It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Chrome, it’s Firefox calling! real time calling (rtc)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
and eventually allow for remote connections to another users computer to correct problems,

or simply co-operate in the design of a thing.

the ability of the new system to allow people to co create,
share information much faster and in a much more precise manner,

think about it like a video intercom

its fast and crystal clear comms for free,
and when the new remote stuff comes out you will see two or more people sharing the resource of a single computer to paint a picture, to make music, to design a product,

and this will be in the hands of everyday users, not just systems administrators.
I've been doing this stuff for a decade...fixing problems on my friends PCs remotely, collaborating with groups of people to design a product where the people are in different cities...the software to do this called netmeeting was free, shipped with every version of Microsoft Windows 2000, and it was easy to use...I'm not a system administrator and I set it up. So again you're telling me I'll be able to do things in the future I've been doing for a decade already.

Possibly the newer stuff will be a little easier but the old stuff was so easy, I don't see how it can be much easier. Someone else mentioned security...if there's an opportunity for improvement that I've seen in personally using these collaboration services, that's probably it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I've been doing this stuff for a decade...fixing problems on my friends PCs remotely, collaborating with groups of people to design a product where the people are in different cities...the software to do this called netmeeting was free, shipped with every version of Microsoft Windows 2000, and it was easy to use...I'm not a system administrator and I set it up. So again you're telling me I'll be able to do things in the future I've been doing for a decade already.

Possibly the newer stuff will be a little easier but the old stuff was so easy, I don't see how it can be much easier. Someone else mentioned security...if there's an opportunity for improvement that I've seen in personally using these collaboration services, that's probably it.

well i guess at your level you would properly find it easy to do sys admin work

it works out like this,
for every friend you have that you help, there is another 100 people who need those services but would never "pay" an IT professional to set it up or show them how to do it.

i know that there is only so many people you can help in a day so if they can "self network admin"
or "self system admin" then it makes my life easier.

i see it like this, i iphone made mobile computing easy, anyone can do it as it easy to learn and easy to do,
at some point networking needs to be easy to learn and easy to do.

this will be more widly adopted as it is easy and quick to use.

although the underlying technology is very complex and interesting

xploder

edit on 6-2-2013 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join