It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Downloaded the Keyhole Sat. Image viewer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Do you guys have any suggestions of good places to check out? Area 51 is clearly visable and if you type in 'Dulce NM' it will take you to the geographic area so you can zoom in/out - its not very detailed for dulce however.

Do you guys have any good ones to check out?

If you haven't seen it, its pretty cool. www.keyhole.com

Thanks.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by dieselfrog]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
tell me more about the viewer? it's the first I've heard of it......sounds interesting.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmalone
tell me more about the viewer? it's the first I've heard of it......sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Sure, Google just acquired a company called "keyhole". They have a huge database of satelite imagery and a viewer to browse. You can download a free trial version of it.

I've been playing around with it for a few days and its pretty cool. Basically you can type in an address and the viewer will go to that address where you can pan/zoom and even change the tilt of the camera. It will show roads and 3d terrain.

Their coverage is a little spotty but they seem to have all the major US cities and a good amount of other places.

If you have ever watched the imagery shots on cnn during the last gulf war, this is the product they used.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've tried that before, personally I don't think it's the best thing to use (but it's ok nonetheless)
sure, it's in color and SOME areas are detailed but for the most part, terraserver's still better

what did you put in to get to area 51 though?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Its acutally one of their pre-loaded selections. You can just click on it from the menu and it takes you right there.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dieselfrog
If you have ever watched the imagery shots on cnn during the last gulf war, this is the product they used.

I'm pretty sure they used it at the beginning of the Iraq War too, not sure though

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

[I'm pretty sure they used it at the beginning of the Iraq War too, not sure though

Yes, thats what i meant... thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Its acutally one of their pre-loaded selections. You can just click on it from the menu and it takes you right there.

wow, I am quite surprised to find that there...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
what are some other good places to check out?

if you type in

841 Fairchild Ave
Barksdale AFB LA 71110-2271
USA

into the address fields you can clearly see the B-52 bombers on the tarmack! I can go down to about 1000 feet and get pretty hi res images

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Perhaps I can aquire some satellite images showing a plane actually landing with this commercial sattelite. It would be the perfect proof to prove that the base is active.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

what are some other good places to check out?

if you type in

841 Fairchild Ave
Barksdale AFB LA 71110-2271
USA

into the address fields you can clearly see the B-52 bombers on the tarmack! I can go down to about 1000 feet and get pretty hi res images

yep, at surprising high quality too!

that's good quality, comparing to me looking for my house all I see is green, I just wish the entire thing was this good of quality

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You guys made me download it lol where do i click exactly to get area 51??

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
You guys made me download it lol where do i click exactly to get area 51??

Hope that helps

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Trivia:

Know why they call it keyhole?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes. Keyhole is the name of the imagery sats the AF used to use. KH-11 comes to mind.

Here is some very basic background on KH... science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks unknown that really helped lol appreciate it

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One of the wonderful creations of E-Systems/Ratheon, later replaced by the Lacrosse series of satelites I believe. Though by now its probably on some insane series of birds with amazing capabilities beyond 2 foot resolution.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey im new to the forum..not the site though, never bothered to register. Anyway I've been using for keyhole for well over a year now..Keyhole NV...but i didnt buy it. Only entered diff emails every time trial ended.But i am gonna buy it now, for i just got a nv 6800 gt card. About seeing Area 51..go to LAYERS section on keyhole you know where u can highlight stores and atms and junk. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Keyhole bbs community..by the way this is the tab next to MY KEYHOLE. after u click that look around and see the blue dots..those are keyhole members sightings and placemarks.....Then goto the keyhole bbs forum. Find tons and i mean tons of members pic findings andd stuff...including overlays...which are "overlays of a current pic..a good example is Area 51...here updated and in bright colors click attachment ..above the post ..make sure u have keyhole running AREA-51 UPDATED AND IN COLOR IN KEYHOLE Link!

sorry about the link i've never posted here hope this works ttyl

Mod edit: Fixed link with BB code
-Spectre

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by faddinglight
Perhaps I can aquire some satellite images showing a plane actually landing with this commercial sattelite. It would be the perfect proof to prove that the base is active.

Just checking on this one... but you do know that the images you see aren't live. So basically if the satelite didn't pick up any aircraft landing at the base, there is no use waiting for one to come by. The images will just stay the same. They might update it like once a year, if at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Theres a cool plane graveyard...

open keyhole!

then go to internet explorer!

then paste this site!: bbs.keyhole.com...

then click enter then yes then youll see a whole bunch of planes pretty cool check it out guys

top topics

<<   2 >>

join