It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors kill 2,450% more Americans than all gun-related deaths combined

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
as I told another poster that gun deaths/control is a poor analogy ... something I would not have used ...

But that is what the thread is about and it is the reason people questioned the source.

as far a the percentages of deaths compared to doctor visits I take with a grain of salt .... because that includes ALL visits even for routine care .....

Again, the source states that doctors pose more of a threat then guns. If the average person can visit one 3 or 4 times a year and walk away then it would seem that that isn't true.

How many people get shot at 3 or 4 times a year without being harmed?

I would advise you to volunteer at a nursing home if you want to see the inside and not the fluffy feel good side of the medical business.....

Who said anything about the medical business being fluffy feel good? It is many times about blood, guts, pain and death and as in anything there is a certain amount of human error. Your the one who has a problem swallowing that reality.
edit on 5-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

I would bet if there was data that the number of time people go hunting or use guns in a responsible manner is lee than the statical data pointing to the number of times a person is hurt through the lack of proper care, diagnosis and treatment .....

I doubt there is data on how many times people hunt without shooting themselves.....

I problem I have with the medical system when I am changing a "wet to dry" bandage on an elderly persons hip where the hospital neglected her .... Do you know the difference between a pressure wound and a bed sore? Until you have to fight the system to get proper care ... you will not understand ..... people who don't know are the problem because they don't even know they are getting poor treatment because it is the norm .....

stop making excuses for a system that charges you top dollar to fix the mistakes they make .... because to me that seems what you are doing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Doctors kill 2,450% more Americans than all gun-related deaths combined

Yes but Doctors save a more lifes than guns...

Prove it cause the only thing I seen them even maybe come close to minutely is prolonging an already painful existence.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
stop making excuses for a system that charges you top dollar to fix the mistakes they make .... because to me that seems what you are doing.

It might look that way to you because you have beef with the system and that is keeping you from looking at this rationally.

The article is comparing apples to oranges. That right off the bat makes its claim fallacious. Why would it be surprising that more people die in the hands of doctors? It shouldn't be.

Do you know the difference between a pressure wound and a bed sore? Until you have to fight the system to get proper care ... you will not understand .....

I do understand but I am also able to keep the emotional side of the argument separate from the rational side.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join