to believe 100% in ET existence -- heck, I believe in ET existence somewhere in the universe, but you can't expect everyone else to believe it to be a 100% true fact until there is hard proof. The things you mentioned (size of the universe, etc.) is overwhelming evidence, but it's not hard proof.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

im not sure the philosopher or mathematician or scientist.. but it ended up being stated and proven (lol) that nothing could be proven... then is this an argument of semantics? the word proof equaling a concept that can never be fulfilled.. there can only be near certainties and most likelies and high probabilities and potentials? Id rather think that is the case, because you cant prove the core of the earth isnt made of jelly beans and that there isnt an invisible dragon right above your head right now... but we can use logic, reason, statistics, and laws to determine scenarios that are more likely, and most likely... the argument put forth in the OP is a case that is most likely... there is no proof just like there is no proof there is an invisible dragon above your head.. but we can use our reason and logic and science to put forth the most likely scenario...

Nice Explanation ImaFungi

edit on 5-2-2013 by spaceknight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
God I hope somebody can give a strong counter argument soon, I'm beginning to feel dumbed down.

Discredit would be appreciated. How many times are you gonna factlessly call me wrong ATS?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

My facts can stretch across entire galaxies in huge numbers.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Am with you beautyofperil . I do have the same view as yours regarding the possibilities of life beyond planet earth . Btw , nice thread

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceknight

I guess I've hit a stalemate and they seem to carry the out of sight out of mind logic rather than be courteous to me, (even the mod who just walked off, real nice decorum example)
I better sleep before I can't make it to bed anymore.

Remember that life is very precious, earth is unique and we are not alone in the universe.

peace out dude. Hope you get plenty more, you deserve them for seeing with both your eyes.
edit on 5-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

.... earth is unique.

You're getting there.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

.... earth is unique.

You're getting there.

Getting where? You believe this is the only planet with life on it in the universe?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

To be quite frank, the explanation for why Earth is the only planet with life and sentience, would be far FAR stranger and creepier than accepting that life and sentience is abundant in this Universe.

The repetitive, fractal nature of the Universe, otherwise known as the commonalities in patterns ranging from structure to function, impossible to ignore. I don't believe that life, and/or sentience is separate from this law.

Earth is extremely unique, but it is not the only. It is...very unique, however, as the above poster described.

edit on 5-2-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

How do you say "*buzzer sound* wrong!"

Like this:....You're "WRONG!"

You (and others) seem to cling to a false premise that because WE can ask an important question, eg, is there life out there, that the answer MUST be "yes".

You can quote all the numbers and calculations you like until the cows come home, but there is still to this day NO PROOF.

WE are "living proof" of US, that is all. Your wishful thinking doesn't allow room for anything but possibilities, and I think too many people these days are gullible to a point that if it might exist then it must. Bad reality and right now, fantasy.

Sure, many people will pipe up and say they KNOW life out there exists or that they've been abducted or seen a UFO or aliens etc. Unfortunately the thing many people conveniently put aside is the fact that we ARE human and therefore we are fallible and not always honest.

When I can see it, touch it and know 100% for myself then I will believe. Until then, there IS no proof so stop with the delusions to feed the wishful thinking.

Life on Earth is only proof of stupidity. Just a ball of dirt hurtling through space with no destination and no purpose.
edit on 5/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

wow, what a naive and narrow minded way of thinking.

there IS life out there, and intelligent at that. most would compare to that of a house mouse and others far greater than ours.

think about this.... what would they say to the same question...imagine another being far far away asking.."are we the only ones?"..and here we are with no way to tell them NO....

they are out there...some fighting wars, others barley evolving, and some living in paradise.... it is beautiful, but with the majority of the population having your small minded narrow train of thought, they will never come to accept this....i guess Starbucks and the latest kimkardashian news is more important to you...
edit on 5-2-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

In fairness, factually speaking all that is PROVEN by the existence of life on this planet, is that there is life HERE. That fact is suggestive, and proves that life is possible in the specific range of environmental conditions that are found on this planet, however, to prove that life in other locations exists, one would actually have to locate some. Nothing less can be considered proof of extra terrestrial life.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Greetings, as many of you know life is precious, Earth is unique and we are not alone in this universe.......... But I ask you this, is it really that hard to open your mind to the facts that you cannot see?

