It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by TrueBrit

If what your implying is hard science, not guesswork and possibilities. By comparing this topic to a murder trial I'd like to see you prove that logical as this is entirely different.

First off my friend, say we are in a courtroom and I present my case about this topic. What verdict say you? (Guilty being I am guilty of being correct, but the question is not rhetorical.)

Secondly, in contrast to your comparison the universe has swung the hammer many times on this planet alone, so just look to your self for the proof.

What the

You need to learn to express your thoughts more clearly as this is about the 4th post that just makes no sense,

Before you hit post maybe preview your post and make sure its legible for others other than yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by beautyofperil

People will continue to be ignorant; I worry about this race as well. The more books that are published the more blind and oblivious to the possibilities we become.

The only thing we can do is watch as they present nothing to say that other beings do not exist out there, but by my calculations; the idea that other beings do exist out there over power the idea that they don't. Evidence will always surpass false belief.

Ignorance is, indeed, bliss.
edit on 6-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

People will continue to be ignorant; I worry about this race as well. The more YouTube videos that are produced the more blind and oblivious to the possibilities we become.

Fixed for you,

Reading is good as it stimulates your brain more positively than watching a video,

People will continue to be ignorant Yes they will, Yes they will.

That should of been Obama's slogan instead of "Change, Yes we can"

"People will continue to be ignorant, Yes they will, Yes they will."

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Greetings, as many of you know life is precious, Earth is unique and we are not alone in this universe. How can the can people look up and think that we are all there is. There is many more like us and vastly different than us, just look in the mirror and ask yourself "What am I?"
The obvious answer is not always the correct answer. If everything was answered by the most obvious, there would be no need to seek answers as the answer is obvious. Additionally we would know more about the depths of our oceans than we do of outer space.
It's easy to say there is nothing else out there like us and there is no proof that we are not alone. But I ask you this, is it really that hard to open your mind to the facts that you cannot see?

A planet developing intelligence is only a tiny fraction of a large amount of possibilities. An intelligent species evolving is not a given in a planets lifetime. If you use the Earth as an example, in the billions of life forms that have lived on Earth, only one evolved intelligence beyond it's need for survival and procreation. That's 99% of life that has ever existed on Earth's 4.6 billion year history, were non-intelligent. Human levels of intelligence are an extremely rare occurrence. We have to carry that frame of reference out into our own galaxy and into other galaxies throughout the universe. Many different life forms will be out there. But, the majority of those will be basic types of life. Many more planets will not have life at all. The likelihood of intelligent life, as well as superior intelligent life are there also. But, I don't think in the numbers that many people here seem to believe. We could be one of a very tiny group of intelligent beings in the universe.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

What did you not understand?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

I have always said if I was part of an advanced intelligent extraterrestrial race, I wouldn't fuq with human me either.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What did you not understand?

If what your implying is hard science, not guesswork and possibilities. By comparing this topic to a murder trial I'd like to see you prove that logical as this is entirely different. First off my friend, say we are in a courtroom and I present my case about this topic. What verdict say you? (Guilty being I am guilty of being correct, but the question is not rhetorical.) Secondly, in contrast to your comparison the universe has swung the hammer many times on this planet alone, so just look to your self for the proof.

the whole post

North American= us today, New Worlder=when the white man came a knocking. Guess I actually put that backwards at first. They go to the moon for a few days and play a round of golf.

This whole post was suppose to be explaining how any American can become an extra terrestrial, how does a human become an extra terrestrial? By going to the Moon is what I'm understanding, if so how does going to the Moon make one an extra terrestrial? And Yes I have seen Apollo18. good film.

Hey now, please do not bash him like that as I'm tired of people being bashed for their beliefs.

I asked to be saved as his words spoke of whats to come and it seemed quite enduring. Why assume any bashing and especially about beliefs?

I wouldn't fuq with human me either.

Some of your posts leaves ones head spinning trying to make sense of what your writing, either your thinking too quick and cannot type your thoughts down properly or English is not your 1st language or your just young and too excited and overwhelmed after joining.
Many times I have made grammatical mistakes so I am not judging just trying to understand some things you say which I simply don't.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
not proof.... just more evidence

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Ok I will try, but this is really unimportant and I only doing this out of boredom and to be fair I did not understand much at first about what he was saying.

TrueBrit said:

I look at it this way. Lets say that we are in a courtroom and a man is on trial, lets say for murder. In order to prove his guilt, one would have to prove that the man was at the scene, that he had handled the murder weapon, and likely as not, show physical evidence proving that not only was he in the room, handled the weapon, but show that he was the one that pulled a trigger, or swung the hammer, or what have you. I see this the same way. We can theorise as much as we want, but until we have sifted the galaxy for the physical evidence that proves, beyond any doubt, that alien life exists, we cannot consider the job done, or any conclusion to be comprehensive, or utterly trustworthy. In short my approach is based in hard science, not guesswork and possibilities.

