posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
reply to post by Christian Voice
there is a myrid of sexual possibilities lol.... take for example, prisoners, quite a few turn gay for the duration they are in prison, then become
straight when out. So for them its a case of options. Say if a woman isnt about they would go with a man. but for many sexuality is also fixed. like
no matter what they wouldnt turn onto the same gender.
Ex gays are probably on the bisexuality spectrum. They may be at the far end of the bisexuality toward one side, I think there are bisexuals who live
a mostly gay lifestyle or who live a mostly straight lifestyle .
So the ex gays dont make such a leap, they are trying to undo a habit, a reflex thats all. So from this point of view it is psychological.
But for many its a case of the urge to merge with a specific gender. This is being straight or gay.
"In the 1990s Hamer began studies of the role of genes in human behavior. In 1993 he published a paper suggesting the existence of genes that
influence homosexuality in males, and presented evidence that one of these genes is associated with the Xq28 marker on the X chromosome. This
finding was replicated in two studies in the United States but not in a third in Canada; meta-analysis indicated Xq28 has a significant but not
exclusive effect. Subsequently, several additional linked regions on other chromosomes have been described.
In 1996, Hamer and colleagues investigated the genetic roots of anxiety and found that the gene for the serotonin transporter, which is the target of
antidepressant drugs such as Prozac, is partially responsible. This polymorphism has been extensively replicated and its activity has been
confirmed by direct brain imaging studies
Also the Xq28 was found in 64% cases of gay men. So maybe the other 36% are on the spectrum - bisexual.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FreedomEntered
because: (no reason given)