It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it acceptable to live together when your not married?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
How? Because I am a human being and God made me one. He understands everything...EVERYTHING that being human means.

We are not the same as Him and He certainly doesn't expect us to be like Him. It wouldn't make sense for Him to expect us to be like Him. Anyone who tried or tries to be like Him, I think He would consider a false prophet....or perhaps having a God Complex??...or, just plain full of crap.....

That would be like a monkey pretending to be a lion. The monkey would still be a monkey.

Certainly God understands us, but that does not give use the license to sin. We still have to try to do the right thing and acknowledge, then change when we mess up. To screw up intentionally doesn't really demonstrate love for God, does it?

[edit on 14-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Gen. 1:26
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

www.biblegateway.com...

Thanks for speaking the same language. I agree he gave rule over the fish, birds and livestock however you're saying he'd given man dominion over woman, yes?

26 Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind*

So not just man in the sense of males, but humankind is to have dominion over these things listed here:

in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth,* and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.’

bible.oremus.org...

If you'd like to say man and woman were to have rule over the critters on planet Earth, I'm good with that since that's what it says here. Yet, it is not the point you'd brought up. We're discussing the relationship between a man and a woman, yes?

Eve was the second, his first dumped him when he tried to dominate her

Where does it say this?

In the original words of R. Jeshua, Our Father-Mother God. The God AND Goddess, Yahweh and Shekanah, Isis and Osiris.

God, R. Jeshua, Yahweh has made a clear distinction between Himself and these other names, therefore I cannot trust that YOU are any of these three.

I dont "like or dislike" it, I just donot believe arrived by fax from heaven. Nor does it have any more or less claim to being the unabriged
word of God

Okay, so you acknowledge you are not God as you've used third person here. Also, if you were God, you'd know whether or not it was a fax from heaven, not reliant upon belief. Noted. And, I've already answered this issue.

than do the Sagas, Vedas, or Grimms faery tales. But then I have also
read The Lost Gospels, The Lost books, The Apocrypha, The Gnostic texts, the English versions of The DSS and the Nag Hammadi Library. I am also aware of the true nature of the writings of Solomon and David.

Why would God, Christ, Yahweh, etc. have to read these when they have lived it? Congrats on being well read, but just like any diet you are what you eat.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Certainly God understands us, but that does not give use the license to sin. We still have to try to do the right thing and acknowledge, then change when we mess up. To screw up intentionally doesn't really demonstrate love for God, does it?

Who said we had a license to sin? Where did I say that Saint4? Show me PLEASE! To screw up what intentionally? What screw up are you talking about??

I already stated that part of living a good and proper life means a person needs to have character, integrity, morals....etc. I would think that someone that has those qualities would certainly try to do the right thing and learn from his or her mistakes. Learning from ones mistakes is part of life...it comes with the territory of being HUMAN!

Who is screwing up intentionally Saint4? Who are you talking about here? Are you talking about the young man who started this post? Is he screwing up intentionally by wanting to live with his girlfriend? Because.....he's not.

So what are you talking about?? Please enlighten me...thanks!!

Is an abused woman screwing up by wanting a divorce? Honestly...is she? I'm of course talking about in YOUR world...because in the REAL world any fool would realize that she would need to get a divorce from the bastard and press charges if necessary.........

So....are you talking about YOUR world or the REAL world? Thanks for your help!!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Where does it say this?

As I recall it is in The Jubilees.

God, R. Jeshua, Yahweh has made a clear distinction between Himself and these other names, therefore I cannot trust that YOU are any of these three.

As I recall it is in the gnostic writings that R Jeshua teaches "Our Father-Mother God who art in Heaven."
And No I would not want to be "God". I'd never get any sleep. Just think all those self
proclaimed christians out there praying all the time, Please God I really need that new 52" plasma TV, Please God I really need that new Bmr/Mercedes/Hummer.
Please God I really need ( Fill In Need du Jure).

Why would God, Christ, Yahweh, etc. have to read these when they have lived it? Congrats on being well read

They dont. but YOU might give it a try.

but just like any diet you are what you eat.

as to diet meat is good for the blood even if you are a vegetarian.

