It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Homosexuality is 'un-African'"?? Surely Christianity and Islam is "un-African"??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

well thats another thread, do a search, i think there is a thread of some 50 pages for you to get involved in...
but just for the record we're all different, accept it! i knew from a very early age that i was attracted to women and had the evidence to prove it. stop being so bothered who other adults are attracted to, as long as it's a consensual adult then its none of your beeswax, quite frankly.

edit on 5-2-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by DarknStormy

Okay, but pedophiles ABUSE. Gay people enjoy what they are doing as adults. They indulge happily togeather. See the difference?.. Children dont want to do it.

Of course children don't want to do it, but thats not what I'm saying.. One could make the argument that pedophiles are born that way also. I don't agree with that so why should I agree that homosexuals are born homosexual? Its not like they decided as soon as they popped out and into this world.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Okay when they say born that way, they mean they have a genetic disposition for it. You know the same way you prefer women.. its the same way they prefer men. And this can accur during childhood, teenage years and adulthood. Attraction that is. So again why do you compare it to pedophilia?

edit on 5-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No sexual attraction is a choice, and that includes heterosexuality, homosexuality and pedophilia. Pedophiles dont choose to be pedophiles. Sexual attraction is a reflex controlled by lower subconscious brain. People can only choose to act on it or not.

And this is true regardless if they were born that way or not. It may be the result of hormones or childhood environment, it still does not make sexual attraction a choice in any way.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It has been found that violent criminals. That is predators do have some genetic disposition towards it. Sure... Thats what pedophiles are.

Gays do it as consented adults, and they both enjoy it. And I dont think they abuse each other, from what Ive seen gays seem quite happy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

The poster said prove that gays aren't born gay... Well lets prove that mass murderers, rapists, robbers and who ever else weren't born that way also. Maybe we should stop putting them in jail because they were born that way and theres nothing we can do about it.. I'm not comparing homosexuals to pedophiles, I only used it as an example for the being born part and I believe that if Homosexuals can use that in their defence, then everyone should be able to. It doesn't work for one and not the other.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ahh Uganda, the last refuge for Anglican bigotry

i wonder what the status of homosexual male was in "traditional" african society, i dont recall any role, perhaps, if its genetic, this trait had been repressed?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I merely want the advancement of the African peoples and African countries. It infuriates me that I am part of a people which is seen as not being greatly advanced. I therefore advocate the great advancement of such a people and their lands and societies and technologies. Why should the African not be at the forefront of scientific research? Why should he not be at the forefront of medical research? Why should he not be churning out advanced technologies fashioned by his great intellect?

Traditions of ancient ancestors are of no use for the African people - hence why I do not understand why so many African people cling irrationally to tribal nonsense and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Id id not say "unadulterated African heritage" - rather, of pure unadulterated African descent - namely, being pure Black African (that is, I have no Neanderthal DNA, no Caucasoid DNA and whatnot).

I cannot see what in "African culture" helps the African peoples to advance. I talk of the Black Africans. Even today they still war over tribal nonsense. Do we see here in Britain people warring because of their Celtic heritage and killing and maiming each other. Even Scotland, which wants to separate endeavour to do so in a civilized and democratic manner. They don't buy crappy guns, tanks and rocket launchers and rape and pillage in order to separate. Even Ireland, where there are still separatists and conflict - even they have roads, healthcare and sophistication.

Of course, Europe and America and their societies are not infallible. But, if Africa could have its culture and still be advanced, there would be no argument - however, such nonsense as tribal and whatnot does nothing to help. It only hinders progress.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by skalla

The problem with the OP is that he/she believes that he/she because of "Unadulterated African Heritage"has got a clue about African culture even though he/she was born and bred and grew up in a european country!

The OP should come to Africa and experience for him/herself what he/she has never experienced...the wealth of culture which is Africa!

I am an African with a white skin BUT I am and always will be PROUDLY AFRICAN and gay! More African than the OP will ever be! Born and Bred in Africa!

Secondly, it does not matter about the "wealth of culture" that is in Africa - such does not necessarily mean that it is positive and conducive for the advancement of the African peoples and the human race. This is a time when the world is increasingly global. African peoples cannot remain in past times in large numbers. Sure, there can be small numbers of peoples who cling to old traditions, much like Aboriginals in some countries; however, it is for the majority to adopt more advanced forms of thinking and whatnot.

I mean, will we come to 2050 and Europe, America and several Asian countries will be launching probes and manned probes into the solar system and beyond, whilst a country like Niger for example will just be struggling to launch its own satellite - if that even!

Sure, the African may be creative - but he should harness such creativity in positive manners in order to advance himself and his peoples and the human race. I talk of Einstenian and intelligent creativity; not creativity in a limited sphere of traditions and music.

