It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it acceptable to live together when your not married?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Spiritually, Hitler considered himself a Christian, so you and he have something in common.

It doesn't matter what we consider ourselves. It matters who we are. Show me where Hitler followed this statement by Christ: "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

Again...we all get to Heaven or Nirvana or whatever you want to call it when we are ready and it certainly would take longer for some than for others.

Say hi to Hitler for me. *waves* Oh, and if that's your version of justice, you've no grounds to complain to me about an abused husband not receiving a firm enough punishment.

Stop trying to put words into my mouth. It's getting really old!

Since when do asking questions "put words into your mouth"?

[edit on 23-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dup post

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Show me where Hitler followed this statement by Christ: "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

Really? Is this what is taught in the NT? Because it appears after reading the whole thing several times, that what is taught is to love thy neighbor if they neighbor is also a Christian. Hate everyone that is not a Christian, including Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. etc. etc......

Love your enemies? The Bible teaches Christians to hate non-Christians. The Bible is probably the first book that taught segregation and racism (or religionism whatever the right word is here). I've already said this. Genocides were committed against whole peoples based on what some leaders read in the Bible...so what are you talking about?

As I said before, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc...are much closer to God than any Christian will ever be.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Show me where Hitler followed this statement by Christ: "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

Really? Is this what is taught in the NT? Because it appears after reading the whole thing several times, that what is taught is to love thy neighbor if they neighbor is also a Christian. Hate everyone that is not a Christian, including Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. etc. etc......

Love your enemies? The Bible teaches Christians to hate non-Christians. The Bible is probably the first book that taught segregation and racism (or religionism whatever the right word is here). I've already said this. Genocides were committed against whole peoples based on what some leaders read in the Bible...so what are you talking about?

As I said before, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc...are much closer to God than any Christian will ever be.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - Matthew 5:43-48

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect

No human being has the ability to be perfect as God is perfect. This is the most ridiculous scripture you have ever posted. If we were as perfect as God, we would be gods...this is why there are so many false prophets roaming around. They think they are as perfect as God and, therefore, god-like or false prophets.

Do you honestly believe any human being has the ability to be as perfect as God?

edit to add (because I think you missed it the first time):

quote: provided by Saint4God
"For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." - Jude 1:4

answer: from me
You know what this is an example of? PROPAGANDA! This is an attempt by men to control people. This is an attempt to tell the world that GOD says to follow Jesus and if you don't you are a godless heathen that will be condemned or are already condemned. This was all planned out nicely by the original "Christians" to take control of the people away from Jews, Muslims and any other group that stood in their way.

Jesus was MADE into the Messiah by the people that wanted to start a new religion and control the masses....the Bible, specifically the New Testament was/is their textbook. The textbook of men to control other men. This is not a God thing! Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and others are closer to God than any of you Christians will ever be! You all are so far from God, you call the supposed son of God, God. That took a lot of brainwashing but damn if it didn't brainwash a hell of a lot of the masses who carried it through generations to this thing called Christianity. What is it? It's an abomination.......

"certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you"

What is that? This means hate everyone that is not a Christian. This means don't trust people that aren't Christian. Yet, the OT teaches "Thou shalt not hate" doesn't it? Yet....the Bible teaches segregation and racism (or religionism...not sure what the right word here is)? Where do you think the people of the Earth got those wonderful ideas? From your BOOK. The Bible. The first book that taught one to hate one's neighbor if they weren't of the same religion? NOT A GOD THING!!

"They are godless men"

Really? According to who? Are they Godless or Jesusless? Sounds like the Christians are the Godless ones to me. They seem to have lost sight of God.

I don't see where Christianity teaches love thy neighbor at all. It teaches, again, love they neighbor if thy neighbor is also a Christian. Your BOOK is a textbook for Christians to go out and kill non-Christians...at least it was in the dark ages and middle-ages. And Christians still hate anyone that is not Christian and feel the need to convert them so that they then become acceptable human beings.

This is love thy neighbor? Get a clue!! :shk:

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

No human being has the ability to be perfect as God is perfect. This is the most ridiculous scripture you have ever posted. If we were as perfect as God, we would be gods...this is why there are so many false prophets roaming around. They think they are as perfect as God and, therefore, god-like or false prophets.

