It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Effects and Activity From Praying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ever since I had read the first following snippet, It kept lingering on my mind that something supernatural could actually be happening when people pray to God, more than just the simple peace of moving away from the noisy stuff of the world, that something in the supernatural realm could actually be taking place so I decided to post it here and a couple of other interesting stuff that I found along the way that I thought might help peak your desires to pray, I know it did mine.

In the following snippet, a woman describes some kind of supernatural experience where she spent time with the Lord, according to her, and there is an instance where the topic of light being passed on from him to us when we draw close to him in prayer.

( Remember what happened to Moses face?)

I advise you read this stuff in context so you don't misinterpret the snippets I posted. There is more to it than simple reciting of stuff and simple praying without knowledge of scripture or being aligned with God's will.

Song of the Seraphim

The thousands of seraphs sang:

Let all in heaven, Let all on earth Proclaim His holy name.
Let all in heaven, Let all on earth Speak of His glory and fame.
A wall of fire around our hearts,
A wall of fire around our minds,
A wall of fire around our feet,
Holy is His name.’

[color=palevioletred]I looked at Jesus. The more they sang, the more light poured through His skin. “Your skin,” I said, “it is so... different. It is as though light comes from it.”

Those Who Draw Near

[color=palevioletred]“Light does pass through My skin,” He said. “But Anna, light can pass through your skin, for those who draw near to Me are light bearers. The nearer they come, the more light passes through their skin to others.”

“Like Moses?” I asked. I thought to myself of how separated his life became. Moses would go alone to the tent of meeting, alone to the mountaintop, alone with a veil eventually over his face because of the glory of God upon his countenance. The Lord read my thoughts.

“There is a separation that occurs, Anna. As one draws closer to God, there is a burning away of the dimness over the eyes of the mind and the eyes of the heart. For these the world loses its luster. The ingenuity of mankind becomes a passing spectacle that only causes the person to turn with a sigh back to God.”

He continued, “When the True comes, that which is but a copy, but a reworked speck of a magnificent whole, cannot hold that person’s interest. God alone can capture their spirits, hearts, souls and bodies.”

This is a really neat website about consecration:
tasteheavennow.net...

In the following snippet a man describes and interesting story about submitting himself to experiments wherein praying and the psalms caused a measurable upburst of activity on instruments:
Adventures in God by John G. Lake:
www.jesus.707.cz...

Having formal acknowledgement as a student of science, it was my privilege
to attend clinics, which I frequently did.

At one time I submitted myself to a series of experiments. It was not
sufficient to know that God healed; I had to know how God healed.
I visited one of the great experimental institutions and submitted myself for a
series of experiments.

First, an instrument was attached to my head. This instrument had an
indicator that would register the vibrations of the brain.

I began to repeat things like the [color=palevioletred]23rd Psalm to soothe the mind and reduce its
vibrations to the lowest point. Then I repeated the[color=palevioletred] 31st Psalm, the [color=palevioletred]35th
chapter of Isaiah, the [color=palevioletred]91st Psalm, and [color=palevioletred]Paul's address before Agrippa.
After this, I went into secular literature and recited Tennyson's "Charge of
the Light Brigade" and finally Poe's "The Raven" as I prayed in my heart
that at the psychological moment, God would anoint my soul in the Holy
Spirit.

My difficulty was that while reciting, I could not keep the Spirit from
coming upon me. When I finished with "The Raven," those in charge of the
experiment said,[color=palevioletred] "You are a phenomenon. You have a wider mental range
than any human being we have ever seen."

In reality, this was not so. It was because the Spirit of God kept coming upon
me to such degree that I could feel the moving of the Spirit within me.
I prayed in my heart, [color=palevioletred]"Lord God, if You will only lot the Spirit of God come
like the lightnings of God upon my soul for two seconds, I know something
is going to happen that these men have never seen before.

As I recited the last lines of the poem, suddenly The Spirit of God struck me
in a burst of praise and tongues. The indicator on that instrument bounded to
the limit and I haven't the least idea how much further it would have gone if
it had been possible.