Really, it is my belief that the African must try twice as hard as every other person. He must succeed in a vehement fashion and exude such qualities as self-reliance and self-determination and be highly intelligent. He must take the mantel and be in the driving seat.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I was merely highlighting that Christianity would be deemed un-African to highlight the irony when the Christian Ugandan MP was claiming that homosexuality is un-African. It was ironic. I do not believe African people should worship anything. I was merely highlighting the irony of what is and isn't African in the eyes of some of the bigots.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by skalla

All I get from both threads is that there is a chip on the shoulder of the OP re: Africa

He/She doesn't like the African attitude towards gays (neither do I) but would like a Nazi style of control over the whole of Africa! Sounds like Pink Triangles might make a comeback if that person had anything to do with it!

I merely have the best interests of the African people at hand. If it was up to some, such as Sir Francis Galton for example, the simple solution would be the entire eradication of the Sub-Saharan African and the repopulation of Sub-Saharan Africa with the "hard-working Chinese".

I don't particularly like the generalised African attitude to many things, not just homosexuality. And when I made a passing reference to Nazi Germany - I was actual indicating that African countries adopt some similar type of ideologies i.e. pride in themselves in order to increase confidence and energy and emphasise strength, intelligence, self-reliance, self-determination - not the whole totalitarian, "kill-the-Jews" part!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by HandyDandy

A couple of years ago I was offered a job in New York, suffice it to say I flew to NY on a visitors visa, got documentation stating that I had a job offer and then had to fly to Canada to have my visitors visa changed a "work permit" to enable me to go back to New York and my job! Once in Canada I went to the US embassy in Ottawa and was quite taken aback when questioned on how I could be from Africa AND be white! Hahahaha!

Sure, you would be African in culture/heritage, but not of actual direct descent. But, like myself - I can call myself British, but I cannot call myself a Briton (typically of celtic etc descent with white DNA/caucasoid etc). In other words, if there was an illness that specifically affected the Black African, you would not get it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

How do we know he was a white man? Its hard enough to get any information about him let alone know what ethnicity he was. I heard he was a Palestinian, not a caucasian. A few paintings and statues in churches doesn't prove it either.

The fact he was of any specific ethnicity is enough to commit it to the flames. Sure, take some of the teaching, but I'm certainly not believing that God specifically chose His only Son and specifically picked out his ethnicity (maybe what God found desirable?) :rolleyes:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP do you have some kind of prejudice against Africa, the other day I recall a thread of yours calling for that total abolishment of African culture to be replaces by what you see as “European values”.

I merely have the best interests of the African peoples at heart. Again, one needs to look at the state of humanity, the state of world affairs. Who is leading? Who is not?

Why was there even a potential for white supremacism to grow? Potential for a Nazi German ideology to grow? Why is black supremacism not even on par? If one was to be a black supremacist, what would I quote - "erm... yeah...we did...we made...." Now, I'm not saying any supremacist ideology is justified or correct - certainly not. However, a white supremacist or an Asian supremacist does have a wealth of evidence to support his ideology, even if such an ideology is not correct.

However, why can the African not be strong, intelligent, powerful, dashing, industrious, self-determined, self-reliant and whatnot? Of course he can! And this is why I advocate the overturning of the current values-system and culture in Africa. I advocate the building of a great African race. A continent that churns out many Newtons, Einsteins, Mozarts, Teslas, Franklins by the year.

If it was up to me, Africa would be THE leading continent. But I do not want to remain in the cosy, mystical reassurance that "Africa will have its time to rise in the future". Why? It is not as if the African peoples are young peoples with limited history. History on the continent stretches back to eons. What on Earth went wrong?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

so now your comparing nazi to blacks. honestly ive heard it all lol

Okay lets list some thing to be proud of and be black. Lets educate you ...

And lets not forget that the egyptians and their advanced knowledge, they are infact culturally very similar to Africans. Extremely so. So stop saying that egyptians are advanced because of a dot of white dna . They have far more incommon with blacks.

African American Scientists

Benjamin Banneker
(1731-1806)

Born into a family of free blacks in Maryland, Banneker learned the rudiments of reading, writing, and arithmetic from his grandmother and a Quaker schoolmaster. Later he taught himself advanced mathematics and astronomy. He is best known for publishing an almanac based on his astronomical calculations.

Rebecca Cole
(1846-1922)

Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Cole was the second black woman to graduate from medical school (1867). She joined Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell, the first white woman physician, in New York and taught hygiene and childcare to families in poor neighborhoods.

Edward Alexander Bouchet
(1852-1918)

Born in New Haven, Connecticut, Bouchet was the first African American to graduate (1874) from Yale College. In 1876, upon receiving his Ph.D. in physics from Yale, he became the first African American to earn a doctorate. Bouchet spent his career teaching college chemistry and physics.