Do you honestly believe any human being has the ability to be as perfect as God?

So you do see the need for Christ dying on the cross? Otherwise without him we fall short of that perfect mark because of our mistakes/sins. He paid for them, we only need to accept Him doing so.

You're changing the subject (again) by the way. You haven't established how Hitler followed Christ's words here, nor acknowledge that this was in the Bible that you've read "several times".

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't see where Christianity teaches love thy neighbor at all.

Leviticus 19:18
"...but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Zechariah 8:17
"do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this," declares the LORD."

Matthew 19:19
"Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Matthew 22:39
"And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Mark 12:31
"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Mark 12:33
"To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

Luke 10:27
"He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Romans 13:9
"The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Romans 13:10
"Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So you do see the need for Christ dying on the cross? Otherwise without him we fall short of that perfect mark because of our mistakes/sins. He paid for them, we only need to accept Him doing so.

So NO I don't see the need for Christ dying on the cross. The need? Why was it NEEDED? We don't fall short of perfection without Christ....we fall short of perfection because WE ARE HUMAN! Jesus didn't pay for anything. All Jesus did was get turned into a martyr by mortal men to create a new religion to control the masses and wage war on every other religion on the planet.

edit to add:

Mark 16:16 He that shall believe, and shall be baptized, or christened, shall be saved; soothly he that shall not believe, shall be damned.

Here is an example of what I am talking about Saint4God. This passage says either believe Jesus is the son of God or you will be damned. This is love thy neighbor as thyself? NO...it's love thy neighbor if thy neighbor is a Christian. Non-Christians are going to be damned...so all the Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans, etc....are all damned. But God loves them?

God loves us all, so none of us are going to be damned! It's passages like Mark 16:16 that sent men off to kill non-Christians or convert them. If they wouldn't convert, then they got killed. Love thy neighbor? WHAT A JOKE!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't see where Christianity teaches love thy neighbor at all. It teaches, again, love they neighbor if thy neighbor is also a Christian. Your BOOK is a textbook for Christians to go out and kill non-Christians...at least it was in the dark ages and middle-ages. And Christians still hate anyone that is not Christian and feel the need to convert them so that they then become acceptable human beings.

This is love thy neighbor? Get a clue!! :shk:

You are getting Christanity mixed up with religion. Christ DID teach peace and love. MAN took that and perverted it by turning it into a self-serving religion.

Now, on topic. I didn't live with my first wife, what a nightmare. Lived with the second for a year before we married and 17 years later, all is pretty much well.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Now, on topic. I didn't live with my first wife, what a nightmare. Lived with the second for a year before we married and 17 years later, all is pretty much well.

Excellent for you. My second wife I lived with for about a year before we were married. I lived with my first wife before marriage under the same roof, but it was her mother's roof and we slept in separate rooms. That marriage was a nightmare. My current marriage is a blessing!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So NO I don't see the need for Christ dying on the cross. The need? Why was it NEEDED?

Because of our sins (since you not a fan of the word "mistakes") we cannot save ourselves. The debt we accrue over a lifetime is too high for any of us to pay, except for one who was sinless who could take all those sins upon himself.

We don't fall short of perfection without Christ

We fall short of perfection without Christ.

....we fall short of perfection because WE ARE HUMAN!

We fall short of perfection because of our choices and nature to be and do the wrong things. Arguably one in the same here as what you're saying.

Jesus didn't pay for anything. All Jesus did was get turned into a martyr by mortal men to create a new religion to control the masses and wage war on every other religion on the planet.

If religion is able to "control the masses" then why is there war?

Mark 16:16 He that shall believe, and shall be baptized, or christened, shall be saved; soothly he that shall not believe, shall be damned.

Here is an example of what I am talking about Saint4God. This passage says either believe Jesus is the son of God or you will be damned.

Yeah.

This is love thy neighbor as thyself? NO...it's love thy neighbor if thy neighbor is a Christian.

I don't see the connection or how you got the "if thy neighbor is a Christian" thing, that's not written in Mark or any other gospel. Rather, that's the opposite of what I'd quoted from Matthew.

Non-Christians are going to be damned...so all the Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans, etc....are all damned. But God loves them?

