It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesopotamian short story with an astrotheistic message

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Do you think Utu/Nannar/Ishtar are part of this trinity and are a 3 separate deities but also cannot exist without each other? If not can you give me your take on the trinity?

who met moses at the burning bush, hayah asher hayah.

that, i do believe, has been mistranslated to mean, i am that i am.
better, yet, answer this;' who was asherah?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Asherah? I'm not sure..

That's very compelling undo, I always pondered where Islam had its roots and it seems that its the same as other religions. Cheers for that, you learn something every day.

I read an interesting post the other day claiming that there are numerous references to Yahweh being some sort of serpent deity, Link below
Is Yahweh a dragon or serpent deity?

And Ra mythology fascinates me a great deal I'd like any links, thoughts you have on it. Everything interests me

But I was taken aback recently when I started reading from the Law of One and how the "social memory complex" being channeled is called "Ra" and couldn't help but wonder if there's any connection? I know very little of Egyptian mythology and I know this "channeling" stuff can further confuse things but it can't be just a coincidence.

You familiar with the Law of One and think it has any merit? Sounds like an extraterrestrial hive mind and a collective consciousness not from around these parts heheh. Ra and the Law of One

edit on 5-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
in a sumerian text describing enki's e.abzu temple, it says it was built entirely of silver, covered with gold and had lapis lazuli decorations. this temple could float, hover, fly, make roaring sounds, glow so brightly it lit up everything, had a door that snatches a man,had an interior that was a tangled thread beyond understanding, and its walls gave advice. it left during the flood and apparently did not come back to its original location at eridu in iraq. oddly enough, it was not built in sumer. it was built in the abyss and floated up from it, floated over the water, and landed in sumer. oh yeah, there's some real doozies in the sumerian text. if you want confirmation on this stuff, let me know.

in an egyptian text, called the legend of the destruction of mankind (the egyptian version of the flood) ra is said to have bones like silver, skin like gold and hair like lapis lazuli. now by the time ra was an item in egypt, enki was also being called EA. so i considered the possibility that RA=EA. and what happened was, rather than making a direct connection, the egyptians decided to couch it in terminology that only others who had access to hidden information, would recognize. so they likened ra to ea's temple, and anybody who knew about ea's temple and what it looked like, would recognize who/what ra was supposed to be.
edit on 5-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
p.s. if you think about it, sounds like the description of a mummified pharaoh, so when the legend of destruction of mankind states that ra looks like silver bones and gold skin and lapis lazuli hair, they could also be saying that ra looks like ea's mummy, but i'm guessing it's more like they deified ea's temple in the form of ra, and that became the standard for the appearance of royal sarcophagi (et,al, a silver inner sarcophagus, encased in a gold outer sarcophagus, decorated with lapis lazuli.)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
as far as the law of one goes, i have a problem with some esoterica or enlightenment philosophies, this based primairly on my interpretation of the fall narrative. most illumined texts try to suggest that humans were punished by mean ole jehovah because they sought after and gained secret knowledge from the serpent. this is incorrect in its current description.

knowledge meant to have sex with. so the knowledge eve and then adam received was the ability to achieve procreation. how this applies to the powers of god, was also pretty straight forward. prior to the procreative dna strands added to the human genome, humans were all called adam. not because they were all men, in fact, the text says elohim created adam in his image, male and female. the word adam is a plural, so is the word elohim, so really, the singular HIS should be changed to "THEIR" otherwise they have to assume god is a hermaphrodite. some occult schools even go as far as to suggest that is the case, that god is a hermaphrodite. i think they do this because otherwise that means the text is saying female adam were created in the image of female gods and male adam were created in the image of male gods.

as you will notice, once eve takes the plunge, female humans have the reputation of dried bird dung, where before that, they enjoyed, apparently, the ability to multiply without having to reproduce sexually and as a result had no pain in childbirth, but once they are given "knowledge" (procreation), they can now create copies of themselves, where prior to that, new copies were made by making copies of elohim. to me, that sounds like some kind of cloning.

at this point, enlil gets up in arms and goes to the divine council, they have a pow wow and decide that enki should nerf the new procreative humans, who apparently had enjoyed eternal bodies that were self regenerating prior to this.

so there's no big secret occult knowledge given to the eve and then the adam, merely the ability to create new life. this procreative ability required ovulation for women, and that was set to the 28 day lunar cycle, the "sin" of procreation. in effect, we were once eternally living, self repairing, clones. then we were given the ability to make copies of ourselves and THAT is the fall narrative and the big secret. sex was a no-no. adam replication was to be environmentally friendly, and for that to happen, creation of new adam was tightly controlled. with adam running around creating new adam, who had eternal bodies, this could be bad.