I replied:

If what your implying is hard science, not guesswork and possibilities. By comparing this topic to a murder trial I'd like to see you prove that logical as this is entirely different. First off my friend, say we are in a courtroom and I present my case about this topic. What verdict say you? (Guilty being I am guilty of being correct, but the question is not rhetorical.) Secondly, in contrast to your comparison the universe has swung the hammer many times on this planet alone, so just look to your self for the proof.

I saw no "hard science" in his reply just guesswork and possibilities in a poor comparision to the topic at hand, therefore I did not fully understand what he meant first, but I tried my best, but it only created a cluster f**k of misunderstandings, hence having to type this out for you.
I felt it was a poor comparison. I asked him not caring what his answer actually was to it if I was guilty of being correct that life on earth is proof of extraterrestrials.
Next, I used his poor comparison anyways to show him how he was wrong, that on earth, life has died out (Not completely everytime) and reestablished itself multiple times... Hence: "the universe has swung the hammer many times on this planet alone".

Hope that was better for you!
Next is this one you did not understand:

North American= us today, New Worlder=when the white man came a knocking. Guess I actually put that backwards at first. They go to the moon for a few days and play a round of golf.

They lived on another world even if only for a few days. So I am saying with an example of history: Europeans came here and became New worlders/North Americans, therefore North Americans went to the moon and became Extraterrestrials as they had lived on an extra world.

Better?

Hey now, please do not bash him like that as I'm tired of people being bashed for their beliefs.

My mistake, I thought you were sarcastic and bashing him because that is exactly what I would of done.

I wouldn't fuq with human me either.

Well I guess you did not notice that by the word "fuq" was slang for # (which I know T&C, don't use slang as this is what they said would happen and the other dont use foul language which is why in its true form it appears as only a # )

Now my turn to not understand...

What the You need to learn to express your thoughts more clearly as this is about the 4th post that just makes no sense, Before you hit post maybe preview your post and make sure its legible for others other than yourself.

What did all these misunderstandings have to do with you? How was that not legible? Too many big words?

Why not try and understand this if you want hard science:

AstroChemistry

If I can be of anymore assistance please let me know as I mean well and wish to debate and am excited to debate as new member yes, you were correct with that statement that I am excited, however that is how I would put it.

edit on 8-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: Grammar

edit on 8-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Right. There is a lot of evidence. In fact, I think there is overwhelming evidence to support the idea of ET life.

However, overwhelming evidence itself does not necessarily make something "true". Hard proof is needed for that. In this case, the hard proof would be coming in contact with the ETs (even non-physical contact) and positively identifying them.

"Overwhelmingly probable based on evidence" and "True" are two different things.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

I saw no "hard science" in his reply just guesswork and possibilities in a poor comparision to the topic at hand, therefore I did not fully understand what he meant first, but I tried my best, but it only created a cluster f**k of misunderstandings, hence having to type this out for you. I felt it was a poor comparison. I asked him not caring what his answer actually was to it if I was guilty of being correct that life on earth is proof of extraterrestrials. Next, I used his poor comparison anyways to show him how he was wrong, that on earth, life has died out (Not completely everytime) and reestablished itself multiple times... Hence: "the universe has swung the hammer many times on this planet alone". Hope that was better for you!

No, even more ('
') now, thanks

You obviously did not and still do not understand his analogy.
Ask if you don't understand do not just assume because you still make no sense, you keep showing how everyone is wrong yet you are unable to understand simple analogies and call them poor comparisons when in fact they are not and your addition of your guilt of being right makes you sound too childish, how old are you?

Why cant you express yourself without swearing? What your doing is still against T&C I believe.

They lived on another world even if only for a few days. So I am saying with an example of history: Europeans came here and became New worlders/North Americans, therefore North Americans went to the moon and became Extraterrestrials as they had lived on an extra world. Better?

No, they are still Human, unless you look at it from the Moons perspective( and there was life on the Moon), then we would be extra terrestrial to that life but not to us back here on Earth, they would still be the same humans to us, not extra terrestrial, the life they find that's not from Earth would be extra terrestrial but not the astronauts themselves

They are not Extra terrestrial to Earth, They might be extra terrestrial to the Moon if the Moon wasn't created from an impact with earth ages ago as one theory states. Humans would be extra terrestrial to Uranus.

What did all these misunderstandings have to do with you? How was that not legible? Too many big words?

Big words
Maybe in the things you quoted, the majority of your posting in this thread has been 1 liners, with legibility, would you like me to quote more or better yet just look at the second line in your OP, it begins there so please do not ask how it was not legible.

Here are the first two sentences of your OP

Greetings, as many of you know life is precious, Earth is unique and we are not alone in this universe. How can the can people look up and think that we are all there is.