They'll be held to judgement *points to Revelation 20:11-15*. It doesn't look like that's going to go very well though. That's what being "saved" means. It's going to be a rough day in court otherwise.

God loves us all,

Really? My book says:

"I have loved you," says the LORD.
"But you ask, 'How have you loved us?'
"Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals." - Malachi 1:2-3

and

"Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all!" - Romans 9:13-14

It's pretty apparent in the Bible that God doesn't love us all.

so none of us are going to be damned!

Sorry, God is not "the big teddy bear in the sky." The Old Testament can speak to that best.

It's passages like Mark 16:16 that sent men off to kill non-Christians or convert them.

No it isn't.

If they wouldn't convert, then they got killed. Love thy neighbor? WHAT A JOKE!!

"Love your neighbor" and "love your enemy" is what is written (unlike the claims you've made here) as Christ said them, and as a follower of Christ would follow. My recommendation is to read the Book again if it was missed after you've read it "several times" before.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
So NO I don't see the need for Christ dying on the cross. The need? Why was it NEEDED?

answer: from Saint4God
Because of our sins (since you not a fan of the word "mistakes") we cannot save ourselves. The debt we accrue over a lifetime is too high for any of us to pay, except for one who was sinless who could take all those sins upon himself.

What do we need saving from? From our human-ness? God made us human. Why would we have to be saved from being human? You make absolutely no sense whatsoever!! I don't accrue any debt with God in my lifetime. I owe God nothing. He gave me my life. He asked and wants nothing in return except for me to enjoy it to the best of my ability!

Maybe you Christians should take your sins upon YOURSELVES and do something about them...instead of putting them on Jesus and saying, "It doesn't matter what sins I have done in my life because they are with Jesus now. He has saved me from my sins. Even though I have raped and killed people....that's okay with Jesus because he is such a swell guy he takes on all my sins and makes me so awesome that I will be saved an go to heaven!" What a complete farse!!

Jesus didn't pay for anything. All Jesus did was get turned into a martyr by mortal men to create a new religion to control the masses and wage war on every other religion on the planet.

answer: from Saint 4God
If religion is able to "control the masses" then why is there war?

Why is there war? That's a topic for another thread isn't it? There is war for many reasons however....the biggest being that the people that really control the world make trillions of dollars off of war. The second reason is because groups hate other groups...especially religious groups: Christians hate everyone else, Jews hate Muslims and vise versa, Catholics hate Protestants...etc.....there is war because the world is full of 1. Greed and 2. Hate......and the hate part of it is taught to people in the NT. If they aren't Christian, don't trust them because they are scum and they are damned to hell...this is according to your NT!! LMAO!!

This is love thy neighbor as thyself? NO...it's love thy neighbor if thy neighbor is a Christian.

I don't see the connection or how you got the "if thy neighbor is a Christian" thing, that's not written in Mark or any other gospel. Rather, that's the opposite of what I'd quoted from Matthew.

I used my own passage from Matthew....and you don't see it because you don't want to see it. Why? Because you are a hypnotised zombie to the Christian Cult! You are one of many sheeple involved in said cult!

That's what being "saved" means. It's going to be a rough day in court otherwise.

Why would it be a "rough day in court" for ANYONE if God loves everyone?

Really? My book says:

I don't care what your BOOK says. Put it down and start living in the real world.

Sorry, God is not "the big teddy bear in the sky." The Old Testament can speak to that best.

The good old OT. Yeah.....God was a real lover of all in the OT wasn't He? He taught men to commit genocide against whole groups of people in that book. The OT is garbage. No loving God would be involved in genocide. If God is so loving in YOUR mind, then what made Him want whole races of peoples destroyed? What happened to "Love thy neighbor??" In the OT it's "Kill thy neighbor" more often than not.......

My recommendation is to read the Book again if it was missed after you've read it "several times" before.

My recommendation to you is to start thinking with your own mind. I have read the Bible several times and gotten what I have gotten out of it. Re-reading it over and over again isn't going to change me or my faith...so get off that track.

Right now I'm reading a book about Tibetan Buddhism written by the Dalai Lama. You might want to try reading some of the other books that exist in the world besides the Bible. There is a whole world out there Saint4 and you're missing it....

