It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Homosexuality is 'un-African'"?? Surely Christianity and Islam is "un-African"??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by skalla

Its not about where they do it or not. All I was trying to show you was whether a pedophile could be classed as being born a pedophile. Take all the other stuff out of it, whether its adults having consentual sex etc, thats not the issue. If a homosexual is born gay (this time I wont use pedophile), is it possible that a bank robber was born a bank robber? Or a murderer a murder? Regardless of whether its legal or illegal.. The same question could be asked for many different things.

Its not about where they do it or not. All I was trying to show you was whether a pedophile could be classed as being born a pedophile. Take all the other stuff out of it, whether its adults having consentual sex etc, thats not the issue. If a homosexual is born gay (this time I wont use pedophile), is it possible that a bank robber was born a bank robber? Or a murderer a murder? Regardless of whether its legal or illegal.. The same question could be asked for many different things.

Pedophilia is an attraction on AGE. Homosexuality is an attraction towards the same gender. If the AoA, Age of Attraction overrides all other sexual urges, then sure the "Homosexual" will prefer boys while the Heterosexual will prefer children of the opposite gender. Simple as that.
With criminal behavior the Jury is still out as to how much of it is genetic and how much of it is the environment. "Nature vs. Nurture" Serial killer and so forth sure seem to be more genetically inclined to their actions than let's say a bank robber. It is quite clear that poverty causes the rise of crime, while prosperity reduces it greatly.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

i dont think either of us came here to discuss paedophillia, and the thread aint about that either. i've made myself perfectly clear re this issue and if you wish to discuss it further, start a thread on it - i'll be elsewhere discussing things that i actually went to those threads for...
..well i probably wont actually, if my last few days activity here is any thing to go by, but we'll see

tara for now

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

All I was trying to show you was whether a pedophile could be classed as being born a pedophile.

Yes, if homosexuals are born that way, then pedophiles are too. This is not an issue for the ethics of law enforcement because pedophilia (the attraction) is not illegal, raping children is. And a pedophile still has control over that.

Psychopaths with an urge to kill dont choose to be psychopaths, the same with pedophiles.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

there is a myrid of sexual possibilities lol.... take for example, prisoners, quite a few turn gay for the duration they are in prison, then become straight when out. So for them its a case of options. Say if a woman isnt about they would go with a man. but for many sexuality is also fixed. like no matter what they wouldnt turn onto the same gender.

Ex gays are probably on the bisexuality spectrum. They may be at the far end of the bisexuality toward one side, I think there are bisexuals who live a mostly gay lifestyle or who live a mostly straight lifestyle .

So the ex gays dont make such a leap, they are trying to undo a habit, a reflex thats all. So from this point of view it is psychological.

But for many its a case of the urge to merge with a specific gender. This is being straight or gay.

"In the 1990s Hamer began studies of the role of genes in human behavior. In 1993 he published a paper suggesting the existence of genes that influence homosexuality in males, and presented evidence that one of these genes is associated with the Xq28 marker on the X chromosome.[1] This finding was replicated in two studies in the United States but not in a third in Canada; meta-analysis indicated Xq28 has a significant but not exclusive effect.[2][3][4] Subsequently, several additional linked regions on other chromosomes have been described.[5]

In 1996, Hamer and colleagues investigated the genetic roots of anxiety and found that the gene for the serotonin transporter, which is the target of antidepressant drugs such as Prozac, is partially responsible.[6] This polymorphism has been extensively replicated and its activity has been confirmed by direct brain imaging studies

en.wikipedia.org...

Also the Xq28 was found in 64% cases of gay men. So maybe the other 36% are on the spectrum - bisexual.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Hamer's study was discredited a few years after it was conducted.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Previous research suggested that male homosexuality is passed on from mother to son.

But the new work, covering more people, aims to show that the particular genetic features implicated are no more common in gay men than would be expected.

"Because our study was larger than the original one, we certainly had adequate power to detect a genetic effect as large as was reported in that study," said the team from the University of Western Ontario in the journal, Science.

"Nonetheless, our data does not support the presence of a gene of large effect influencing sexual orientation," they concluded.

However, both the studies targeted only one part of the X chromosome. The authors of the new study say that: "These results do not preclude the possibility of detectable gene effects elsewhere in the genome."

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well its complex but the gay/homosexual genetics are probably at play. Because gay men do say they just feel a natural attraction to the same sex and that its been there since they turned hormonal. Well some say this, and others say they are bisexual and others still claim to choose being gay.

Bottom line is people do have different sexualities and there are genetic features at play, there are also cases where it may nurture .

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
it's pretty disrespectful to the OP to carry this on here, IMO, interested parties should start a thread elsewhere to prevent this thread becoming even more hijacked and derailed. at least if this carries on elsewhere the op and folk who wish to discuss the op, which is directly about africa, can continue.

be considerate

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Derailed how? We are discussing. Some of us think that homosexuality is genetic. So again how can it be "unafrican" if its genetic. Genetics is a human feature that every human has. It transcends ethnicity.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I remember reading in the op about homosexuality being in African, we are discussing the unnatural dynamics of homosexuality and how people choose homosexuality whether they are African or Chinese or American , unnatural is apparently global. I would suggest you go join another discussion if you do not wish to discuss the current topic.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by skalla

I remember reading in the op about homosexuality being in African, we are discussing the unnatural dynamics of homosexuality and how people choose homosexuality whether they are African or Chinese or American , unnatural is apparently global. I would suggest you go join another discussion if you do not wish to discuss the current topic.