If Earth is unique, how does something that there is only one of prove there is another one of that one? Remember there is only the one, being unique and all, how is the only one proof of another one?

As another poster asked who are the can people?

How can people look up and think we are all there is, well, you said the earth is unique did you not?

Please stop trying to explain as it seems our understandings seem to going the opposite direction

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There are indeed lots of planets that have these characteristics, but what about the thing that differs us from a rock? I'm talking about the (albeit not proven) soul. I'm just leaving animals out of the equation. But even then: life is something entirely different than molecules and atoms. Although they are the building blocks of life, they are not life itself

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Ok well than here is my next answer for your problem.

What you are

Yes I do like to stand alone and be an individual, unless you meant it in a derogatory sense well then I might try the Alert function for once,

Nah, why create more work for the MODS, In many eyes I am what you say, to say it make you that in all eyes,

edit on 8-2-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
[...However, I think if they did, we would know about it (I mean really know about it, not just have reports of strange sightings). I don't necessarily count abduction stories as real evidence, either.

Can you elaborate on why you think that? It would be nice to think that the Annunaki or ancient giants came down, they would be so large it would be impossible to cover themselves

The reality is that we have to think in universe years, which are in the millions and billions. So 100 million years more advanced than us in technology, plus they function more like a plant and they are at a higher density, there are reasons why they don't just come down and say hi.

Another reason why I think it is possible we have never been visited id the fact that the earth could easily be overlooked in the vastness of space. Aliens may have no idea we even exist. We are basically just a spec of dust at the scale of the galaxy -- and we are even smaller at the scale of the known universe; at the scale of the known universe, Earth is so small that it could be considered virtually non-existent.

I agree that the earth is nonvisible, in comparison with our dwarf star it is a spec and in comparison with a large star you cannot see it. But who are we to think of the alien technology it would take to be able to discover that earth is a very small planet? For all we know the aliens may have a mandatory check of all the planets in each solar system they discover so they don't leave anything out. In fact this was written 6,000 years ago. Like a scientist studying an atom it is known the small things can be important and those aren't left out.

You may argue that they could know about us through our radio transmissions, but even our radio transmissions have gone basically nowhere in the past 100 years we have been broadcasting The tiny blue dot in the image bolw is the extent of our radio transmissions over the past 100 years

Yes SETI was a waste of time because it would take too long for them to get anywhere. It isn't really logical to think that the things happening in the 1940s sent a message into space and then the aliens came. Rather the things in 1940s had sent a message to those who were monitoring earth, and then they had sent the message to the others.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Ya to each their own. I always say third times a charm.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I don't think the question is wheather there is life out there or not. The question is how old and advanced is the human race in comparison...

There! My very very first post

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

Kudos to you, and welcome! I agree that it is likely that there is something out there, and the answer to your very insightful questions is one which I would love to see in my lifetime. However, to prove the existence of alien species, and to answer those questions will take a massive effort of exploration. They cannot be answered from the comfort of our armchairs, or indeed from within our atmosphere, certainly not to any acceptable level of solidity.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
yes they do exist but in what shape form or maybe in ghost like

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by ImaFungi

Right. There is a lot of evidence. In fact, I think there is overwhelming evidence to support the idea of ET life.

However, overwhelming evidence itself does not necessarily make something "true". Hard proof is needed for that. In this case, the hard proof would be coming in contact with the ETs (even non-physical contact) and positively identifying them.

"Overwhelmingly probable based on evidence" and "True" are two different things.

So there is just as much proof that the center of the earth is a leprechaun whose made of chocolate wearing 100 bikinis then there is that it is a iron-nickel core... so it is equally rational to believe either.... just like regardless of evidence it is equally rational to believe that this is the only planet in the universe with life because there is no proof otherwise? It is rational for me to believe there is an invisible dragon over your head right now because you cant prove there isnt one,, just like its rational to believe there is no other life in the universe because you cant prove there is..

I think there are 2 separate arguments that should have spawned from the OP, one being resolved quickly.. there is no proof of extraterrestrial life, as in, no photos... done.

the second argument, is what a person thinks giving evidence, what they choose to believe given numbers and knowledge and laws and science... this is opinion. People have the right to be agnostic on the issue, but besides the lack of proof, I would like to hear anyones opinion on why they think there is good evidence there is no other life in the universe. If there is no rational reason to assume that there is no life in the universe. isnt that proof that there must be life in the universe?
edit on 9-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
People have the right to be agnostic on the issue, but besides the lack of proof, I would like to hear anyones opinion on why they think there is good evidence there is no other life in the universe.

I don't believe ANYONE has said this. Straw man argument.

Originally posted by ImaFungi
If there is no rational reason to assume that there is no life in the universe. isnt that proof that there must be life in the universe?

No, it is not. It is an assumption based upon the lack of another assumption... doubly flawed logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join