It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Slaughter (Are we wrong for eating meat?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with Eating meat... but the way of some animals are raised. Some pigs spend their entire life in cages, food pumped thru a tube, some go mad and start biting on the iron cage until their mouth bleeds. Just seeing those kinda kept me off certain meats... i enjoy chicken/seafood, occasionally others like beef and lamb...

Some people hunt for no reason at all, just to put a bullet int he animals, hunting with a full belly and call it sport, while the meat is wasted.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I like the OP. I am a meat eater and have killed and dressed animals for food. I do not bring the deer to the butcher, I must process the whole deer myself. You learn from this that there is a lot of work involved and this helps in the appreciation of the work involved. I do not believe in the way that much of our food is produced, the animal deserves to be treated well while it is alive. Research how calves are treated to get the best veal. Starving the calf to get the desired quality. I do not eat calf, never have. There is a balance point to the healthful chemical qualities of beef cattle. The best age seems to be about two to two and a half years old with normal growth eating natural foods. The elastins in the meat form to a proper level. After that there is more human antigen rejection problems associated with the meat but this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Onions will take care of this problem. None of this has anything to do with the limited nutrition data that we are led to believe is the only thing that is important.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The only one who can determine what is right and wrong is you. The only one your determination will effect is you. Doing something that you have labeled to be bad will cause you to have a bad experience. You could do the same thing and think it to be good and you will have a good experience.

If you think eating meat is wrong, don't do it. It doesn't mean it is wrong, but it does mean you and the cows feel better about yourselves. But then again, if the cow is dead, then I guess it makes no difference to him. So its all up to you then. Torturing animals is something I couldn't do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

No, we are not wrong for eating meat. God put animals here on this Earth for us to eat. Our bodies are designed to need protein in order to function effectively. God created man in his image and gave man domain over the animals, which is why man IS NOT an animal. Of course this all depends on rather or not you believe such things... if not, then enjoy your kelp salad.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
For humanity to evolve consciously I believe we will not kill animals. I am a meat eater, but I no longer contribute to the Aushwitz farming. I am making my way to be COMPLETE Vegetarian- That being said, I don't think it will happen, certainly not in my lifetime- I think at least we can condemn the inhumane treatment of animals.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Genesis doesn't imply that we aren't animals. That's your own personal interpretation. That's like saying sadaam hussein wasn't a human because of his dominion over humans.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No we are not wrong for eating meat.

Being a vegetarian or becoming any other label has nothing to do with morals or spirituality. Matter of fact if you care for those things, it can be said that it's the opposite of spirituality because you are caring for cultural way of thinking and cultivating bias opinions.

I do believe it's wrong for factory breed animals, now we'll be seeing a lot more genetically modified animals thanks to prop 37. However nature is in harmony with animals eating animals, it's all intended. The food chains works because this is how the universe is expressing itself and it works down to the math and science of it. You'll never see an obese lion in the wild or abusing the food chain. The animals life doesn't go in vain because humans have the capacity and intellect to appreciate the death of an animal as food and I think this is one of the many ways animals help us to grow and one of the reasons is because animals are not creators, there brains does not process the intentions to create, so their purpose is for other things. But as humans inhabiting earth also need to live in harmony with it and any other planet we may inhabit.

It's a personal decision for the individual to decide if they want to live in harmony or not, there's no moral or earthly standard to live by. It's actually simple logic to know that we must live in balance, as we gain higher awareness of ourselves it becomes common-sense.

edit on 5-2-2013 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?"
- Homer Simplton

edit on 5-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Anyway, after my experience with the chickens I go out of my way to buy free range where possible, even if it costs more. More money to the farmer doing the right thing,

Yes - the more people that support the humane treatment of the food-animals with their dollars - the more incentive there is for farmers/ranchers to treat them humanely - it's win-win

There are so many more options at the market now - the more options there are the more the competition to get those dollars from people who prefer to buy meat from animals treated humanely - and the prices come down

It's beginning to change for the better - it's so much better than it was even 5 years ago

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You hold the key to what is the truth about meat and its impact on healthy humans.

Meat is more readily available and that is why we eat it more often, while our ancestor only ate meat when they were able to get it and that was not very often, also we process meat more than it should and most nutrients that we could get out it are gone after processing.

But that we are capable of eating meat, yes we are carnivores, but no in the quantities we do now.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Genesis doesn't imply that we aren't animals. That's your own personal interpretation. That's like saying sadaam hussein wasn't a human because of his dominion over humans.

It's nothing like that at all... and if we are created in God's image, and we are indeed animals, then that would imply that God is also an animal. Humans are not animals, contrary to what the secular humanist crowd would have you believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well the meat here has horse meat in it that's all over the news and the one we ate last week had it in it as it is one that has been removed from shelves I just found out. So it kind of puts you off eating meat for a while.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I would feel guilty too if I shot two birds with no intentions of eating them. You DO NOT kill an animal you do not intend to eat unless it is a threat to yourself or others or is seriously injured or sick. (a bear trying to rip you to shreds, a deer that was hit by a car and is hurt and dying, rabid animal, ect). To me that is trophy hunting and is a waste of life. If you do not intend to eat it, if it is not causing harm, and if it is healthy do not kill it.
I come from a family that hunts, I have cleaned deer and pheasants, caught, scaled and cleaned fish to eat. And you are right, so few people think about the fact that the hamburger on their plate came from an actual animal. I was raised around hunting and fishing. I have seen cattle slaughtered to provide food too. So I have seen the process and am thankful to the animal that gave it's life so I could eat. In my thoughts everyone who eats meat should go hunt their food at least once, it gives you a new appreciation for it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join