"Universe contains 300 sextillion (3×10^23) stars."
Interpret this phrase for a moment and ponder what that means.
Here's a cool video if you were search of something neat but did not find it so far:

I hope you enjoyed the read whether you believe or not,.......................... here is a pic of a puppy with a long face for your bleeding heart.

Thanks beautyofperil for the good post!!! S + F

First things first, I love puppies, and that is an adorable picture!

Second, Life and Earth as you say, are indeed unique. Many scientists subscribe to the fact that life, as we know it, that appeared on earth was nothing short of a miracle. I am not bringing in religion or beliefs of God, I am just using a word, term that many have used to describe the magnificence of life itself.

Like many of us, I am a dreamer, lover of life and like to think with and open-mind about many things, including the possibility of life elsewhere, perhaps in our gallaxy, solar system, the Universe. Is the existence of life elsewhere possible............how could anyone say NO to this question?

I believe there are many mysteries yet to be discovered both here on Earth and out there, in vastness of Space.

For many years of my life I've wanted to believe in ET. Although I can't say that it is impossible, would never do that, however, I think that the possibility of intelligent, and highly intelligent life out there existing continues to get smaller and smaller IMHO!!

I remain open-minded, however, after reading a lot, researching and attending many scientific symposiums (I am not a scientist, just a info-guru, lol) I have come to the belief that life on Earth is indeed unique and its' being, defies our current logic. If you subscribe to the theory of Evolution, then, just the muddy steamy soup of the beginning of single cells and then multi-celled organics evolving to US is nothing short of being almost impossible....but we know differently. Of course, maybe our beginnings were entirely brought about by another unknown means? We just don't know!!

In conclusion, as much as I would like to believe, and I do leave open the possibility of life being out there, somewhere, my feelings as to it being intelligent, or highly intelligent, is dwindling. In any event, I do not believe that any of us, at least during our generation(s) will ever see such!!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
they are out there...some fighting wars, others barley evolving, and some living in paradise....

Where? What are their names? What do they look like? How do you KNOW this?

it is beautiful, but with the majority of the population having your small minded narrow train of thought, they will never come to accept this....

My "small minded narrow train of thought"? That's rich coming from someone who cannot accept that life outside this planet DOES NOT EXIST TO OUR KNOWLEDGE AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME....FACT.

Yes, there are always possibilities, but there IS NO PROOF WE KNOW OF.

i guess Starbucks and the latest kimkardashian news is more important to you...

The nearest Starbucks is probably hundreds of miles away and as far as kim watshername is concerned, I couldn't care less. Personal insults just show your immaturity.

I do not believe you have a clue as to what you are talking about, but unlike the issue of life on another planet, you CAN prove me wrong on that if you take a while to reflect on the ignorance of the subject matter in the O.P.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My idea is that the universe is a system that exists to create life(don't ask me why,it just DOES it)because I do exist and I am a lifeform on one of the infinite numbers of planets.
The ingredients for life in this system are permanentely reshuffeled and reconfigurated and in the end there is always LIFE in whatever form.
We are all at the same time at home in this universe and Aliens to other lifeforms than ourselves.
People who are asking for prove are indicators for the low level of development on this planet we call Earth(what do you think other lifeforms might call our planet?).
The endless possibilities for life in this universe/system are mirrored in the endless imagination our brains are capable of.But some are excluded....they are still asking for PROVE!
edit on 5-2-2013 by silversurfer6161 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by silversurfer6161 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

wow, what a naive and narrow minded way of thinking.

there IS life out there, and intelligent at that.

Where, exactly would that be?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join