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Christianity has a problem with living together and for practical purposes I do too. But as many have said here it makes sense to do it as a trial run towards marriage. That is practical and even sensible and if the two marry then what moral indignity was caused?

I find more problems with long-term relationships that do not evolve into marriage.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What do we need saving from? From our human-ness? God made us human.

God made us with the ability to choose. We not only made a wrong choice, we continue to make wrong choices.

Why would we have to be saved from being human? You make absolutely no sense whatsoever!! I don't accrue any debt with God in my lifetime. I owe God nothing. He gave me my life. He asked and wants nothing in return except for me to enjoy it to the best of my ability!

Maybe you Christians

Ah, here come the "you Christians" thing again.

should take your sins upon YOURSELVES and do something about them...instead of putting them on Jesus and saying, "It doesn't matter what sins I have done in my life because they are with Jesus now. He has saved me from my sins. Even though I have raped and killed people....that's okay with Jesus because he is such a swell guy he takes on all my sins and makes me so awesome that I will be saved an go to heaven!" What a complete farse!!

We've already talked about the difference between confession and repentance. Would you like me to review it again? If you believe it would help, I'd be glad to do so.

Why is there war? That's a topic for another thread isn't it?

There isn't much you've brought up that is thread-related, but I'm going along with it anyway. I'm done trying to get this thing back on track, will rely upon others to do so and support them.

There is war for many reasons however....the biggest being that the people that really control the world make trillions of dollars off of war.

BINGO! Money, power, status, greed, land, resources, and control. None of these are the pursuits of one who loves God.

The second reason is because groups hate other groups...especially religious groups:

Nono, religion is the cover-up. There's a difference between true motivation and what is being told.

Christians hate everyone else,

Christians are to hate no-one. "Love your neighbor" and "love your enemy" which equals everyone.

Jews hate Muslims and vise versa,

Not my issue.

Catholics hate Protestants...etc

Don't know why if they'd read their Book.

.....there is war because the world is full of 1. Greed and 2. Hate......

Neither of which are part of following Christ, rather are rejected.

and the hate part of it is taught to people in the NT.

Where?

If they aren't Christian, don't trust them because they are scum and they are damned to hell...this is according to your NT!! LMAO!!

Please show me where in the Bible a Christian is not to trust someone who is not a Christian and to consider them "scum".

I used my own passage from Matthew....and you don't see it because you don't want to see it.

Hehe, no.

Why? Because you are a hypnotised zombie to the Christian Cult! You are one of many sheeple involved in said cult!

You're too much Excitable Boy. May judgement not fall upon you as you fell it upon others.

Why would it be a "rough day in court" for ANYONE if God loves everyone?

I've demonstrated that he does not.

I don't care what your BOOK says. Put it down and start living in the real world.

I am in the real world...unless you're a figment of my imagination as well as everyone else reading this.

The good old OT. Yeah.....God was a real lover of all in the OT wasn't He? He taught men to commit genocide against whole groups of people in that book. The OT is garbage. No loving God would be involved in genocide. If God is so loving in YOUR mind, then what made Him want whole races of peoples destroyed?

It is explained there...but of course you already know as you have read the Bible "several times".

What happened to "Love thy neighbor??" In the OT it's "Kill thy neighbor" more often than not.......

I think one really has to take a critical look as to what God said and why.

My recommendation to you is to start thinking with your own mind.

Thank you for the feedback and practice it regularly.

I have read the Bible several times and gotten what I have gotten out of it. Re-reading it over and over again isn't going to change me or my faith...so get off that track.

I'm not trying to change your faith, I'm trying to get your misinformation about the Book says turned into what is in fact said in it.

Right now I'm reading a book about Tibetan Buddhism written by the Dalai Lama. You might want to try reading some of the other books that exist in the world besides the Bible. There is a whole world out there Saint4 and you're missing it....

You mean like the Bhagavad Gita, The Great Elk Speaks, the Qu'ran, Tao Te Ching, and the Sacred and the Profane? I've read 'em, thanks. Read a text on Buddhism too, but can't recall the title off-hand. You've missed the mark again friend, but keep trying.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Christianity has a problem with living together and for practical purposes I do too. But as many have said here it makes sense to do it as a trial run towards marriage. That is practical and even sensible and if the two marry then what moral indignity was caused?