Yet, it is not the point you'd brought up. We're discussing the relationship between a man and a woman, yes?

You are right to a point, these verses only suggest the male over female. The different versions were to show how the various sects of
today reinterpret passages for their own ends. ( much the same as how Jeshuas 12th year has become 12 years old.)

It was Paul (with some help from his trusty sidekick Peter the thick)and his reinvention of The Jeshua Story that introduced the Male domination idea into the fledgling heresy that became the church of rome.
It was Paul that commanded no woman could preach,teach, or be in a position over a Man. as I recall w/o looking it up it runs
" as God is the head of Man and Man is the Head of Woman,..."

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Who said we had a license to sin? Where did I say that Saint4? Show me PLEASE!

Do me the favor of switching to decaf for just one cup.

To screw up what intentionally? What screw up are you talking about??

Currently, even though it is not the subject of the thread, we're talking about the sin of abuse and the sin of breaking the marriage contract to pursue selfish desires.

I already stated that part of living a good and proper life means a person needs to have character, integrity, morals....etc. I would think that someone that has those qualities would certainly try to do the right thing and learn from his or her mistakes.

Good, we're in agreement on this particular point.

Learning from ones mistakes is part of life...it comes with the territory of being HUMAN!

Yet not all of us do it for all mistakes. We have a tendency to cling to appetites and vices that can be harmful to ourselves and others.

Who is screwing up intentionally Saint4? Who are you talking about here? Are you talking about the young man who started this post? Is he screwing up intentionally by wanting to live with his girlfriend? Because.....he's not.

How in the world did you come up with that line of thinking? If you'd like to get back to the original topic, I'd welcome that as well. I'm wondering why you're asking me the same questions over and over again. I've already talked at length about it. Do you enjoy hearing me repeat myself or do you enjoy hearing yourself ask the same questions?

So what are you talking about?? Please enlighten me...thanks!!

Already addressed.

Is an abused woman screwing up by wanting a divorce? Honestly...is she? I'm of course talking about in YOUR world...because in the REAL world any fool would realize that she would need to get a divorce from the bastard and press charges if necessary.........

So....are you talking about YOUR world or the REAL world? Thanks for your help!!

I don't have a world.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

As I recall it is in The Jubilees.

"The Book of Jubilees was written in Hebrew by a Pharisee between the year of the accession of Hyrcanus to the high priesthood in 135 and his breach with the Pharisees some years before his death in 105 B.C."

wesley.nnu.edu...

I see...so you consider this work that came thousands of years after Moses that gives "a detailed account" before Moses to be a good eye-witness?

As I recall it is in the gnostic writings that R Jeshua teaches "Our Father-Mother God who art in Heaven."
And No I would not want to be "God". I'd never get any sleep.

True dat.

Just think all those self proclaimed christians out there praying all the time, Please God I really need that new 52" plasma TV, Please God I really need that new Bmr/Mercedes/Hummer.
Please God I really need ( Fill In Need du Jure).

Wow, you really DO miss the point of Christianity. Name for me one Christian who prays for these things.

They dont. but YOU might give it a try.

Sure, why not.

as to diet meat is good for the blood even if you are a vegetarian.

Mkay... lost me on that one. As I recall from vegetarian friends you can reduce your cholesterol, increase your health, and maintain proteins from sources like beans...but neither here nor there on the topic.

You are right to a point, these verses only suggest the male over female. The different versions were to show how the various sects of
today reinterpret passages for their own ends. ( much the same as how Jeshuas 12th year has become 12 years old.)

Nobody should be interpreting anything. We need only to read and comprehend. I'm still not seeing this whole woman is man's domain thing that he is to rule over her, iron fist, yadda yadda. In fact, there's a reinforcement of partnership and kind treatment to one another.

It was Paul (with some help from his trusty sidekick Peter the thick)and his reinvention of The Jeshua Story that introduced the Male domination idea into the fledgling heresy that became the church of rome.