The professors said,[color=palevioletred] "We have never seen anything like it!"
I replied, [color=palevioletred]"Gentlemen, it is the Holy Ghost."

In the second experiment, a powerful X-ray machine with microscopic
attachments was connected to my head. The purpose was to see, if possible,
what the action of the brain cells was.

I proceeded just as in the former experiment. First, I repeated Scriptures that
were soothing those calculated to reduce the action of the cortex coils to
their lowest possible register. Then I went to Scriptures which conveyed
better and richer things until I reached the first chapter of John. As I began to
recite this, the fires of God began to burn in my heart.

Suddenly, the Spirit of God came upon me as before, and the man who was
behind me touched me. It was a signal to me to keep that poise of soul until
one after another could look through the instrument.

Finally, when I let go, the Spirit subsided. The professors said, [color=palevioletred]"Why, man,
we cannot understand this, but the cortex cells expanded amazingly."

edit on 4-2-2013 by EfficientP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

I know that when these poor souls worship some guy on the tv, they get really rich - the tv guy that is.

Some sort of magic, for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP

Finally, when I let go, the Spirit subsided. The professors said, "Why, man,
we cannot understand this, but the cortex cells expanded amazingly."

nice post.. spiritual pressure would cause this when being channelled thru to the 3rd eye.

very good post with a scientific perspective.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks OP for this thread.

It seems as though God had some things here He wanted me to see.

While searching for other books by Anna Rountree, I found one called "The Heavens Opened".

Below is a quote from a chapter called "The Sand pile":

“Hello,” a child’s voice said.

“I wanted you to come play with me,” she said.

“Play with you?” I said incredulously.

“In my sand pile,” she said. “Can you come?”

“Haven’t you always wanted to build a sand castle?” she asked. ‘

I chuckled, “Well, not really, Crystal Clear.”

“Yes, you have,” she continued. “Think about it. You’ve wanted to build on earth, and all of that is sand.’ When the tide comes in, it goes away. Even the tools for building remain longer than a sandcastle, for the tools are from God. But if you use them to build on sand instead of in eternity, what do you have? A waste of time,” she shrugged. “You have wanted a sandcastle. It’s silly really, isn’t it?”

“I suppose so,” I said quietly. I did not want to admit it, but she was right. I had wanted a home and financial security and to accomplish something—for God, of course—but I had tunnel vision for the life on earth. I had Christianized the gospel of the world and bought into my own packaging. It was a bitter thing to hear that the focus of my life had been fleshly and worthless to God, and that I had not gotten away with it.’

“Do you want to play?” she continued cheerily.

“It seems a silly thing to do,” I said stonily.

“Well, yes, it does. However, building on the earth is really the same: silly toys that are long forgotten here, toys that do not even gather dust in the attic but disintegrate and are totally forgotten here—a waste of God’s precious time,” she said much too breezily.

Anna Rountree - The Heavens Opened (PDF, Word, and MP3 formats)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Two more quotes from Anna Rountree:

“What is your name?” I asked him.

“Azar’ the angel said, “I’m the one who answers when you call for help.”

“Don’t you want to know why you’re here?” he asked. He smiled at me and spoke quietly, “The Creator of the universe desires your company. Don’t keep Him waiting.”

The Heavens Opened

This is from a chapter entitled "Heather of the Mist":

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I am Heather’ the figure said. “I tend this part of the garden. Sometimes the path leads beside still waters or into perfumed gardens,” she smiled.

I lay back on the grass, for I was weary and still recovering from my experience at the sand pile.

She continued after a pause, “Do you wish to grow in spirit or in the natural?”

“In spirit, most of all,” I said.

“Then cultivate obedience,” she said.’“Your Father loves you. I know that, or you would not be here. You would not have access to Him nor be able to enter these perfumed gardens.”

Suddenly I sat up, looking at her intently. “Heather, what do you do here?”

“We grow in God. Also, I tend this small part of the garden. But we do not toil here. We live for what you would call spiritual growth.” Then returning to the subject she was addressing before my question, she swept her hand in a wide semicircle.