Dr. Daniel Hale Williams
(1856-1931)

Williams was born in Pennsylvania and attended medical school in Chicago, where he received his M.D. in 1883. He founded the Provident Hospital in Chicago in 1891, and he performed the first successful open heart surgery in 1893.

George Washington Carver
(1865?-1943)

Born into slavery in Missouri, Carver later earned degrees from Iowa Agricultural College. The director of agricultural research at the Tuskegee Institute from 1896 until his death, Carver developed hundreds of applications for farm products important to the economy of the South, including the peanut, sweet potato, soybean, and pecan.

Charles Henry Turner
(1867-1923)

A native of Cincinnati, Ohio, Turner received a B.S. (1891) and M.S. (1892) from the University of Cincinnati and a Ph.D. (1907) from the University of Chicago. A noted authority on the behavior of insects, he was the first researcher to prove that insects can hear.

Ernest Everett Just
(1883-1941)

Originally from Charleston, South Carolina, Just attended Dartmouth College and the University of Chicago, where he earned a Ph.D. in zoology in 1916. Just's work on cell biology took him to marine laboratories in the U.S. and Europe and led him to publish more than 50 papers.

Archibald Alexander
(1888-1958)

Iowa-born Alexander attended Iowa State University and earned a civil engineering degree in 1912. While working for an engineering firm, he designed the Tidal Basin Bridge in Washington, D.C. Later he formed his own company, designing Whitehurst Freeway in Washington, D.C. and an airfield in Tuskegee, Alabama, among other projects.

Roger Arliner Young
(1889-1964)

Ms. Young was born in Virginia and attended Howard University, University of Chicago, and University of Pennsylvania, where she earned a Ph.D. in zoology in 1940. Working with her mentor, Ernest E. Just, she published a number of important studies.

Percy L. Julian
(1899-1975)

Alabama-born Julian held a bachelor's degree from DePauw University, a master's degree from Harvard University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Vienna. His most famous achievement is his synthesis of cortisone, which is used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.

Dr. Charles Richard Drew
(1904-1950)

Born in Washington, D.C., Drew earned advanced degrees in medicine and surgery from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, in 1933 and from Columbia University in 1940. He is particularly noted for his research in blood plasma and for setting up the first blood bank.

Emmett Chappelle
(1925-)

Born in Phoenix, Arizona, Chappelle earned a B.S. from the University of California and an M.S. from the University of Washington. He joined NASA in 1977 as a remote sensing scientist. Among Chappelle's discoveries is a method (developed with Grace Picciolo) of instantly detecting bacteria in water, which led to the improved diagnoses of urinary tract infections.

James West
(b. 1931)

James West was born in 1931 in Prince Edward County, Virginia, and studied physics at Temple University. Specializing in microphones, West went on to author 200 patents and more than 60 technical and scientific publications. In 1962, with Gerhard Sessler, West developed the foil electret microphone, which became the industry standard. Approximately 90% of microphones in use today are based on this invention and almost all telephones utilize it, as well as tape recorders, camcorders, baby monitors and hearing aids.

Philip Emeagwali
(b. 1954)

Born in Nigeria in 1954, Philip Emeagwali's determination to succeed grew out of a life of poverty and little formal education. An expert in mathematics, physics, and astronomy, Emeagwali won the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers' Gordon Bell Prize in 1989 for an experiment that used 65,000 processors to perform the world's fastest computation of 3.1 billion calculations per second. Emeagwali's computers are currently being used to forecast the weather and predict future global warming.

Aprille Ericsson
(b. 1963)

Born and raised in Brooklyn, N. Y., M.I.T graduate Aprille Ericsson was the first female (and the first African-American female) to receive a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Howard University and the first African-American female to receive a Ph.D. in engineering at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Ericsson has won many awards, including the 1997 "Women in Science and Engineering" award for the best female engineer in the federal government, and she is currently the instrument manager for a proposed mission to bring dust from the Martian lower atmosphere back to Earth.

African American Inventors

Thomas L. Jennings
(1791-1859)

A tailor in New York City, Jennings is credited with being the first African American to hold a U.S. patent. The patent, which was issued in 1821, was for a dry-cleaning process.

Norbert Rillieux
(1806-1894)

Born the son of a French planter and a slave in New Orleans, Rillieux was educated in France. Returning to the U.S., he developed an evaporator for refining sugar, which he patented in 1846. Rillieux's evaporation technique is still used in the sugar industry and in the manufacture of soap and other products.

Benjamin Bradley
(1830?-?)

A slave, Bradley was employed at a printing office and later at the Annapolis Naval Academy, where he helped set up scientific experiments. In the 1840s he developed a steam engine for a war ship. Unable to patent his work, he sold it and with the proceeds purchased his freedom.