Paul was actually quite liberating from a women's rights aspect. He said that it can be good to not marry. That doesn't mean much to a man. A man in that day would be like "so what?", pick up their tradeskill and live their life. It's a "no duh" moment for a male unless he felt an obligation to continue the family line. For a woman though, who was traditionally raised that their job is to be a wife and have babies, being told that this does not necessarily have to be your future as a woman that opens up a whole new hosts of possibilities should they wish to pursue them.

It was Paul that commanded no woman could preach,teach, or be in a position over a Man. as I recall w/o looking it up it runs
" as God is the head of Man and Man is the Head of Woman,..."

Let's take a look at this passage: "I do not permit a woman to teach..."

Who does not allow a woman to teach? Is Paul quoting the Lord here? Actually not. Think about it stalkingwolf, would any Christian allow their child to go to school if it were the word of God that a woman could not teach?

In many cases of the Epistles, Paul was asked to solve problems at the Church of Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia to which he wrote responses. I do not agree that all of his solutions that he was asked to provide were the best, but it appears necessary at the time. Allow me to give another example:

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you?"

There it is! It's in the Bible, all Galatians are foolish and under the control of witches... seriously stalkingwolf. Care to quote any more one-liners without context?

Ephesians 5:28
"In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

[edit on 15-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Leviticus are regulations and rules for the priest class, so quoting from that book is meaningless unless you are preparing to enter the priesthood.

So two people who love each other are prohibited from living together by whom exactly...? Paul..? his writings border on mysogeny and lunacy. Why does the BIble contain so little of Christs trachings, yet book after book of someone who never met nor talked with Christ..? something is definately wrong in the Bible.

So Much wrong with this world because we base beliefs on lies and falsehoods. What happened during 18 years unaccounted for in the bible..? the powers tha be needed to make room for what, the book of numbers? Or maybe Christ was living with mary Magdelene....wouldnt that be a hoot.
what a terrible world we create if we lived by laws at the expense of our hearts and true loves.

and stop using a Book to justify intrusion into anothers happiness and life. Christ never did, why should anyone pretending to follow in his footsteps do so....

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman
Leviticus are regulations and rules for the priest class, so quoting from that book is meaningless unless you are preparing to enter the priesthood.

Is it meaningless? Is a book on health useless to me since I'm not going to be a doctor? Shall I not read a math book because I'm not going to be a physicist?

So two people who love each other are prohibited from living together by whom exactly...? Paul..? his writings border on mysogeny and lunacy.

Compare what Christ says versus what Paul says. I think you'll find a very interesting mirroring effect.

Why does the BIble contain so little of Christs trachings, yet book after book of someone who never met nor talked with Christ..? something is definately wrong in the Bible.

On the contrary, there are 5 books that include Christ's quotes and 27 books on his teachings. Also, please tell me who converted Paul?

What specifically is wrong in the Bible?

So Much wrong with this world because we base beliefs on lies and falsehoods.

Agreed.

What happened during 18 years unaccounted for in the bible..?

What years were these?

the powers tha be needed to make room for what, the book of numbers? Or maybe Christ was living with mary Magdelene....wouldnt that be a hoot.

Please provide substantiation to support this whimsical thought.

what a terrible world we create if we lived by laws at the expense of our hearts and true loves.

Love was a central and core message of Christ. "Love your neighbors" and "love your enemies" as I recall them.

and stop using a Book to justify intrusion into anothers happiness and life. Christ never did, why should anyone pretending to follow in his footsteps do so....

So you're saying that he didn't walk into a temple and turn over the money changers tables?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Currently, even though it is not the subject of the thread, we're talking about the sin of abuse and the sin of breaking the marriage contract to pursue selfish desires.

The sin of breaking the marriage contract to pursue selfish desires? So, according to YOU, a woman who has been repeatedly abused by her husband over years and years is being selfish by wanting a divorce? WOW! That is some warped thinking. If you do have some people in your life that are being abused and THIS is the advice you are giving to them, you should be ashamed of yourself.

How is a victim of abuse selfish for wanting a divorce? HOW?? She should stay in the marriage until her husband kills her? Is that what YOUR BOOK teaches? It's disgusting.......You haven't a clue about reality. Put down the damn BOOK and learn a little common sense!