Anna Rountree - The Heavens Opened (PDF, Word, and MP3 formats)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for sharing that quote about the sand pile. That is a good analogy.

Another one to look into is Katt Kerr on her experiences about Heaven:

]
edit on 5-2-2013 by EfficientP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

Kat Kerr is awesome.

There are hundreds of MP3's and videos online from her.

When she was taken to heaven, she saw many people who had died.

She couldn't talk to them but she was allowed to hear them.

She learned things that would be impossible for her to know about regarding these people.

After returning to Earth, she was able to confirm this information with the people's families.

In heaven there is a place called “The Chamber of Understanding”

We will all have an opportunity to spend time one on one with the Father in this place. It is like a massive gemstone with the most glorious colors. When you walk up to it a door opens from the top down and when you walk in you experience smoke with an amazing aroma that comes all around you. Then smoke clears and the Father appears. God then asks what you would like to see. He will explain and show you how He created the heavens and the earth. You can ask Him to show you anything that you would like to know from the past or into the future.

For example, God has shown Kat how the original earth was created in Genesis 1:1. This is when “Time - Space” and physical matter were created.

Then in Genesis 1:2 the earth was without form and void because of lucifer's fall. Satan fell like lightning from heaven down to earth. God created the ice age after this to destroy what satan was doing on the earth. This earth is millions of years old. But it is only thousands of years since Adam.

Before “time and space” was made, many things could be in one place at one time.

God created the spirit realm first.

Eternity exists in the Father, not the other way around. God was before eternity.

In heaven, embedded in the floor behind the throne is God’s timeline. On this timeline one can see that the created beings (angels) were created before the planets and the earth. Then you can see the original earth, satans fall, the ice age and then the creation of the earth the second time, then when Adam and Eve were created.

God created the spirit realm before the earth was here. The spirit realm does not belong to the new age movement. They operate in the spirit realm simply because they believe its there.

The Chamber of Understanding /// MP3

Kat Kerr Interview About Angels:

GOD HAS REMOVED THE VEIL BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH!

If you have always wondered about Life after Death, this is the book for you ! It will Amaze, Delight and give you Hope for Eternity. Don’t just read about Heaven; ‘see’ what it has to offer those who choose to go there by accepting Jesus as their Savior (John 3:16 & 17). You will be surprised when you learn what God has prepared for His people.

Kat Kerr was taken by the Spirit of God on tours of Heaven for over ten years and has now been commissioned to reveal what she was shown. Two scribe angels were assigned to assist her and they have also delivered the ‘Foreword’ for the book, which is a profound message from God! She not only visited Heaven, but was shown visions of many things that are about to take place on earth. We are entering into a ‘Holy’ season of Heaven being released on earth – it will change life as we know it!

www.robinbremer.net...

Revealing Heaven Audio Book Vol 2
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hey,

Thanks for bringing my attention to that other book of hers. That was very keen of you re: the quote snippet. I'm looking at that further right now.

I thought this was interesting:

The Levee

We stepped onto the opposite bank and began to walk up a wide path to the crest of that levee. Moans came from every demon we passed. Christ’s appearance among the demons tormented them, and they ran away from Him.’

“Light is very painful to them,” Jesus said, indicating the fleeing demons. “They suck up darkness and breathe out venom—lost, corrupted forever, darkness inside and out. These who once ate the food of angels, these who stood in My Father’s light, these who knew the companionship of the trustworthy—now they slither and cringe from the light, cursing the darkness and cursing the light—they are doubly damned. They eat vomit—three or four times over.” (I felt that He was equating vomit with slander.) “In community with those of their kind, they laugh at each other’s misery and deny each other relief—turning, forever turning upon one another, therefore always alone.”

“Leave us,” a voice said, and a hyena giggled.

As we topped the levee, the land as far as I could see was slimy mud, a murky wasteland.’

“Wet,” Jesus said, “for they fear the fire. They are tormented even by dry places.”

Numerous dead trees stood within the mud.

“The trees are a memorial to the vile groves of false gods. Here these trees are seen for what they actually are: broken, bare, without life—the home of snakes and birds of prey.”

top topics

join