It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I alone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My dreams have remained the same thru the years. I remember my dreams as well as any waking time. Sometimes its as if i`m living a whole other life in my dreams, they seem so real.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
unplug all appliances in your room and turn everything off. a man in another thread wrote about this and i tried it. i just woke up from dream, initiated sleep paralysis, and a lucid dream all in one night. by the way here is what i typed as soon as i woke up which was less than ten minutes ago so i think it worked. don't use it i might make a comic or something out of it.

just had sleep paralysis and a lucid dream

as i went into sleep paralysis i noticed fear and steadied my breathing. from now on i will do this at the beginning

in the lucid dream i was a young black boy with a white outfit. i was running around in a empty facility. i used the bathroom in one of the rooms and then ran around some more then i started to get a strange forboding feeling that the longer i stayed there that something evil was coming for me. so i continued to run around until i found a exit. i finally found one at the end of a hallway and ran outside. as soon as i got outside i checked my surroundings not knowing where i was i automatically searched for highest ground. but then i spotted a town in the opposite direction. wanting to get away from the facility i ran. i then noticed a young white wolf cub. without hesitation i picked him up and continued running. i had to hop fences and go through holes in the fences to avoid going off a straight path to the town. i found a baseball field where children my age and there parents where playing a game. as i walked by i distinctly noticed a man staring at me and then it started to rain. i hid in one of the dugouts with my wolf cub and woke up.

-asher
edit on 5-2-2013 by asher because: we trippy mane

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

You may need to unplug.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

I looked at where your location is and Id have to agree with you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

To put it very, simplistically, when people are seriously disappointed in life, they can stop "dreaming" (as in: envisioning a future). This could be connected with the lack of remembered night dreams.
reply to post by AdAstra

This statement really speaks to me. The disappointed in life part specifically. I find the modern world and its stresses they impose to be a real creativity and dream killer.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

So do you dream more now or less now than you have in the past?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alltogethernow
My dreams have remained the same thru the years. I remember my dreams as well as any waking time. Sometimes its as if i`m living a whole other life in my dreams, they seem so real.

Lucky you. I hope to resolve my dreaming issues soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

I'm going to try and move my alarm clock to see if that causes a change.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You never stop dreaming. Ever. You do in fact, age and stop "remembering" them. But, you never stop.

Example: Hook you up to a measuring device for brain waves...it shows immediately when youve entered REM or the dream-state.

Since that happens in every sleep-study...it represents we all dream, every night...we just dont remember them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I need to go back and read all the responses, but I have not noticed any decline in dreaming. I too like some of the other responders make a conscious effort to remember my dreams upon waking and even ask questions when falling asleep that I hope to get answers for in sleeping.

I think the waking up process is really what seems to change the dreaming experience. If I wake up and go back to sleep I may only remember bits and pieces of the dreams. If I lay with my eyes closed and try to remember most of it will come to me. If I've had any substances before sleeping I find it's much harder to remember my dreams.

I certainly think eating and sleeping patterns can also effect your dreaming.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Ah gotcha now it's all starting to flow together and I'm able to understand what you were getting at and will agree with you. I suppose without the dreams it would be like living life without a purpose in a sense pretty much a hollow experience of a life and trying to cope with every day things but not fully coming to terms with the actions either. At least that's one way I could relate it to myself lately going without dreams for a while and trying to find something worthwhile in living at this moment.

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

I looked at where your location is and Id have to agree with you.

Hahaha yeah not the best place for me right now

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by Shema

So do you dream more now or less now than you have in the past?

I dream pretty much every night. Funny thing is I live a fairly solitary life these days yet my dream life is just the opposite, people everywhere lots of interactions and on the whole very pleasant, sometimes amusing and I wake myself up laughing. But when the dreaming stops I know the reason has to do with my daily life. IE: I took up smoking marijuana some time back. Loved it. But eventually it started taking over my life, which didn't faze me until I realized my dreaming just wasn't happening anymore. I would hit the sack and wake up in the morning with nothing in between just a kind of black void, so I would light a joint and ... well so it went. I took hold of myself and quit, reluctantly at first , but it was the best thing I ever did.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

I to partake in the magic green flower.And have never had it cause me dream problems. But that is just me other people experience it in different ways.

I have sleep apnea which I will be going for surgery next month,(thank you medicare). I am hoping this solves everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I often look at the human brain during sleep, to be kind of like a computer defragging.

I think it may be my problem with sleep apnea occasionally I wake up chocking and gasping for air. I had dreams pretty much every night about 15 years ago and a gradual decline over time. I now figure I have about 2-3 dreams a week.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I have sleep apnea myself so no my friend...you're still saying you ONLY have a few....but the scientific concensus is we all still have many each and every night. Its that yure saying you don't CONCIOUSLY remember them when awakes. It happens as we all get older.

There are techniques to use to start remembering more of them.

Thinking about it...now-a-days with the apnea....I seem to have around 3 each night myself...often I remember them as one loooonnnng one.
Good luck!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join