It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injection for spine pain - Input please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Whit of the unsuccessful procedjures - it seems I have to pick the least of the 2 evils; pain med management or injections.

Could you u2u me regarding your additional avenues of pain relief? Or I could you a direct emai address.
edit on 26-2-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

I've never heard of Meditron and can't find any reference on the web that looks right according to your description.
My lumbar fusions were conducted by an orthopaedic surgeon as well as the titanium screws and plate in my neck.
As far as I know, no additional devices or fixative substances were used in any of these surgeries. My wife is currently undergoing a lot of traction for both lower and upper spinal problems and she's not looking at surgery in the near future, assuming these treatments continue to alleviate her pain. Since my problem was exacerbated by an idiot chiropractor, I refuse to see one ever again - the wife has had some good results with chiros over the years
but her condition got to the point that we had to get more aggressive with her treatment options.

As far as medial devices and the FDA - you'll probably have little luck getting any financial relief unless and until you actually experience problems. I have a drug eluding stent in one of my coronary arteries that's since been taken off the market. It works and I don't worry about it.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Cox Flexion Distraction : I found few viids but they seem to focus on the lumbar.

I just received all of my reports which are daunting because they refer back to a previous scan and seems to hard to understand. Do you know of a way / place on the net to help me decipher the language of the results?

I really appreciate your input!! That you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Aplogies - the name was Medtronic

Medtronic - INFUSE synthetic material used for cervical fusions are approaching litigation

Medtonic - INFUSE synthetic material used in cervical fusion FDA redacted their approval of the product within the Cervical spine

.small article about bonding material for lumbar patient

I actually went back to my surgeon and he stated that if I didn't have any long term numbness then I should not return. Further more he poppe up and old image and said there wasn't any excessive bone growth and NONE of his patients have experienced pain from the over growth. Needless to say my last MRI is showing overgrowth which seems to be causing more nerve pain.

Now that I have seen 4 other highly regarded neuro surgeions......they have avoided me like I had a plague. NOW I know why,

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks for sharing. It is very hard for many to have empathy when it comes to pain; because most cant "see" the injuries.

I have heard of the Laser procedure - but lack on insurace and excess funds has kept me from having the experience of new technology and alternate methods.

Thaks for the links - I will definately read them in a bit.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Curious to know if anyone has know of the program at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio and Dr. Covington? Supposed to be a comprehensive pain rehab program that lasts for 30 days to help people with back problems as well as looking out for other aggrevating factors, ie: Under performing endocrine system.

And for love of fellowship - will someone flag my thread so maybe I could have a little more exposure. I really care not for the system of stars and flags; I just want exposure.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

Just bumping to strum up some possible correspondence to my "case."

Anyone else out there struggling with degenerative disease, herniations of cervical and thoracic, hypothyroidism (hashimoto's) and finally the odd syndrome known as Fibromyalgia partnered with chronic fatigue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join