It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC ufo lights 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
forgive me if this has previously been discussed here.

i filmed these unusual lights, in the background of a live bbc interview, off the tv screen with a lowly 5Mp camera back in 2008 (i think the 23rd october). i never did hear any ideas as to what they might have been.

i don't think they are airplanes. have at it, ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

They appear "fixed' for the time you filmed them. Warning beacons on tower cranes or some other flight navigation hazard are usually red. And they all blink. Maybe the camera the news crew was filming with was over contrasted or something? Dunno...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The photo analysis below is from UFO Magazine 1973, I think, demonstrating that a certain famous photo thought by some to represent UFOs actually showed lens flares caused by lights in windows below. In fact, most newspapers didm"t use the photo in 1952, because the editors interpreted those objects as lens flares and instead ran a cartoon version, to more legitimately represent what people saw with their own eyes rather be guilty of misrepresenting a camera artifact.

And whenever I'm watching a TV drama and see that view of the Capitol at night, I look carefully for the same kind of lens flares, and it's not hard to spot some. I recall one example in the series Seven Days, and I think another was in the series 24. And, of course, it's not limited to scenes showing the Capitol.

So that's one strong possibility.

edit on 4-2-2013 by xpoq47 because: additional comment

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

it's possible. thanks for commenting.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

thanks for that Xpoq

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You filmed it? Interesting how this person seemed to get exactly the same angle on his TV.
www.youtube.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't know what the lights are. Don't even know if they are flying.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yes, he used my footage.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Even though his was uploaded on Oct 3, 2008 and yours on Jan 13, 2013.

Right.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

sadly my youtube channel was closed down after 3 copyright strikes, it was there that i originally uploaded the clip.
i re-uploaded it this year, more out of curiosity than anything else. so, what do we think these lights (flying or otherwise) might be?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

so, what do we think these lights (flying or otherwise) might be?

My first thought is the Washington Monument.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was thinking these could be planes stacked up on approach to Reagan National Airport.

Reagan National is southwest of the Capitol Building, and these could be planes approaching from the west, stacked up. I flew into Reagan National before as a passenger, and the flight path sometimes takes me flying in on the west side of the Potomac and into the airport, right behind the Lincoln memorial (which is directly west of the Capitol Building, and behind it from the point of view of the camera in the video).

I'm not sure why they would appear to pulse if they were landing lights, so that is one strike against my theory.

edit on 2/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I was thinking these could be planes stacked up on approach to Reagan National Airport.

Reagan National is southwest of the Capitol Building, and these could be planes approaching from the west, stacked up. I flew into Reagan National before as a passenger, and the flight path sometimes takes me flying in on the west side of the Potomac and into the airport, right behind the Lincoln memorial (which is directly west of the Capitol Building, and behind it from the point of view of the camera in the video).

I'm not sure why they would appear to pulse if they were landing lights, so that is one strike against my theory.

edit on 2/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

My very first glance made me think an aircraft stack too, but then there was the blinking, so not. I do think this was on ATS before though.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by iCEdTenG

sadly my youtube channel was closed down after 3 copyright strikes, it was there that i originally uploaded the clip.
i re-uploaded it this year, more out of curiosity than anything else. so, what do we think these lights (flying or otherwise) might be?

Yes, I looked back at old threads on this, and there are a few referring to this video, but all have a dead link to the video, but there is one that Google mentions three copyright strikes against it here,

new topics

top topics

join