I'm wondering why you're asking me the same questions over and over again. I've already talked at length about it. Do you enjoy hearing me repeat myself or do you enjoy hearing yourself ask the same questions?

Why? Because you NEVER answer the questions....you dodge every single one!

[edit on 15-9-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The sin of breaking the marriage contract to pursue selfish desires? So, according to YOU, a woman who has been repeatedly abused by her husband over years and years is being selfish by wanting a divorce? WOW! That is some warped thinking. If you do have some people in your life that are being abused and THIS is the advice you are giving to them,

It was you who said that the woman has the right to be happy in her relationship (as having the right to divorce and marry again). Based upon that answer, that satisfies self and that desire. I don't think I've mis-spoken here.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry, I'm not. If my advice was my own or from an untrustworthy source, then perhaps I would be.

How is a victim of abuse selfish for wanting a divorce? HOW?? She should stay in the marriage until her husband kills her? Is that what YOUR BOOK teaches? It's disgusting.......You haven't a clue about reality. Put down the damn BOOK and learn a little common sense!

I've already answered these. Yet, you refuse to even acknowledge those responses.

Why? Because you NEVER answer the questions....you dodge every single one!

Here is the method of our dialogue:

1st - You ask a question
2nd - I answer the question
3rd - You make wild accusation not based on what I said
4th - I clarify
5th - You ask the question again
6th - I say I've answered it
7th - You claim I dodge the question
8th - I say I have not and ask for you to restate
(go to 1st and repeat)

Am I missing anything in the process?

[edit on 15-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Saint4God.....I said it before and I'll say it again: You lack a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience, which is part of the definition of a sociopath or psychopath.....remember when I compared you to Ted Bundy and you didn't understand?

You made a nice list of how I supposedly have conducted myself with my arguments with you...bravo...well done....but you are incorrect again. Here's some examples:

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
This is ridiculous. So Saint4, you believe that if a man beats and abuses a woman for years and cheats on her and does every nasty thing you can think of to her, she is not allowed to divorce that man because of this made up nonsense in the Bible?? Made up nonsense made up by men of course....to suit themselves and their own agendas....and allow them to abuse women.

This makes sense to you?? Or if you at least feel this woman has a freaking right to divorce this scum bag, you believe she should never be allowed to marry again? What did she do wrong? She is the victim....

answer: from Saint4God
If you bothered reading the Book, you'd already know the answer. There is right conduct for a man to follow in a marriage.

You did not answer my question...you said the answer is in your BOOK! and you said there is "right conduct" for a man......what does that mean and what IS the right conduct? You see.....no answer....just dodging the question.

Here's another example:

What if he doesn't follow that "right conduct?" How is he penalized? All of a sudden divorce becomes okay? Now you're talking double talk. Either it is allowed or it is not.....no inbetweens in the bible....that's the BOOK after all!

So again...according to YOUR book, what happens to a man that doesn't follow that proper conduct??

Then he is sinning. Penalities are also described in the Book in many, many places. Divorce does not suddenly become okay. I've already quoted and outlined what's said and certainly more is available for those interested in the complete details.

You tackled King James on your first go? Nice work, that's a tough translation. I went with New International Version since it does not have the "thee thou approacheth unto the most high" kind of language. Still, both say the same thing.

I asked how he is penalized...and you simply say "He is sinning" and penalties are described in YOUR book....again you give no answer except to say that the answer is in YOUR book. Then....you attempt to distract from the question altogether by talking about the fact that I read the Bible. This is called DODGING!

and again:

quote: from Excitable_Boy
I'm serious Saint4....what is the penalty?

I'm sure you know already since you've read the Book twice "For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

I ask the same question and you tell me you are sure I already know (instead of answering the question). THEN, you quote scripture which tells me what? That the guy is going to die for beating and abusing his wife? When is he going to die?

You see, I am looking for answers from YOU...not YOUR book....but you obviously can't think for yourself....and honestly, once again, you did not answer the question...you dodged it!!

And again:

quote: from Excitable_Boy
I'm serious Saint4...instead of dodging....I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thanks!!

Sure. I'll be as candid as possible, even though you ask questions to which you already know the answers.

