It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Actual 'proof' of extraterrestrials would be a pretty big deal. I bet it would make the news and everything. Even Fox. When that happens, we'll hear about it. Until then, what you have is speculation and numbers invented out of whole cloth which actually prove nothing.

No matter how likely, it isn't proof until it's proven. And to date, that proof does not exist.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Now you just do not want to give me credit, correct?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

For this topic, I'm afraid it's cash only.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We have no proof extraterrestrial life exists on other planets... but what if it is statistically impossible for it not too?

do you know for certain that the apple that I just held 5 feet from the ground, with nothing blocking its path fell towards the ground when i let go? can you know this without proof of seeing it? (p.s. I am not on the I.S.S)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by InhaleExhale

So you want to waste more time I see. Marvelous! To answer your question, yes I do. Does my thread you participate in now not show you how valid my claim is and that proof no matter what anybody else thinks is overrated on this subject?

OK

its settled, you have no proof

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well I'm sorry but needing proof was not required the moment man created this argument. And this thread is in cash value proof.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Prove me wrong than.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Can you answer this question... I agree we dont have proof ( in the same way you dont have proof the core of the earth is not made of unicorns pooping jelly beans) , but this example I offer is an almost exact analogy of the situation we are in.... Im not asking for proof.. im asking for your thoughts using logic, reason, ration, data, laws, math..

say you were suddenly taken outside of the universe and had your memory wiped... time in the universe was paused,, and from where you are you can see billions and billions of galaxies... from this point you are given the composition of the universe and the laws of physics...you are shown how atoms are made, and can react chemically, and you are also shown that under certain conditions and variables atoms can form complex molecules and do what we know of as biology.. you are then shown a zoomed in image of one planet that has had life arise on it... and then you are zoomed back out to your view of the entire universe... you are then told that you must give an answer to the question.. without seeing proof of this biological occurrence on any other planet,, but only using your inference and a best guess, would you say there might be life on another planet other then the one you were shown, in the universe? What would be the more logical answer?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
statistically impossible

I'd have to know what you mean by this term. That's quite the modifier when we're talking about numbers as large as the universe.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
Prove me wrong than.

Using your threshold for 'proof', that's relatively simple.

You're wrong.

edit on 2/5/2013 by yeahright because: BB Code

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

statistically impossible

I'd have to know what you mean by this term. That's quite the modifier when we're talking about numbers as large as the universe.

The numbers in the OP... statistical analysis along with the fact that we exist... makes it appear that it is statistically impossible for activity like life not to exist on other planets in the universe..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No it is not because my proof is me you and everyone around you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Unique events happen every second here on this planet and everywhere else in the universe.

edit on 5-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Unique events happen every second here on this planet and everywhere else in the universe.

edit on 5-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

statistically impossible for activity like life not to exist on other planets in the universe..

Do you draw a distinction between 'statistically impossible' and 'impossible'? If so what is it?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 2/5/2013 by 8infinity8 because: (no reason given)
:lol
edit on 2/5/2013 by 8infinity8 because: Accidental first post duplicate, sorry

edit on 2/5/2013 by 8infinity8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

I'd bet my life there is et life possibly on but definitely outside our world. However, based on the stupidity of our government leadership I hope I'm wrong and there is no life. Our stupidity makes us vulnerable to an attack by et life, as we as humans need to control and destroy anything that is vulnerable in our path.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Think about it , im sitting here typing to this message to you right now at this exact time and date. How many times will that ever happen again in the history of the universe?

Answer : never

So an example of a unique event.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The probability of something which has already happened is 1:1 regardless of how high it was before it happened. You cannot use probability in a predictive way for individual outcomes. It is a method for measuring tendencies over time, and is useless when applied to a single event. In other words, it is highly improbable that you will win the lottery. Yet someone does win almost every time without breaking science as we know it. Probability cannot predict who that winner will be -- it can only say that winners occur rarely in a field of players.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I know its not proof... but this is a well known attempt to calculate roughly how many planets with life may be in our galaxy ( only our galaxy),,, and the guy came up with 12,000 ..... now this equation may be meaningless... the number could be 1 ( its just i cant say that with much seriousness, because my logic tells me it is very unlikely there is only 1 planet with life , in this galaxy mind you... the odds belch laughter when you bring it to the entirety of the universe while saying this is the only planet with life...

en.wikipedia.org...

these arent stars by the way... if not every speck of light in the images are galaxies ( so you have some images to go with OPs numbers)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join