Elijah McCoy
(1844-1929)

The son of escaped slaves from Kentucky, McCoy was born in Canada and educated in Scotland. Settling in Detroit, Michigan, he invented a lubricator for steam engines (patented 1872) and established his own manufacturing company. During his lifetime he acquired 57 patents.

Lewis Howard Latimer
(1848-1929)

Born in Chelsea, Mass., Latimer learned mechanical drawing while working for a Boston patent attorney. He later invented an electric lamp and a carbon filament for light bulbs (patented 1881, 1882). Latimer was the only African-American member of Thomas Edison's engineering laboratory.

Granville T. Woods
(1856-1910)

Woods was born in Columbus, Ohio, and later settled in Cincinnati. Largely self-educated, he was awarded more than 60 patents. One of his most important inventions was a telegraph that allowed moving trains to communicate with other trains and train stations, thus improving railway efficiency and safety.

Madame C.J. Walker
(1867-1919)

Widowed at 20, Louisiana-born Sarah Breedlove Walker supported herself and her daughter as a washerwoman. In the early 1900s she developed a hair care system and other beauty products. Her business, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, amassed a fortune, and she became a generous patron of many black charities.

Garrett Augustus Morgan
(1877-1963)

Born in Kentucky, Morgan invented a gas mask (patented 1914) that was used to protect soldiers from chlorine fumes during World War I. Morgan also received a patent (1923) for a traffic signal that featured automated STOP and GO signs. Morgan's invention was later replaced by traffic lights.

Frederick McKinley Jones
(1892-1961)

Jones was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. An experienced mechanic, he invented a self-starting gas engine and a series of devices for movie projectors. More importantly, he invented the first automatic refrigeration system for long-haul trucks (1935). Jones was awarded more than 40 patents in the field of refrigeration.

David Crosthwait, Jr.
(1898-1976)

Born in Nashville, Tennessee, Crosthwait earned a B.S. (1913) and M.S. (1920) from Purdue University. An expert on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, he designed the heating system for Radio City Music Hall in New York. During his lifetime he received some 40 U.S. patents relating to HVAC systems.

Patricia Bath
(1942-)

Born in Harlem, New York, Bath holds a bachelor's degree from Hunter College and an M.D. from Howard University. She is a co-founder of the American Institute for the Prevention of Blindness. Bath is best known for her invention of the Laserphaco Probe for the treatment of cataracts.

Mark Dean
(1957-)

Dean was born in Jefferson City, Tennessee, and holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Tennessee, a master's degree from Florida Atlantic University, and a Ph.D. from Stanford University. He led the team of IBM scientists that developed the ISA bus—a device that enabled computer components to communicate with each other rapidly, which made personal computers fast and efficient for the first time. Dean also led the design team responsible for creating the first one-gigahertz computer processor chip. He was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame

Read more: African American Scientists & Inventors — Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Im not quite understanding why to be advanced you need white DNA. Homosexuality is subject to the government and its position regarding it. Not generally the people. It has nothing to do with black or white, homosexuals come in all ethnicities.

Next, Egyptians werent civilised due to white DNA. Infact I used to hang out with egyptians and culturally they are very African. Africans are highly creative people.

Lets look, black people advanced the computer, so I doubt you would be using such an updated computer if it wasnt for an african with 100% DNA. They invented your shoes, they helped make the planes better, so if this isnt civilised I dont know what is.

The leader is saying its "unafrican" because hes trying to encourage people there not to be gay, just as a russian leader might say its " unrussian" its called propoganda. And propoganda is used in many different ethnicities and religions .

Where on Earth did I say you needed white DNA to be advanced? Dear Lord, how ridiculous! What I said was a white supremacist could use such arguments as I mentioned before.

I understand homosexuality is a human thing - Id o not dispute that.

Again, I do not count Egyptians in what I mention. I talk of Black Africans. Again, refer to what I say of the warped white supremacist arguments that could be use.

It's all well and good that we say "Africans are creative peoples" - creative like what? Like who? Einstein? Mozart? The great inventors of history?

Certainly, Black Africans are extremely intelligent, contrary to what statistics would say - but if countries are constantly warring and women are being raped and society is constantly going back and forth in progress, will there be any time to think of building the next computer or inventing an advanced jet engine when you're constantly being moved? No.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

so now your comparing nazi to blacks. honestly ive heard it all lol

In what way have I said that? Please tell me.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Read the above of what Blacks have invented and tell whats NOT to be proud of. This is a wealth of brains going on here. And again shut up that egyptians are advanced due to a dot of white dna. Ive hung out with egyptians and they are very african in lifestyle and even thinking.

Rape is universal. I would be just as worried walking in a group of white men as I would black men. Sexual assault is a human issue/problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Funny.

I always thought Jesus was Mediterranean and that it actually didn't matter what he was genetically.

To assume Jesus was white, then debate what his anscestry actually was, is to miss the point entirely of what his teachings are for.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiing ana miss!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join