It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines to Invade South Carolina

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Yeah, I suppose that deserves a facepalm. Just a citizen, tired of hearing my government beating the war drums, from their safe cushy offices. Hard to keep track how many countries we are occupying, and losing....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I`m surprised that it took this long for us to get into africa considering how much gold and diamonds are there.I guess we needed to get the oil producing countries in our pocket before we could go after the gold and diamond producing countries,without the oil our planes couldn`t fly and our tanks couldn`t roll.

This kind of training happens all the time but i`m just wondering why the media is reporting about it now?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

MCAS Beaufort is also down here right beside Jasper. My guess is this might be why they chose Jasper. I live about 2 miles from the MCAS flightline & haven't noticed any increased air traffic.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Im sorry, but what are all the damned MILITARY BASES in this country for, if they are just gonna use civilian areas? I'm sure this point had been made already, but this seems very much like "getting us used to" seeing and accepting military presence.

My home state none the less.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I get where you're going here, but Jasper County isn't the place for them to let the peoples "get used to them".... we're already used to them around here.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
Im sorry, but what are all the damned MILITARY BASES in this country for, if they are just gonna use civilian areas? I'm sure this point had been made already, but this seems very much like "getting us used to" seeing and accepting military presence.

My home state none the less.

Well if its your home state, you would know that Myrtle Beach AFB was closed, Charleston Naval Base was closed, Donaldson Center AFB in Greenville was closed, Charleston AFB can't expand, Goose Creek has been toned down, and McEntire ANG base and Fort Jackson is being slowly strangled by the city of Columbia. Shaw hasn't had much in expansion for several years now in Sumter.

Thank goodness we still have federal lands and forest they can and do train on.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead
More people who know about as much as the military as my 3 year old son, making a big deal out of something complete not abnormal....about a year ago there was a poster on here posting pictures of a convoy hauling tanks on the interstate. They were talking about the US Army "mobilizing" in the continental states...funny thing? I was a part of that 2 week training operation. Which was to take a bunch of non-functioning, defunct equipment, from Dugway to Fort Knox, and then more junk, from Fort Knox to Fort Sill. But yeah, in the meantime, to you people in the "know" of these things....we were invading! People who claim this is "unusual" demonstrate that they know next to nothing about how military units train. It isn't uncommon (at all) for military units to train in the general public. We do it every month in Nebraska...

I see them moving stuff all the time here and think nothing of it.I'm 30 miles east of Fort Knox,but the training in a town of people with blanks going pop pop?What if one of our redneck brothers didn't get the memo and decided to shoot back.

I can hear it now" Hey,bo,there are a bunch of army guys shootin' up the town!!!" " Bo,we are comin' home to defend 'er!"
edit on 4-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

There are communities in California near Fort Irwin (Specifically NTC) where they train in the populous frequently. I spent two weeks doing that this past summer. The communities are hell holes, the worst communities I've ever seen stateside. One town I remember specifically not even realizing it was an actual town until we had finished training for the day, and someone told me it was not a "mock up" of a town in Iraq/Afghanistan. It was a legitimate community outside of Fort Irwin. I'm certain that these training operations (if any blanks are fired) are taking place in communities where either a.) nobody will even be around to notice, or b.) in areas of the "general public" where there is a minimal likelihood of any members of society being present.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by TKDRL

It's because of that mess in Mali, that's my opinion.

Mali isn't next to the shores of Africa, there's zero reasons to train for that kind of environment if you're heading to that country, it's not like the US military trains only in one location, they move around to be ready to fight wherever the battlefield is.

And no, France didn't came to Mali just to make waves they were asked by the Malian government to help them fight the radical muslims in the area that tended to get too much power, they don't plan to stay for months.
Once the rebels are pushed out of the country (and from the news these last days it won't take long) they'll send 500 trainers to get the Malian army up to date and leave, they never planned a long term stay and were very clear about their expectations.

And the lovely French are involved this time......what's French for "idiots" ?

From you previous messages and considering that "idiot" is already a French word I'd say that "timetothink" would make a good synonym.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
...what's French for idiots?

Imbecile puant

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With these type of maneuvers being exercised, in your face style, and clearly practiced by the country's current, active military, it tends to make one go hmmmmmm. Would our own troops fire upon its own citizens? I don't know the answer to that question, but I know one thing, current military personnel are participating in these exercises, and that's something to seriously consider. And before anyone gives me flak, I come from a military family from WW2 up to present day.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I thought the one in Miami was the strangest. I can't imagine what combat zone current or future might be remotely similar to exercises like firing from helicopters down on Miami.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I just don't understand why a MEU out of Camp Lejeune, which has it's own Combat town and beach, has to go to Jasper County, SC for urban training. Something is weird about this.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
the amount of panic switch mashing in this thread is hysterical to me. the military has been doing this for god only knows how long. we run exercises all over the US. yes, these are critical to actual deployments because the citizenry participates both as normal bystanders and aggressor forces, along with paid actors. as to the post saying we have MOUT complexes on every base, no we do not. and most bases that do have a MOUT complex have one thats 3 blocks wide by 5 block long, or some other equally pitiful excuse for a training area. it has absolutely nothing to do with getting "the people" ready to see military in their own back yard, and everything to do with helping deploying troops be as ready as they can be. the community isn't forced to take part, and in fact many communities that events like this take place in actually INVITE the military to come in and run exercises, with reasons all across the board from it helps local law enforcement train, EMS train, to basic monetary gain for the community. good grief.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I dont see the Mali situation as being the reason to go in. I think they are trying to nullify Chinese and Russian influence. A french term for idot is "les icompetent"

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

The marines "invade"? I guess that's Fox News hyperscandal speake for "report to"?
I used to like ats but now it's a bunch of whackaloons typing from bunkers surrounded by expired MREs and homemade booby traps.

Pfffft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join