It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feb 15th i,ll be watching

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
its close and they say it has no chance of hitting and i,m not saying it has but when its this close then really will they tell us the truth?surely telling people in advance that an asteroid will hit is not or will ever be on the agenda.www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
its close and they say it has no chance of hitting and i,m not saying it has but when its this close then really will they tell us the truth?surely telling people in advance that an asteroid will hit is not or will ever be on the agenda.www.nasa.gov...

And then after the date passes, what's next?

What Month, day, reason?

Give it up already. These false prophecies and/or predictions are always proven to be false but then...another pops up.

Whatever happens will happen and it won't be with a bang but a whisper. You want end of civilization prophecies? Look to real World events and stop watching the sky.

Peace

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

What Month, day, reason?

Give it up already. These false prophecies and/or predictions are always proven to be false but then...another pops up.

Whatever happens will happen and it won't be with a bang but a whisper. You want end of civilization prophecies? Look to real World events and stop watching the sky.

Peace

Its not really a prophecy now is it?

Its a real world event... He is suggesting that it could be closer and Nasa would not tell us, so it hits the conspiracy angle.

No more or less possible than say WW3 kicking off because of a situation going down in NK or Syria...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There are already a couple of threads on this comet and I am not sure if these questions have been answered.

Why is there no mention of the moon? I would just like to know where they will be in relation to each other. I notice its not on those diagrams you linked to either.

Even though NASA is so brilliant and all, why should we believe them wholeheartedly when this thing was just discovered one year ago?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This isn't a doom and gloom thread, he was merely posting that it is passing close and to keep an eye out because it may hit for all we know! It's not a prophecy or prediction, he was just making a comment on the fact.

I will keep my eyes peeled on it just for the sake of it being better than watching what is going on on this planet!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
But surely nasa wouldn't be the only group of people on earth able to see and track this object?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I didn't see the op mention anything about a world ending prophecy, I think you are getting a little paranoid.

If it were to hit it would equal to the Tunguska event, up to 1200 mile radius devastation.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
reply to post by jude11

This isn't a doom and gloom thread, he was merely posting that it is passing close and to keep an eye out because it may hit for all we know! It's not a prophecy or prediction, he was just making a comment on the fact.

I will keep my eyes peeled on it just for the sake of it being better than watching what is going on on this planet!

It's number 1001 in a thousand fear mongering threads.

That's it

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

What Month, day, reason?

Peace
eh i never said it would be true.....as u say what will happen will happen but all i pointed out was this is close and the fact its that close it could be an impact......if u ask me i don,t see them saying in advance its going to happen.... not going to tell millions of people if say it hit london direct that they are all going to be wiped out are they?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
reply to post by jude11

That's it

And yet you keep wasting your time trying to derail them. Insanity much?

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And you're number 1002 in a thousand watered down responses.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is that the rock I ordered for the wife for valentines day? It got backordered and won't be here till the fifteenth.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yea, its not like Nasa hasn't been accused of keeping things from the public or anything.

Even if its not hitting us (which it probably wont) Its still kinda of cool, To put it to scale its like getting shot at and only being missed by mere inches.

Besides if there wasn't fear mongering threads (not saying this one is) Ats would be nothing but crickets and tumbleweeds...
edit on 4-2-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Asteroids have hit the Earth millions of times in the past. They will do so millions more times before the Sun incinerates the planet in 5 billion years from now.

Do you not think it possible for asteroids to hit the Earth anymore, thus it should not be discussed and discourse on such things should immediately be labelled as the fantasies of madmen who wish the world to end?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That's it

Usually when I see a thread I dont like, I simply ignore it / backspace and go about my business elsewhere.

Why do so many people feel the need to voice their opinion on threads they dont want to see? It seems counter-intuitive to me. Personally I dont bump threads I wish to see fade away.
edit on 2/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What time is this thing passing us? Can we see it with a telescope or with the naked eye? I mean how close are we talking? Will earthquakes set off or more volcanos?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ha ha! That was too funny....and you know meteors are very expensive jewelry...moldavite is a forest green colored meteor that is becoming very expensive!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Of course there is a possibility, even if it is a 1% out of 100. If it's gonna hit, at least you know what hit you on the way out.

Besides, it's not a made up prophecy, it's comet this way comes. As to whether it hits or not, is worth the effort of preparing for it than be surprised.

Call me paranoid, but is it just me or everything seems paranoid these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
u ask me the way the world is going at the moment then a bigger asteroid strike than this 1 can produce is the way to go,let the world start again cause we,ve screwed this 1 up

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't think there is any secret agenda on NASA's part that would prevent them from telling us about a possible impact. What would be the point?

If they didn't want us to know about an impending impact and simply "lied" by telling us it will miss, then why would they even tell us that such an object exists in the first place? Wouldn't it make much more sense on their part to simply not let that info out?

I know some will say, "because they wouldn't want amateur astronomers to find it and tell everyone". But is it honestly feasible for an amateur astronomer to find such an object in the sky, and then have enough time before an impact to tell anybody? Who would believe them anyways?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join