I find more problems with long-term relationships that do not evolve into marriage.

Would you be willing to discuss in more detail what problems arise from long-term relationships that do not turn into marriage?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What do we need saving from? From our human-ness? God made us human.

answer: Saint4God
God made us with the ability to choose. We not only made a wrong choice, we continue to make wrong choices.

What wrong choice? Are you talking about the made up story of Adam & Eve? Making wrong choices is part of being human and God knows this and accepts this!

Christians are to hate no-one. "Love your neighbor" and "love your enemy" which equals everyone.

Then why so much genocide by Christians? So many "holy" wars? Why do you feel only you Christians will be saved? If everyone is loved, then everyone will be "saved." No?? You can't have it both ways.

Example from a typical BAC: "Well...yes, God loves everyone, but He loves us Christians more, so we get to go to heaven and the rest of you heathens are condemned to hell. Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah."

This is basically what you are saying.....

Where?

EVERYWHERE. You and I both quoted passages from Matthew that say all Christians will be saved and everyone else is condemned to hell. Where is the love in that? What I read is "All Christians are loved and everyone else is hated and will be damned." And by writing stuff like this and by people reading it, it has caused Christians to hate other groups like Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, etc.....

Whether that was the intention or not (and it was)...it is the way it is. The NT was and is the textbook for the Christian take over. Example: Some wonderful Christians came to America hundreds of years ago to "tame the savages and convert them to Christianity." They killed anyone that wouldn't convert. Where is the "love thy neighbor" there Saint4? WHERE??

You're too much Excitable Boy. May judgement not fall upon you as you fell it upon others.

LMAO....you're even trying to talk like a god. False prophets are bad, no?

The good old OT. Yeah.....God was a real lover of all in the OT wasn't He? He taught men to commit genocide against whole groups of people in that book. The OT is garbage. No loving God would be involved in genocide. If God is so loving in YOUR mind, then what made Him want whole races of peoples destroyed?

It is explained there...but of course you already know as you have read the Bible "several times".

Oh come on...don't cop out. Explain it to all of us. Explain why God feels that genocide is good. Don't forget, Hitler was a Christian and he just LOVED genocide because the Bible taught him all about it!

Come on.....why is genocide good for God? Please...for those who haven't read up on it....answer the question!!

What happened to "Love thy neighbor??" In the OT it's "Kill thy neighbor" more often than not.......

answer: From Saint4God
I think one really has to take a critical look as to what God said and why.

Another cop out......

I have read the Bible several times and gotten what I have gotten out of it. Re-reading it over and over again isn't going to change me or my faith...so get off that track.

answer: from saint4God
I'm not trying to change your faith, I'm trying to get your misinformation about the Book says turned into what is in fact said in it.

Nothing you ever say holds any water. You are questioned on what the Bible says and you choose not to answer. I say, "Why does God do this..." and you say "That's what is said in the Bible" and I say "Why does it say that in the Bible" and you say "Because that's what it says." You never have a thought of your own and never answer a question that goes against your way of thought. You are basically a straw man...you have no substance whatsoever!

I'm bored with you AGAIN!

BYE BYE

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What wrong choice? Are you talking about the made up story of Adam & Eve? Making wrong choices is part of being human and God knows this and accepts this!

God accepts murder, theivery, etc?

Then why so much genocide by Christians? So many "holy" wars? Why do you feel only you Christians will be saved? If everyone is loved, then everyone will be "saved." No?? You can't have it both ways.

As I've illustrated, everyone is not loved. Sorry.

Example from a typical BAC: "Well...yes, God loves everyone, but He loves us Christians more, so we get to go to heaven and the rest of you heathens are condemned to hell. Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah."

I'm not concerned with what others say. In this conversation I'm concerned about what God says, what you're saying and what I'm saying.

Where?

EVERYWHERE.

Then why can't you quote it?

You and I both quoted passages from Matthew that say all Christians will be saved and everyone else is condemned to hell. Where is the love in that? What I read is "All Christians are loved and everyone else is hated and will be damned." And by writing stuff like this and by people reading it, it has caused Christians to hate other groups like Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, etc.....