I tell you I'd really like to hear what YOU have to say and you reply with "I'll be as candid as possible."....but YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION.....AGAIN!!

and lastly (because I am quite tired):

Saint4....I understand that in your belief....he will go to hell or whatever. He won't be "saved." But what I want to know is what is the penalty while he is still alive?

Eternal punishment is not enough, you want him beaten and tortured while he's still alive as well?

Again...no answer just a flip comment "Eternal punishment is not enough...blah blah blah".....NO Saint4 eternal damnation is a ridiculous answer. I asked what is his punishment while he is alive....and you repeatedly dodge the question. You said this has happened before in your family.....No offense, but I'm starting to think that you are an abusive male and that's why you refuse to answer the question....because then you would be saying what should happen to you. It appears that the abuse that has occurred in your family has perhaps come from you.....and you are hiding in your BOOK!!

This is why I said you have no sense of moral responsibility or social conscience and I compared you to Ted Bundy......

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Paul also warns ( speaking of those sent out from the Church @ Jerusalem, Those from the church
actually founded by the Rabbi and led by James and The Magdalene, In short those that actually knew
the Rabbi while he was around.) There will be those that come after me that preach a different Jesus.
and again

Let not the vain speeches of any trouble you, who pervert the truth,
that they may draw you aside from the truth that I teach.

all Galatians are foolish and under the control of witches.
They should have been so lucky. But as we dont control anyone .
this would qualify as more of pauls demented ramblings.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
As i said, leviticus is for the priest class. quoting Text from that book is nonsense....unless of course your wife is not allowed to enter her own house when on her period..? if you observe that rule, then you have every right to quote from leviticus. or you stone to death the farmer that plants soybeans next to corn crops??, or you stone to death the high school football team for touching the skin of a dead pig..?? Otherwise stop the hypocrisy, nobody is buying any longer.

There are 18 years missing from the life of Christ, from 12 to 30. If you have not noticed this then what else are you missing from the Bible..? And what is so disturbing that those years were eliminated..we are left with ramblings from Paul, yet the Life of Christ, which is far more of importance was left out....whatever christ did during those years certainly scared someone.

It surprises me how many people never figure out the Bible did not exist during the life of Christ, is fact did not exist until hundreds of years later. It was put together by Roman emperors, the ruling religious leaders, and powerfull members of Rome in an effort to save the splintering Roman Empire. It didnt work. But it did leave the world the Bible, which survived and was translated and edited over and over again until we have the present day jigsaw puzzle.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And a few more

1Corinthians 14:34-35

34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1Timothy 2:11-15

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.( keep them barefoot and pregnant)

1Peter 3:5-7
5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel

another aside, as I recall the books once attributed to Moses are now known to be
written by at least three different people several years apart. of the 8 as i recall
books attributed to the Hyksos leader Moses only 3 remain that are possibly his.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine

No, the Holy Bible does not forbid two people from living together. It does forbid fornication. So the short answer is this. If you live with her but do not have sexual relations you?re fine. If you do, you?re not.

Having said that, I would never recommend that two people in a romantic relationship live together. There?s just too much temptation involved.

I agree 2 people who live together, will face constant and increasing temptation to have sex if they haven't already. This would be against what God says. Marriage should come first.

Also, especially for christians, another verse applies. 1 Thessalonians 5:22, Abstain from all appearance of evil. People are always watching other people. If 2 christians live together but for real do not have a sexual relationship, they are still not in God's will. For their christian witness will be damaged, because no one seeing 2 people live together day by day, as boyfriend and girlfriend, walking into the same house will not believe they are not having a sexual relationship.

Galatians 6:[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

This applies to christians and non christians, in other words everyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I agree 2 people who live together, will face constant and increasing temptation to have sex if they haven't already. This would be against what God says. Marriage should come first.

Not everyone cares what god thinks. And I can put a wager on that many many christians dont really care whether god wants marriage first. We as animals have the instinct for procreation and marriage doesnt really figure in the continued existance of the human race.

