I need a camera for UFO filming

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Any Recommendations?

i think i prefer analog over digital in this realm, not sure but i want something with super high optical zoom and night vision. any camera experts in the area got any good recommendations for ufo filming?

i recently started filming some objects that i have been observing for a good few years.. and well using an 8mp camera to catch one turned out great. but tonight i saw three however the camera couldnt detect them well with the low light and pixel density.

any recommended models that capture the night sky in perfect clarity? i would put my maximum budget for this to around $1000 USD tops. but if it could be done cheaper that would be great.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Probably better off spending that money buying after effects...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I need a UFO for UFO filming!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
I need a UFO for UFO filming!

i got the ufos.. i need a good camera.. lol

i swear ats has been overrun by 8 year olds. lol

this shouldnt be in general chitchat imo. i need professional advice.. or maybe ats doesnt have the professionals i thought it did?

this is what i filmed yesterday

and made a thread about it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i was lucky to have the right lighting to pick it up clearly with the camera. or reasonably celearly compared to other ufo submissions anyway. you got ur point of reference, stable image(sort-of) and it's not just 10 seconds long lol
edit on 4-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
No ats will have the pros you're looking for. They'll be able to direct you to a $1000 camerra package to prove your little objects are nothing. Take the 8 year olds advice and don't waste your money it for that reason alone, I'm afraid it would lead to disappointment

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Something with good image stabilizing and smooth zoom function would help perhaps. A zoom lens rather than just digital zoom.

A TRIPOD will keep the camera shake trolls away.

A good battery, not replacables as they always run out just when you need power
but one specifically for the camera. Lithium type.

You don't need to spend $1000, 250 should get something good.

Search some of the photography sites, there are plenty I'm sure.

Good luck and happy squinting.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

lol thanks. i was looking at this: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360033457&sr=8-3&keywords=smx+f52

but im thinking an analog version would be more reliable and probably cost a bit more. i dont like to buy crap and have to replace it with something better so i rather get the proper stuff right off the bat.

i want to get these little guys on film as clear and zoomed as possible. 65x zoom i believe should bring any aircraft in our atmosphere to full view of whether it is a plane or helicopter etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You don't need a camera, you need a sense of reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
You don't need a camera, you need a sense of reality.

a sense of reality for what? unidentified flying objects? i simply seek to have the objects identified. id like to look into a good telescope as well.. something powerful enough to see the grains of sand on the moon LOL

my reality is that i see flying objects that are unidentified.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Probably better off spending that money buying after effects...

Yeah I was going to recommend sony vegas and something like Maya

top topics

join