And I would suggest you stick to facts and not Bible crap when discussion nature. Like try science for a change?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Seems many cant face the fact that this is a global phenomena ,being gay that is. Hence, why society has said " Okay" it happens, rarely, but it happens. So lets just accept it and see what happens. I think what happens is they just live their gay life with their partners or partner or husband/wife happily. I dont see that it effects society negatively. I understand the ops concerns especially if hes african and homosexual. Then its an insult. Its like saying hes " unafrican" and it creates identity problems. Which is probably what they want. To keep homosexuals in that repressed state. But they are just scared, selfish and ignorant. One day they may find the gay gene and then I hope others just keep quiet and understand that sometimes nature does go against the Bibles requirements/expectations and rules. Then we can be more realistic. And the op is right, I agree that religion is responsible for really weird ideas about sex, take for example the sewing up of women in africa, to make sure they are virgins when they marry, or the circumcision. Its just twisted to try and achieve this unrealistic and cheesy view of life.But they do it for " power". Ultimately, its easy to control those sexually using the Bible.

The Bible in my view is a book, of very wise teachings, but it was written so long ago that it does need updating. As we begin to develop new understandings about nature and the universe, and people.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Jesus is just as anti gay as I am. There is a big difference between judging and discerning right from wrong as well. The Bible says as a Christian that I am the salt of the earth. It is the duty of Christians to inform of Gods word. Call me all the name you like but it will not change facts.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

I don't have to use the Bible nor have I there Skippy. You people seem to worship science then lets use science to show how unnatural homosexuality is. Worx for me.
The SCIENTIFIC proven outcome of a male orgasm is sperm is released. The SCIENTIFIC proven function for sperm is to fertilize an egg to create life. This is the SCIENTIFIC proven NATURAL function of sex. Now have two men have sex and have an egg get fertilized and have science prove it. Science has proven that a man cannot get another man pregnant nor can a woman get another woman pregnant, therefore SCIENTIFICALLY speaking homosexuality is UNNATURAL or against nature. I'm not talking attraction or feelings at the moment, right now I'm talking about action. The action is scientifically unnatural.
Now scientifically speaking, opposites attract. This is very scientific, even in schoolbooks for ya there. Therefore same sex attraction is unnatural, scientifically speaking.
Now if you want links and for us to sit down and have sex ed class in order to scientifically prove these things to you then we will. I will put up pretty scientific charts for you.
As for the Bible, which you and several others on here find repulsive states in the Old Testament and New Testament that homosexuality is wrong and an abomination in the Old Testament. Jesus himself sets the standard for relationships as being male and female and sex only intended for marriage.
You can worship science, or mother nature, or other people but now an all mighty Savior that says your lifestyle is wrong? Tell me, if scientists come out tomorrow and insist there is evidence to prove that homosexuality is wrong and evolution is wrong, would you then cease to worship science because it no longer suits your agenda?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What is your point?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Guenter

I don't have to use the Bible nor have I there Skippy. You people seem to worship science then lets use science to show how unnatural homosexuality is. Worx for me.
The SCIENTIFIC proven outcome of a male orgasm is sperm is released. The SCIENTIFIC proven function for sperm is to fertilize an egg to create life. This is the SCIENTIFIC proven NATURAL function of sex. Now have two men have sex and have an egg get fertilized and have science prove it. Science has proven that a man cannot get another man pregnant nor can a woman get another woman pregnant, therefore SCIENTIFICALLY speaking homosexuality is UNNATURAL or against nature. I'm not talking attraction or feelings at the moment, right now I'm talking about action. The action is scientifically unnatural.
Now scientifically speaking, opposites attract. This is very scientific, even in schoolbooks for ya there. Therefore same sex attraction is unnatural, scientifically speaking.
Now if you want links and for us to sit down and have sex ed class in order to scientifically prove these things to you then we will. I will put up pretty scientific charts for you.
As for the Bible, which you and several others on here find repulsive states in the Old Testament and New Testament that homosexuality is wrong and an abomination in the Old Testament. Jesus himself sets the standard for relationships as being male and female and sex only intended for marriage.
You can worship science, or mother nature, or other people but now an all mighty Savior that says your lifestyle is wrong? Tell me, if scientists come out tomorrow and insist there is evidence to prove that homosexuality is wrong and evolution is wrong, would you then cease to worship science because it no longer suits your agenda?

You again not getting it. I don't "worship" science. Fact is that science has proven that Homosexuality or bi-Sexuality is common among many species. So it is not UN-natural as you claim but Natural. So why fight and resist something that resists in nature? And to your last sentence. YES. If science prooves evolution is wrong and god exists then I shall accept.But so far it hasn't. And even if tomorrrow they proover god exists, he sure not your clown as described in the bible.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

How can someone be born a paedophile? A 9 year-old liking another 5 year-old isn't paedophilic is it? When would you count the paedophilia as beginning from?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

It is unnatural. Don't pretend it to be the way things were intended. If everyone turned gay tomorrow the species would seize to exist. Perhaps the best answer for population control. That's not to say that as consenting adults its not their right to practice their sexuality. And comparing us to apes constantly to try and prove its okay is ridiculous. The reason behind and for dog gayness for example, is different from human gayness.
edit on 9-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Exactly, when a dog shows gay actions, it is a show of dominance, not pleasure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join