It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Homosexuality is 'un-African'"?? Surely Christianity and Islam is "un-African"??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

What does it matter what color Jesus was? Why do people obsess over color. Seriously. Its just pointless. Every ethnicity has been capable of some form of savagery. I mean okay Jesus was white.. soooo.. or black, or yellow... or inbetween... or olive... or .... what on earth difference does it make?!

He was a spiritual man, a great man, a leader, and a honest man. This is what counts!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Christian Voice

Because if for whatever reason they were "born" gay then they would not be an abomination in God's eyes. Then I guess they will just proclaim God doesn't exist or change everything about God to suit their unnatural lifestyle.
Text

FYI. It is GOD that is man made and invented to control people, that is "UNNATURAL". Not the Gay, Bi and Heterosexual lifestyles and leanings. Check a bit up on the Bonobo Chimp, the truly CLOSEST relative of ours.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Trying to warp peoples beliefs in God, But you feel that bisexuality, lesbians and gays are on par with God and the great spiritual leaders. Now your off on another territory.

Id rather jump off a ship and drown than turn gay or what ever else, Im just not attracted to women what so ever. And to be this would be a form of torture for me.

I do think its good that gays and what ever can get married now in a civil way however, because they are consented adults and really if thats what tickles their fancy so be it.

But inregards to religion its the way it is for a REASON!

And that reason makes a great many people very happy, healthy and well.

edit on 5-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Bruce Lipton has proven that your genes do not control your health at all let alone your sexual preference!. It's the environment that has an effect on your genes. It then it stands to reason as your growing up and your yin and yang become out of balance at one stage and life and as a man your feminine side is being nurtured more or vica-versa and as a woman your masculine side nurtured more then that side will become dominant because you simply are being told or you "believe" your becoming or are more feminine as a man or more masculine as a woman.

Bruce Lipton has proven that your belief along with the environment your in is what determines the outcome of your genetics. Guess what folks? We ARE NOT just MACHINES like science would have you think!

Then science comes along and perhaps see's some marker for this in your genes after this process and tells you that you were born that way. WRONG and now science has finally proven you ARE NOT BORN GAY it's the new science deal with it we were wrong. Your just pampering your gay side so long you end up that way lol! I think it's a tad funny since many gays truly believe they are born that way ehehe. Geez what a trip when we finally learn the truth on stuff!

To the OP: Jesus wasn't white he was a Hebrew. You seem to have some rascist undertones? What up? You seem to be somewhat intelligent how is that you spew hate towards your fellow human race? What is wrong dude? Really ? What happen in your life to make you hate? I don't hate ANYONE and that feels good. I'm betting it feels much better than hating.. Just saying...Good day to ya!

edit on 2/5/2013 by firegoggles because: sp

edit on 2/5/2013 by firegoggles because: sp-2

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

OP !
How did you find out what color Jesus was ?

Swiiiiiiiiiiiing ana miss!

I'm white, but I do not ultimately see Jesus Christ as white, despite the popular portrayals. Do you know why ? Because in my home growing up. I was taught to be as least prejudice as I can be by directing hate towards it. so naturally I can not put color to my God. Not til I see for myself.
edit on 5-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Read the above of what Blacks have invented and tell whats NOT to be proud of. This is a wealth of brains going on here. And again shut up that egyptians are advanced due to a dot of white dna. Ive hung out with egyptians and they are very african in lifestyle and even thinking.

Rape is universal. I would be just as worried walking in a group of white men as I would black men. Sexual assault is a human issue/problem.

It would help if you held a good level of reading comprehension.

Nowhere have I said that Egyptians are advanced due to having white DNA. Rather, I have said that a white supremacist could easily use such an argument and scoff at you.

I am not saying that one should not be proud of being anything. However, if I were to name inventors and great men effortlessly, the names of black persons would not readily come to my head. The names of "Newton", "Tesla", "Franklin", "Einstein" readily come to my head - I would have to search out such names with a bit of work. Rather, my vision is to have a widespread incidence of genius amongst the Black African peoples - where, if one were to think of a scientist, such an image would not be of a default white gentleman, but would be different regularly.

I cannot readily tell you that I have any heroes or "role models" who are black. Hence why I scoff when over here in Britain, silly media persons bang on about how "black youngsters don't have any role models". What a lot of nonsense - such quotes presuposse that role models need to be the same skin colour as one. Yet such a presupposition is nonsense. I admire Newton, Einstein, Mozart, Tesla and whatnot and their skin colour is of no matter to me - so that argument about black youngsters and role models is complete nonsense and just a silly excuse.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its not religion thats the issue. Its how people interperate religion.

For example, in some parts of africa they want the girl to be a virgin still, so they sew her up and circumcise her. This form of patriarchy is just wrong. Its going too far. And people that follow religion go too far and must be told to stop

Jesus never openly condemned gays, nor did the old testament. It stated that the natural course is for a man and woman to be togeather and we can see very clearly this is the case. Youd have to be indenial to see that man and woman doesnt fit.

However, nature is what it is, and sometimes people have a genetic disposition for something else, namely men on men and women on women. And if they arent hurting anyone. Then I dont see the issue.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You do realise white supremacists have serious issues? And are probably abit mentally unstable..

Can you not pick from this list of Black people and choose someone you admire?

So youd rather Mozart existed than the guy who invented the gas mask? That has probably saved millions of lives and by the way, he was a black man.

Or the guy who invented the type writer, that is part of the computer you are now using. A black man.

