It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Slams Murdered U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul Slams Murdered U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle
www.breitbart.com...

Ron Paul said:

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

I entirely agree with Ron Paul in regards to the ridiculousness of treating PTSD at a firing range. I think that's incredibly dangerous, and irresponsible. But what I don't agree with, is the claim that the adage, "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" was appropriate. I've never been a fan of Ron Paul's ego, and righteous approach to politics and philosophies of governance, he says a lot of ignorant things. You can add this to the list.

I don't think he would have made this comment if he had a future in politics, but maybe. Either way, sad.

Wasn't Ron Paul in the Air Force? Why hasn't he crashed a plane into a mountain yet?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think it’s a bit insensitive. He was human after all and the man has a family. Perhaps taking this man to a shooting range was a mistake and I’m sure in hindsight, Kyle wouldn’t have done so. But everyone makes mistakes. This mistake has had him and his friend murdered and a 25 year old put in jail for life or the death penalty. You can’t really blame someone for their own murder. I’m sure he didn’t wake up that morning and think; “Argh, I might try to help someone today by taking him to a shooting range so that he can murder me and my buddy”.

My question is, considering his condition is due to military service and fighting in war, where was the support from the Government he fought for? Where does their responsibility, or even culpability, begin and end?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I once had tremendous respect for Ron Paul.

Now I see clearly, he's just a pissy, senile old man.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

But what I don't agree with, is the claim that the adage, "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" was appropriate.

That saying has been around for who knows how long back, mabey back to Roman times. It has survived this long because its true. Im not a RP fan but the adage is perfectly right and applies.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I concur. This is a true adage; a statement of wisdom. It is here to help us.
I see this tweet was pounced upon by the usual suspects, conservative news outlets such as Huffington and Fox.
Here is an example of a tactical trend in media. If one points out Truth, and it is contrary to the media agenda, they pull this sort of insensitivity accusation card.
I think we saw this in the wake of 9/11, Sandy Hook, and certainly other events. One who intelligently questions an event, or even states a Common Universal Wisdom, can be rejected, marginalized, and ridiculed; labeled as unpatriotic or insensitive. The media uses emotion to manipulate, and disguise truths which may reside in plain sight, essentially by saying, 'you may not think that, it is un American, or inhumane.' So people allow emotions to supersede rationality, and submit to the media's mind.
I am only beginning to rant.
I think we know from Ron Paul's works that he is hardly lacking of compassion.

edit on 5-2-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I think we know from Ron Paul's works that he is hardly lacking of compassion.

im not pro or against RP, i have never met him. The saying live by the sword however was used perfectly in the right context of situation. The main media can be trolls on the truth at times but then most people know that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well I really have no idea how what Ron Paul said has ticked off some people in this thread.

I have no idea what really happened at the shooting range and I make no claim to. Ron Paul is correct though that this was a man of arms who died by arms. Life as one of the finest killing machines the US has produced (I have much respect for the frogmen) carries risks, even ones such as a most unfortunate death by one of your friends.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I disagree that Dr.Paul would not have made this very accurate statement if he was running for office.
Dr. Paul has always been an open book and honest as far as I can tell, this is why he has never been a president, he's not willing to bow and scrape.
The murderer in question embraced the title "devil of ramadi" and bragged about his 160 kills.
These are not the traits I would want of my friends or family, and they are not the traits of a human being.
The murderer in question did four tours he was having so much fun on his "human hunting" military paid vacation.
If this murderer had done this on his home soil against invaders, then I would support him.
Problem is, he was murdering true freedom fighters just defending their own home soil.
Dr. Paul was right, live by the sword and die by the sword.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's not the first time Ron Paul is under attack for quoting Jesus. It wasn't very long ago at all the "Christian" conservatives were booing him for quoting the golden rule. I mean Jesus and his apostles got beaten, tortured and killed for saying this kind of stuff, so obviously a far lesser man is going to take flack for it.

Christians defend everything from preemptive war to pagan holidays to the Jewish religion...I wonder when they will stand up and start defending a man for quoting Christ.

This has never been a popular message.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
maybe its too soon
and the truth hurts
I don't know...

very ironic
to say the least.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
RP did no disservice to the man......ptsd isnt something you take to a gun range.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
I once had tremendous respect for Ron Paul.

Now I see clearly, he's just a pissy, senile old man.

Although I entirely disagree with your sentiment, I think he has every right to become a pissy, senile old man.

I do not know a lot about your politicians, and four years ago, even I though America had done it right (first black president).

It instantly became obvious that Obama was not what you were promised.

Where as RP has for years been yelling as loud as he could while you all ignored him. He would (i hope) have brought your fake federal bank down to the ground, and with it a great deal of the corruption.

I really want to say a lot more. But that would just be rambling.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Forgot to add on topic response.

All loss of life is tragic. The radial effect can travel for miles, into many homes, many hearts.
edit on 5-2-2013 by AdamOver because: typo.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe this saying comes from Revelations.

"He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints." (Rev.13:10 KJV)

Kind of meaning that people who live their lives with violence will likely succumb to it. This man was beyond just a soldier, he had to live the life to be as successful as he was.

This may be what Paul meant.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i think the old saying from Jesus 'he who lives by the sword will die by the sword' is something that really true..

No one disputes that this guy killed so many freedom fighters including civilians.. Every soul he killed have families and who symphatize with them ? 250+ people killed from afar , with no remorse at all , no repercussion and yet this murderer get elevated to hero ?

something is wrong with the society who glorify a killer as their hero.. America become another Roman Empire where violence and murder are glorified and killers put on pedestals..

top topics

join