But that's not what is written.

Whether that was the intention or not (and it was)...it is the way it is. The NT was and is the textbook for the Christian take over.

What "battle tactic" is given in the Bible for a "Christian take over"?

Example: Some wonderful Christians came to America hundreds of years ago to "tame the savages and convert them to Christianity." They killed anyone that wouldn't convert. Where is the "love thy neighbor" there Saint4? WHERE??

First show me who these "wonderful Christians" are, then I will show you where the love is.

LMAO....you're even trying to talk like a god. False prophets are bad, no?

Indeed they are, I'm glad I'm not one of them. If you don't want a request for blessing, you don't have to take it.

Oh come on...don't cop out. Explain it to all of us. Explain why God feels that genocide is good.

God explains about the invaders in the land He had given to the Israelites and how they perverted His teachings.

Don't forget, Hitler was a Christian

Prove it.

and he just LOVED genocide because the Bible taught him all about it!

That's what "love your enemies" means, right? Seriously Excitable...

Come on.....why is genocide good for God? Please...for those who haven't read up on it....answer the question!!

You've read up on it "several times" allegedly, you explain it. I have, now it's your turn.

What is the 5th commandment?

Another cop out......

Asking someone to read the Book is a cop out? Yet you've accused me of reading only one book? Now that's a cop out.

Nothing you ever say holds any water.

Then why ask me questions? Why make statements?

You are questioned on what the Bible says and you choose not to answer. I say, "Why does God do this..." and you say "That's what is said in the Bible" and I say "Why does it say that in the Bible" and you say "Because that's what it says."

I don't know who you've had this conversation with, but it wasn't me.

You never have a thought of your own and never answer a question that goes against your way of thought. You are basically a straw man...you have no substance whatsoever!

How judgemental of you.

I'm bored with you AGAIN!

BYE BYE

*waves*

[edit on 26-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I just have to comment on this one sentence:

As I've illustrated, everyone is not loved. Sorry.

Everyone is not loved? Then what does "Love thy neighbor" mean? That would mean love everyone wouldn't it? So again, you can't have it both ways Saint4...is it "love thy neighbor" or "love thy neighbor only if thy neighbor is a Christian?"

Honestly...which is it? In one breath you say "Love thy neighbor" and the next you say "not everyone is loved." How can you contradict yourself so openly and not even realize it??

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Everyone is not loved?

As quoted, God said "Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated."

Then what does "Love thy neighbor" mean?

This instruction given to us is that we are to love our neighbor and enemy.

That would mean love everyone wouldn't it?

Ya

So again, you can't have it both ways Saint4...is it "love thy neighbor" or "love thy neighbor only if thy neighbor is a Christian?"

I don't know why you keep throwing that "only if thy neighbor is a Christian". First, that's not in the Bible. Second, Christ addressed specificially that we've accomplished nothing loving only our brothers/sisters. Third, how can you see another person's heart to see if they are a believer or just putting on a show?

Honestly...which is it? In one breath you say "Love thy neighbor"

That is what WE are to do. Our orders, our instructions.

Originally posted by Excitable_Boyand the next you say "not everyone is loved."

This should be obvious.

How can you contradict yourself so openly and not even realize it??

I haven't contradicted myself.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Then what does "Love thy neighbor" mean?

This instruction given to us is that we are to love our neighbor and enemy.

The commandment reads: "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

It says NOTHING about enemies. NOTHING. Where is the enemy in that commandment? Where?

And who are the enemies Saint4? Non Christians? Are they the "enemies?"

Love thy neighbor doesn't mean to literally love the person living next door but hate everyone in the next town. LOVE THY NEIGHBOR means love everyone...because in the eyes of God we are all neighbors. We are all human and all inhabit the same planet and we are to love EVERYONE!

So who are the enemies? And why do you so openly contradict yourself? You say God wants us to be like Him. And God says "love thy neighbor" but then you say God loves some and hates others. So...are we to hate people too? Who are we supposed to hate? Peoples of different races? different religions? different sexual orientations, etc.....what? Who are we supposed to hate? In the eyes of God who does He want us to hate? HE WANTS US TO HATE NO ONE!!

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF! If you hate, then you must hate yourself!

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join