Or the man who invented the toilet to make your life cleaner - again a black man.

OR the man who peformed open heart surgery first again a black man.

Or the guy who invented the fire extinguisher a black man, again which has lead to millions of lives being saved.

What about the telephone system which keeps you intouch with your family etc , again invented by a black man.

None of these inspire you . For goodness sakes...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by spinalremain

What does it matter what color Jesus was? Why do people obsess over color. Seriously. Its just pointless. Every ethnicity has been capable of some form of savagery. I mean okay Jesus was white.. soooo.. or black, or yellow... or inbetween... or olive... or .... what on earth difference does it make?!

He was a spiritual man, a great man, a leader, and a honest man. This is what counts!

It is the fact that the son of GOD would choose a specific skin colour. What did he think the black man was ugly? Did he think the Chinese man was ugly? Do you see what I say now? It's greatly flawed.

It makes a hell of a lot of difference. The fact that he was a specific skin colour is worrying - it means God chose it specifically. Why?

Or maybe Jesus was but a man of no divinity and his later depictions as being blonde-haired and blue-eyed are culturally relative and manipulative.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You do realise white supremacists have serious issues? And are probably abit mentally unstable..

I merely mention supremacist in order to highlight the point that to win over everyone, you would need to show specific things. Even so, even people who are not white supremacist but are white or non-black would still silently and possibly subconsciously think that the Egyptians were/are advanced because of having white DNA even if they do not come out and starkly say it - even if they're liberal and progressive.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I put a list for you above of some truely great black inventors who have saved millions upon millions of lives. This is no easy feat and deserves noble prizes and they may have got them had there been less prejudice.

Have you been around egyptian folk even? look at egyptian pictures and faces.
Look at their culture. As african as it gets!!!!

Well, so what if people imagine that , the drop of white dna makes a difference. I can tell you this much, it doesnt.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If Jesus did exist then he certainly wasn't 'White'.
Genetically he would have been very little diference, if any, to the Arabs of today.

Seems to me that you are lumping a whole lot of people with a myriad of social, ethnic differences together as one.
There is no more a collective 'African' than there is a collective 'Asian' etc.

Oh, and for the record - there were Black, African Pharaoh's in Ancient Egypt.

I do undrstand the point you are trying to make, I think, but until such a time that Africa has the social and economic climate to compete with other regions of the world things will remain the same.

It seems to me that the leading economies in the world wish for Africa to remain 'backward' and quietely condone, and on occassion encourage, Africa's tendency towards internecine tribal differences and warfare and corruption and exploitation of themselves and other's.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hm well thats your thinking. Not mine, I think as a child of God, we are all children of God. In my eyes that is. Infact its christian teaching that we are sons and daughters of God. The issue isnt what color he was, he was a leader and leaders come in all ethnicities.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Probably ? I happen to know and have known a few and can tell you with out doubt 100% of those. Suffered from Narcissism.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by skalla

I merely want the advancement of the African peoples and African countries. It infuriates me that I am part of a people which is seen as not being greatly advanced. I therefore advocate the great advancement of such a people and their lands and societies and technologies. Why should the African not be at the forefront of scientific research? Why should he not be at the forefront of medical research? Why should he not be churning out advanced technologies fashioned by his great intellect?

Traditions of ancient ancestors are of no use for the African people - hence why I do not understand why so many African people cling irrationally to tribal nonsense and whatnot.

dude get over this idea of separation - dont you see many white people engaged in tribalism? if you dont you just need to open your eyes - eg: cathoilic versus protestant, the english against the french, football yobs fighting each other, any number of european wars etc etc i could go on...

a couple of weeks ago on bbc breakfast news there was an article about graphene (sp?), one of the most amazing of new technologies, and who was the main guy from the team there to talk about it? a very erudite scientist from africa, thats who.

and also - is tribal society neccessarily bad - i would argue that it is not, neccessarily.
do modern cities and technological "progress" etc always equal great benefits in every way? dont be daft!

if you want to know why africans are in your words "seen as not being greatly advanced", then firstly that must have something do do with your own perception..
and secondly - are there other reasons? - well if you cant see the negative influence of history, in which the wonderfully civilised west has played a major role, then i suggest that you go back to the history books and stay there for a long time, sorry

can you really not see any of this

edit on 5-2-2013 by skalla because: ytop

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Now who is talking apples and oranges? The question was about the attraction aspect of things. Pedophiles clame to be born with an unnatural attraction as do homosexuals

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I am bothered by homosexuality is being forced upon us now. I am a married man and my wife don't go to the mall and make out or ignorrant stuff like that. I'm tired of you people invading everything I hold sacred. Now gays are pitching a fit to be in the CHRISTIAN group the Boy Scouts. Leave us alone and keep your unnatural affections in the privacy of your bedroom.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

A monkey may be your relative but not mine. My lineage is all human. You look around at all of the balances heals in check every day that keeps life on this planet and tell me how this happens with no higher intelligence.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Pedophiles are criminals . Criminals are prolific liars. The gays arent liars neither are they criminals they are doing/having consented sex with the boyfs or what ever . You are really twisting the subject.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Guenter

A monkey may be your relative but not mine. My lineage is all human. You look around at all of the balances heals in check every day that keeps life on this planet and tell me how this happens with no higher intelligence.

And that, kids, is how religion can turn a whole human lineage into a monkey.

It's like reverse science, it's fun and you don't have to listen in school.
edit on 5-2-2013 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join