It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by ImaFungi
People have the right to be agnostic on the issue, but besides the lack of proof, I would like to hear anyones opinion on why they think there is good evidence there is no other life in the universe.

I don't believe ANYONE has said this. Straw man argument.

If there is no rational reason to assume that there is no life in the universe. isnt that proof that there must be life in the universe?

No, it is not. It is an assumption based upon the lack of another assumption... doubly flawed logic.

You have to believe there is a chance there is no other life in the universe if you would argue the lack of proof matters.

So 50,000 years ago the earth was flat because you couldnt prove it otherwise?

edit on 9-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let say I have a nice big glass of highly corrosive acid ( in a container that can withstand hypothetically and obviously)

We pour half this acid over a thick piece of steel and it melts right through it...

Your argument would be, we cannot know for certain drinking this acid will be harmful for a human.. because there is no proof that a human drinking this acid will be harmed... because there is no proof of a human drinking it?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

You have to believe there is a chance there is no other life in the universe if you would argue the lack of proof matters.

There is life in the universe, look in a mirror.

Your argument would be, we cannot know for certain drinking this acid will be harmful for a human.. because there is no proof that a human drinking this acid will be harmed... because there is no proof of a human drinking it?

There is enough to see that you would be horribly mistaken!
edit on 9-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil

There is life in the universe, look in a mirror.

There is enough to see that you would be horribly mistaken!

If you remember correctly ( i know you went through a lot in this thread) I responded early on in this thread and am; On your side

so my last few replies have been to the others
edit on 9-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ok, sorry bud did not realize that. Guess I should read back some to see what it is all about.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So 50,000 years ago the earth was flat because you couldnt prove it otherwise?

Yes. 50,000 years ago the earth was flat for that very reason. You got me there.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can't believe it's so many "concrete" thinkers out there still as opposed to those who think in a abstract manner. Of course it's aliens.

It's the reason we exist.
It's the basis of the NWO.
Anything that can't be attributed to the fundamental human comprehension (pyramids, ambiguity of ancient text, multiple unofficial ufo sightings, etc) is via aliens.

But that's another story.

It would be highly illogical to assume that out of all this vast space we call a universe, that Earth is the ONLYplanet with life. If the mechanisms of how even the simplest of life manifests under various conditions are understood, and the ability to understand that these same elements exist all over this universe, then how could anyone think otherwise? To add, if you take into consideration that different parts of the universe came into being billions....even trillions of years apart, you can theoretically acknowledge the technological and evolutionary gap between all ET's.... from the simplest of lifeforms to the most advanced. The known universe that humans perceive is a relatively new universe when compared to others. Aliens are here and have been coming here for eons. Eventually in the distant future humanity, if it survives, will get to the point where we will play visitor to or pehhaps play geneticist with a more primitive civilization. Maybe even play savior. It's so much more going on outside of measly old Earth and most of us earthlings are oblivious to that fact.

Just because you haven't seen it, or perhaps can't venture to it, is not concrete evidence to solidify the assumption that aliens don't exist. There is a reason they have not been revealed outright. Understand that a revelation of this magnitude would crumble religion and put Earth in too big a state of unpredictable shock. Believe me when I say many deals and pacts have been made (murders too) in order to keep this under wraps but it's slowly, subtly coming forward.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

I'm pretty sure people aren't anti ET but more so aren't convinced that the OP has proof. As many have said, there is a massively high probability that ETs exist but his numbers aren't proof. It would give almost all of those nice touchy feely sensations but no solid proof.

I like your optimism that "aliens are here" but where is your solid, undeniable proof? same as the OP, lots of hunches but no proof

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

I'm pretty sure people aren't anti ET but more so aren't convinced that the OP has proof. As many have said, there is a massively high probability that ETs exist but his numbers aren't proof. It would give almost all of those nice touchy feely sensations but no solid proof.

I like your optimism that "aliens are here" but where is your solid, undeniable proof? same as the OP, lots of hunches but no proof

Is it possible to know something with 100% certainty without having immediate proof? My past few replies I have attempted to prove that this is possible to achieve.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Is it possible to know something with 100% certainty without having immediate proof? My past few replies I have attempted to prove that this is possible to achieve.

