It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People feeling drunk/stoned around me, Noone cane explain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
first of all i would like to apologise for not being able to manage to create the thread i mentioned in my introduction, I have been very busy with work as of late, and still haven't had time to write it all up, although i do have a few notes ready to compile.
I'm popping on quickly tonight to get your thoughts and ideas on a very peculiar phenomena I experience, or rather the people around me frequently tell me.
First of all i should probably mention that I suffer from a rare dissasociative disorder called depersonalizastion disorder, and secondly i guess I am just stumped for years now people tell me that they feel either drunk or stoned when they spend more than a few hours with me, and it is increasingly becoming something I want an answer too. the only link i can think of is that when i feel spacey, which i do pretty much every day, it is something akin to feeling slightly stoned or a better way to put it is a slight feeling of seperation from my body and m mind that i do not feel that anything is real...

anyway, i have to get going, if you have any questions or ideas about what it might be, please go ahead and reply i'm dying to get some info on this,

Thanks in ADvance

PhaseFour

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhaseFour

You want advice, you'll get it here.

Do you know what an EMF meter is?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Do these situations typically occur when you are around people in a bar or at a party by any chance?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This sounds like Empathic Projection to me.. Maybe you have this ability, and you aren't aware that you are doing this to people near you?

I have never really studied this, but if it is really happening with you, you should probably learn more about it, and try to find a way to turn it off

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Step one crack a window air out your house.

step two stop hot boxing your friends.

But seriously, is this all the time, or is it location based, does it happen to everyone or are certain people immune?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is there a gas leak in the house? Or maybe the carbon monoxide detector battery is dead?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you suffer from a disorder that makes you feel somewhat "different" than normal, people around you are just picking up on that.

Just like when a person walks into a bar and can feel if many people are under the influence of something other than alcohol. It's like a free stone.

link   

How very odd!

Don't suppose you have a steady diet of baked-beans and cabbage? Perhaps it's a gas you are putting out? ie, anal? More likely could be your teeth/mouth? Perhaps you have a huge colony of bacteria in there?

When people are saying this, where are you? Is it in a certain room? Perhaps there is a gas leak in the area that people are saying this about you? Unless it occurs outside/inside equally? Do you believe in deodorant?

Don't suppose you ask them to 'sniff this rag' do ya?

(edit, whoa, so many replies so fast! )
edit on 4-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

link   

Just a stab in the dark, but maybe you are putting off some wicked strong pheromones. I can't remember where I read it but a few years back I read an article about someone experiencing something similar and pheromones was one of the theories presented on why they were causing a euphoric feeling in people who were around them a lot.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Youre probably just boring them to death. When you notice it happening, leave fast.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Seriously, you need to get a medical check-up. A spacey feeling could be thyroid, allergy or a million of other things.

Sometimes when a doctor can't find a cause they make up a personality disorder. Just because one doctor didn't find it doesn't mean another won't find a medical cause.

Maybe you have mold in your house and that causes your spacey feeling and your guests feelings? Start keeping a log of your feelings (your location, what you ate, ect). See if there is some correlation.

link   
no idea what an EMF meter is. sorry, can you explain.

To those of you who are taking this seriously,
No There is no connection between when this occurs, it has happened to people every time of year, inside, outside, sunny, raining, cold, warm etc etc. there is no environmental factor that seems to have a bearing,
It seems as if females are affected more frequently, but maybe that is because they are more willing to say something about it?
as to when it happens, it is completely random, I might go a whole month or two with nobody saying anything, and then there are other times where several people will mention something to me in the same day.
Typically I hear people say such things as "I feel really stoned when we hang out, it is weird" or "sometimes wen we hang out I feel drunk'
People usually get confused about it, I am curious, does anyone else have this effect on people, can this be explained in a normal situation with two average people?
I wonder If I hang around with a lot of cray people perhaps? but that does not seem to fit the bill as my friends are all different ethnicity, Social classess, wealth classess etc etc, there doesnt really seem to be any major links here.

link   
Op... One question and it's a very simple one. How long AFTER they have left you are they still feeling anything out of the ordinary?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

My spacey feeling has been with me for more than 10 years now, i have lived in several differnt places, even shared houses with people in that time. If anything the symptoms have only got worse, I do not think it is anything to do with the environment I live in, perhaps it has something to do with diet but i m not sure?
thanks for your input though, I will keep an eye on things like that

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

To those of you who are taking this seriously...

If you exhaust all the scientific advice and nothing fits hit me back... then I'll "get serious".

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

actually now i think about it, it seems to happen more often in situations where I am either alone with a person, or there are not to many people,
I have only ever had 3 people agree at the sme time that they feel a bit weird around me. maybe I dont hang out in a group often enough to judge, but i know for a fact that people usually mention something when we are alone.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure, I have never thought to ask people that.Imust sound stupid, but only recently i have noticed something odd about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I can provide you with the answers you need, but we'll need to spend some time together. Weekends are best for me. Do you show up in a drug test?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Imust sound stupid, but only recently i have noticed something odd about it.

Something "odd'? Don't hold back. This is the place to air it out. You would be surprised what oddities people bring.

Nothing is "stupid".

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhaseFour

To those of you who are taking this seriously,
No There is no connection between when this occurs, it has happened to people every time of year, inside, outside, sunny, raining, cold, warm etc etc. there is no environmental factor that seems to have a bearing,
It seems as if females are affected more frequently, but maybe that is because they are more willing to say something about it?
as to when it happens, it is completely random, I might go a whole month or two with nobody saying anything, and then there are other times where several people will mention something to me in the same day.
Typically I hear people say such things as "I feel really stoned when we hang out, it is weird" or "sometimes wen we hang out I feel drunk'
People usually get confused about it, I am curious, does anyone else have this effect on people, can this be explained in a normal situation with two average people?
I wonder If I hang around with a lot of cray people perhaps? but that does not seem to fit the bill as my friends are all different ethnicity, Social classess, wealth classess etc etc, there doesnt really seem to be any major links here.

That's interesting. If I can be brutally honest, my grandmother has severe Alzheimer's, and she is at the stage where she can't keep still and won't stop talking. Well, if I'm with her too long, I start feeling like I'm going crazy! I'm not the only one that has said that, and having 4 kids, I really do have a lot of patience. You kind of have to when one of your children has OCD. But you have a disassociative disorder?? I would like to hear more about that, maybe you are 'rubbing off' on the people around you??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join