Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iran astronaut

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he is ready to take the risk of becoming the first human being sent into space by Iran, national media reports. "I'm ready to be the first Iranian to sacrifice myself for our country's scientists," the official IRNA news agency quoted him as saying on the sidelines of an exhibition of space achievements in Tehran on Monday. Iran said it sent a monkey into space one week ago, describing the launch as a successful step towards Tehran's plan to send an astronaut into space within the next five to six years. The monkey named "Pishgam", which means pioneer in Farsi, reportedly travelled 120km and safely returned to Earth.

www.aljazeera.com...

Actually he doesn't look like he's in the shape he needs to be in for this endeavor..lol stay tuned!
edit on 4-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I saw this story this morning, and had to re-read it thinking I wasn't awake yet.

Perhaps he wants to go into space with:

www.guardian.co.uk... tation

Sarah Brightman's voice, beloved by audiences and renowned for its three-octave range, rocketed to fame more than two decades ago as the heroine of The Phantom of the Opera. Now the world's biggest-selling soprano is heading to outer space.

Makes ya wonder..................

"Twinkel, Twinkel, little star........

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"I'm ready to be the first Iranian to sacrifice myself for our country's scientists,"

Doesn't sound like he's too confident about his chances of surviving re entry :/

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'd bet his ship would mysteriously be shot down..Oops I mean malfunction upon re-entry. Or he could end up being the best suicide bomber ever.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Well, if the crazy bastard was nutz enough to do it, and came back in one piece, he'd be a hero.
How come Putin never tried these antics? Guess flying with endangered Cranes just doesn't cut it these days...
edit on 4-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Brilliant, this sounds like a win win to me. It has my full support!! Best place for him really, he gets to be a martyr and will be the only one hurt in the process. I'm thinking a lil' oopsy with the return software, and everyone is happy.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Why does this sound like something that the Onion would put out?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

McCain's joke

Reacting to Ahmadinejad's space ambitions, Republican US Senator John McCain posted on his Twitter account: "So Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iranian in space - wasn't he just there last week?"

Send up McCain or Ahmadinejad... Either one is fine with me.

new topics

top topics

join