I think you can believe something with 100% certainty without having immediate proof, but how do you "know" it without proof? And if you're trying to convince someone else.... guess it just depends on whether they want to believe or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well, you can "believe" you've got it hammered but I'm still going to wait until there is undeniable proof. I still hope there is but I'll still wait for proof and unfortunately, I am not convinced by any argument on here yet

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

This is what I mean by concrete thinking.

If you understand the principle of life I illustrated in my post, there's no need for you to have to see a alien in the flesh at all.

And yes aliens are here. Reptilian aliens are behind the manipulation of Earth. To even buy into this revelation you have to dive deeply into the concept and actuality of different dimensional sight, realities, vibrational energy and existence. David Icke explained this thoroughly.

I could send you tons of links, vids,etc. but to what avail? For you to discredit and tell me that guys crazy or that's a forged document etc. You may have thought that about this vid. However if you chose to stay confirmed to only thinking inside the box, that's your prerogative. I consider myself a spreader of knowledge and will continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ya what you said! Another thing is people will believe almost anything scientists say, so what about all the Nazi scientists who came to America and helped send them to space after the war, telling them where they got some of their tech... It wasn't Jewish Santa Claus lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

When I can see it, touch it and know 100% for myself then I will believe. Until then, there IS no proof so stop with the delusions to feed the wishful thinking.

Life on Earth is only proof of stupidity. Just a ball of dirt hurtling through space with no destination and no purpose.
edit on 5/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Can you touch love, can you see it ? Do you believe it ?
Can you see the wind ? Do you believe it is there ?
Can you see air ?

Each to their own - you can believe whatever and others can believe whatever.
One of you may be wtong .. who cares, we'll find out in the end.
Me i think life is magical, but hard sometimes - for sure.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hey so where is the proof for your way of thinking being true? There is plenty of stories and footage for the opposite of your belief, more than there ever will be for yours too.

Don't knock it man because your not a believer that only shows weakness in your argument.

Do you have any proof life is so unique it cannot simply be proven by various facts laid around the planet, not to mention the countless life forms inhabiting this "pale blue dot?"
View Astrochemistry on wikipedia and share your opinion after that if you have not already.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry for forgetting what it was, but I watched a documentary a few weeks back that explained how the earth came to be, including how the moon's influence could've been the reason why life is here.
Basicly the moon was another planet and it collided with earth. For whatever reason it stayed in earths orbit and has been slowly moving away since. Earth's magnetic field comes into play and then we have the so called 'goldilocks zone'.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out the fact that there were so many influences that started life here so why can't there be others out there?

Off topic question: Is it possible for a planet to have two suns? Sorry

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Hi memedoug, I find that which you speak of about the earth and moon and intriguing, was it called The Horizon Project?

In this thread try viewing some of NewAgeMan's posted material it may surprise you.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by memedoug
I'm sorry for forgetting what it was, but I watched a documentary a few weeks back that explained how the earth came to be, including how the moon's influence could've been the reason why life is here.
Basicly the moon was another planet and it collided with earth. For whatever reason it stayed in earths orbit and has been slowly moving away since. Earth's magnetic field comes into play and then we have the so called 'goldilocks zone'.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out the fact that there were so many influences that started life here so why can't there be others out there?

Off topic question: Is it possible for a planet to have two suns? Sorry

or the other way of looking at it is that what would be the probability of the moon, the magnetic field, the goldilocks zone ect ALL happening again? 1/10000000000 times 1/10000000000000000 times 1/10000000000000000000 times 1/1000000000000000000 etc so actually, even though there is the probability of all of those events occurring againg to give the right conditions for life, there is also a probability of there NOT being all of the conditions combining to give life. But as I have said before, I really hope there will be contact but there is still a tiny chance that life won't be found

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Quit living in the past already.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So with the TRILLIONS of planets and moons out in space and the TRILLIONS of years that pass by with celestial bodies being constantly created, it's highly improbable that these conditions can't be met with repeated frequency?

Can't tell if serious. If so, then you're not really using your head. Once again think about the amount of matter out there and the time frame.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join