Also, especially for christians, another verse applies. 1 Thessalonians 5:22, Abstain from all appearance of evil. People are always watching other people. If 2 christians live together but for real do not have a sexual relationship, they are still not in God's will. For their christian witness will be damaged, because no one seeing 2 people live together day by day, as boyfriend and girlfriend, walking into the same house will not believe they are not having a sexual relationship.

Oh this is 'ESPECIALLY for christians' , your just by telling us that sex before marriage is wrong so the assumption that 2 non-married atheists or muslims etc are having sex is OK because their not christian?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Not everyone cares what god thinks. And I can put a wager on that many many christians dont really care whether god wants marriage first. We as animals have the instinct for procreation and marriage doesnt really figure in the continued existance of the human race.

Oh this is 'ESPECIALLY for christians' , your just by telling us that sex before marriage is wrong so the assumption that 2 non-married atheists or muslims etc are having sex is OK because their not christian?

I agree not everyone cares what God thinks. I also agree that some "christians" don't take it serious either. If that's the case with someone who is a christian then that leads to another discussion, being whether they actually are a christian.
Mankind is not an animal, we have a spirit which puts us into a different category.

When I said especially it means the following. You said yourself that not everyone cares what God thinks. So that follows that not everyone cares what the Bible says. But if someone proclaims to be a christian, then it would follow that they would care what God thinks, and what the Bible says. So they need to take it serious and do God's will and not their own. And of course 2 non christians having sex outside of marriage is not OK for them either. God sees all, even what we think is hidden.

I'll throw this in as I was thinking on this the other day. In the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25 only 5 went with Christ when He came. 10 thought they were saved but only 5 were at that point in Christ's return. 5 were left behind. So 50% of those that thought they were saved were in reality not saved.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 17-9-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Mankind is not an animal, we have a spirit which puts us into a different category.

I really have to disagree, so your saying that humans do NOT display the animal instinct and sexual urges that other animals do? Your saying that you dont get 'horny' because we're a spiritual entity?

I'll throw this in as I was thinking on this the other day. In the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25 only 5 went with Christ when He came. 10 thought they were saved but only 5 were at that point in Christ's return. 5 were left behind. So 50% of those that thought they were saved were in reality not saved.

So what that means is that even though you expect to be saved you might not be????. What if YOU come under the second category and have no chance of being saved even though you surely expect to??? What if I get saved even though I DONT expect to be/ dont believe??? How would you know who gets saved???

G

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

I really have to disagree, so your saying that humans do NOT display the animal instinct and sexual urges that other animals do?

So what that means is that even though you expect to be saved you might not be????. What if YOU come under the second category and have no chance of being saved even though you surely expect to??? What if I get saved even though I DONT expect to be/ dont believe??? How would you know who gets saved???

G

No mankind is not an animal, we can act like an animal. Evolution says we are but evolution is not true. Animals don't have self control. Through Christ we can have self control.

What I mean is there are some people who know about God but have never received Christ as Savior. I mean Christ alone as the only means of salvation. I know I'm saved for I base this on nothing but the fact that Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for my sins, then He rose again that I can too. I didn't say the 2nd category would not be saved. During the tribulation period millions perhaps bilions will be saved because they accept the death of Christ in exchange for the penalty of their sins.

What if you get saved even though you don't expect too? Than hallelujah you will live with God forever and be more and do more and experience more than you can ever imagine.

God knows who has truly received Christ. He cannot be fooled. No one will be in eternity that shouldn't and no one will be forgotten who should.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

God knows who has truly received Christ. He cannot be fooled. No one will be in eternity that shouldn't and no one will be forgotten who should.

EVERYONE will be in eternity. God doesn't play favorites, humans do. God created us all and loves us all. Born Again Christians DO NOT have some privilege over eternity....God doesn't work that way. Jesus was a mortal prophet. There is only one God and again, He made us all and loves us all. He understands that we all come from different places and have various beliefs with regard to who He is and what the afterlife is. That is okay with God.....He understands us because He made us!!

If anything, all the people on this planet that read the Bible which God did not write and had nothing to do with being written (it was written by men for men) and use it as a textbook on how to live their lives......all these people probably seem a little silly to God. But again, He loves us all....even the silly ones!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join