i also guesstimate that the addition of the dna reproductive ability included all the mammal hormones that went along with it, such as territorial behaviors, leading to the concept of "falling from grace"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Haha nice. Stargate was awesome but only the movie and SG1 with Macguyver

Used to love that show
Thanks for all the info undo, I'm glad you didn't like my story otherwise we wouldn't have had the trivia session
Any good ATS threads you can throw my way?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

knowledge meant to have sex with

Ok quote of the year undo hahahahah. Just joking, its very interesting. Sounds like other beings definitely had a part in our beginnings. Going to read more of these stories and myths for sure. You've given it a lot of thought and time and are quite articulate. I see now why you took issue with the story heheh

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
reply to post by undo

knowledge meant to have sex with

Ok quote of the year undo hahahahah. Just joking, its very interesting. Sounds like other beings definitely had a part in our beginnings. Going to read more of these stories and myths for sure. You've given it a lot of thought and time and are quite articulate. I see now why you took issue with the story heheh

it's right in the text! lol
"adam knew his wife and she gave birth."

eve was not the first female adam, she was just the first wife.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
okay i'm working on your "is yahweh a dragon" question. i have lots of thoughts on that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
one of the problems with the question of dragons in ancient texts, is understanding where the symbol stops and the reality begins. for example, by dragon do they mean classical european dragons or classical chinese/japanese dragons or naga like creatures such as these

or these

i mean, even this guy was a reptile

hehe

and could it perhaps be amphibian?

or something like this

or is it a reference to this type of thing only:

or this

as far as texts go, both enlil and enki were called dragons. there's a text out there, that claims when we created we were reptiles too and then were changed to mammals and as a result, the gods (reptiles) didn't want anything to do with us cause we smelled bad. had body odor, hair, and other types of odors that repelled them, thus the requirement for hygiene and specific diet, to lessen the odor. this of course, is completely reliant on the idea that reptiles have ever had the brain capacity of a human being, much less god like brain capacity or sentience above that of preprogrammed behaviors. like how smart is a dinosaur with the skull capacity several times that of a human being? how much of their brain capacity was used for hunting or eating, vs. pondering things like the future, the stars, science or philosophy, art or music, architecture or spacecraft?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Damn undo,

No holds barred on the last post, covers things I didn't consider. I mean when dinosaurs dominated the mammals at such a very early stage of life. Even consuming a creature of the opposite species could "cross over" and influence the DNA and genome. Maybe not right away, perhaps dormant gene information which may appear randomly. That could explain hybrids I guess, but this Yahweh Dragon theory is a kicker.

Say Dragons are real are there any clues as to if they're mortal, I doubt it hey. Or would a dragon even be a "flying snake" as a stereotypical depiction may hint at. Could be that they're invisible and reside in stars..

Have you seen the movie Dragonheart? that Dragon constellation of stars made me think of that movie just now. When the Dragons die, they take the form of a star in the night sky with all the other "Dragons" that perished before them. Damn, kudos again. Doesn't make it true but I like when people stoke my imagination and things just seem to "pop" in like deja vu. Its confusing but somewhat illuminating but can't be a coincidence...man i hate that word! haha

Not sure if that scene shows when the dragon turns into a star because I'm shaped but I think it might ...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i will watch the dragonheart vid in a few. i wanted to tell you about a palentologist who discovered several species of dinosaur, who also had a theory that had the ice age not happened, one of the raptors would've likely evolved into a sentient reptoid of sorts, upright, that stands like a human, bipedal , two eyes and ears, etc, and that it would have social culture, with implement usage and the whole schebang. even though he was famous for all his discoveries, the rest of the palentology community teased him about it. cause he even made a full sized statue of what he thought it would've looked like made, and a little backdrop of how it might've looked in the setting. heres a pic of it
theageofvolcanoes.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeah that clip kinda reminds me of this

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i see by your new avatar, you're going for the DRACula angle, so are you suggesting a dragon is a vampire?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Haha nah not at all, but Draculas related I take it.
Comic book character, Ras al Ghul from DC universe. Thats all.

Some great info you put up there, some of it I was aware of some of it I wasn't. I'm curious as to how much they influence me and everyone else. If they control the subconscious mind it may explain my messed up dreams I have been having for years. Or i simply may be a mental case but I don't think so

Cheers undo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join