It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Buy an Ipod Nano?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I want to listen to audio books while working out.

I have iTunes and can download audio books (in m4B format).

I want to buy a new player and I'm thinking of an ipod nano.

Will an ipod nano play the downloaded iTunes audiobooks that are in .m4B format?

As you can tell, I'm completely ignorant of ANY of the new "i" technology and this will be my first purchase of this kind.

I would really appreciate any insights or thoughts that may be relevant. Any other suggestions as to a route to take are welcome. I don't want to join a monthly club like Audible or anything like that. I just want to buy an audio book when I want it and then listen to it when I want, as many times as I want.

Thanks for all responses!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have a shuffle for when I am working out and for hiking, I usally load it with audio books and some music depending on what I am doing.

Went with the Shuffle cause it was so tiny that I could clip it to my collar and forget about it, the nano is cool as well as it has a screen. The shuffle can take some getting use to navigating its menus sans screen.

Also check out a store like Gamestop they might have used ones you can pick up cheep.

eta

apple has refurbs sometimes though the stock changes so you have to check back offten, usally an influx when a new one is released.

special deals
edit on 4-2-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I googled that question. And yes you can download audio books to an Ipod Nano. Also, check your library for free downloads of their audio books. I think you can borrow them for up to 2 weeks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I would say yes,just because of the small size.

aldoblog.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Apple products are a little more robust than generic MP3 players, but expensive.

In my experience, most generic MP3 players won't survive a year in use, especially if you are a physically active user.

The question is, will you compromise on price or go for quality?

The other thing is that many "brand name" players are no better quality than cheap no-name ones, so be careful.

A guide is to look at how long the manufacturer will give a warranty for.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the input!
I think I'm going to get one. Just have a little more research to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Craigslist is best!!!

You can convert any audio file into mp3

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
wots this? you don't want a Zune?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Infi8nity
You can convert any audio file into mp3

I know there are converters on the market that will convert an m4b (iTunes audiobook) to mp3, but I was hoping to avoid that extra step.

I bought the nano. I don't have it yet, but it's on the way and I'm reading the manual. I do not know ANYTHING about ipod technology, but I'm learning. It's actually very cool and once I'm educated a little, I'm sure I'll love it.

I actually looked at Zune, but since I'm getting stuff from iTunes, the apple stuff makes sense.

top topics

join