It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Actual Ten Leading Causes of Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The US Government reports the ten most common diseases that lead to death but those statistics don't explain how we got the diseases. Another list referred to the "Actual" causes of death blames us for not exercising and diet. Then there is the list of government industrial complex causes of death which is pretty comprehensive. By that mean in the end they get most people. There are about 2.4 million people who die each year and about 2.2 million of those deaths can be explained by this list. Each number indicates the number of deaths per year.

1. 450,000 Deaths Medical Errors (350,000) and Lack of Insurance (50,000) - The most common medical errors are medical personnel not washing their hands and adverse drug reactions that could be prevented by more system checks. There is a system lack of quality of care in many areas. For example, in the US its seven times more likely that your diabetes is out of control compared to Spain. Who profits from this? Insurance companies and hospitals (700 billion per year ).

2 443,000 Tobacco Who profits tobacco companies who don't have to pay for the damage they cause (203 billion per year).

3. 400,00 Lack of Exercise Which Causes Obesity This is one or only two you can do something about. Exercising also improves your immune function and increases your mental alertness.

3. 200,000 Poor Diets That's excluding obesity-related deaths. Obesity is the person-blame but everything in the middle of a grocery story is going to kill you in some way.

4.85,000 Alcoholism

5. 80,000 Pollution-related deaths

6. 65,000 Work Stress related deaths. Don't kill yourself for the company and now they encourage it.

7. 59,000 Workplace injuries. Avoid jobs that kill (Most are now reality shows)

8. 55,000 Know that most violence is caused by social control and avoid being controlled.

9. 36,000 Consumer Product Deaths. Avoid the latest gadget for your kid without checking. Read about and make sure that your parents have the right furniture and carpets to avoid falls. You must become a health and risk avoidance expert. Falls are the number one killer in this category

10. Traffic 17,600 non-alcohol related deaths per year. Our roads are killing zones. Get a safe car, be an alert driver and avoid as much as possible high risk road structures and high speed traffic situations where you put your life into someone else's hands.

Think carefully about your work and where you want to live. It's all about mental alertness and planning.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I still can't believe the American health system sucks so much...

In fact, I still can't believe the American average standard of living full stop...sighh.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
HMMMM

Interesting that MANY other sites disagree with your list

From the Center for Disease Control

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

1 Heart disease: 597,689
2 Cancer: 574,743
3 Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
4 Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
5 Accidents (unintentional injuries): 120,859
6 Alzheimer's disease: 83,494
7 Diabetes: 69,071
8 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
9 Influenza and Pneumonia: 50,097
10 Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364

CDC.GOV

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

Based on the supposed source (the US Government) I would have bet money that "Assault Weapons" would have been on that list somewhere.

I'm going to need to see a reference!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can't believe this, here's why. Even given the birth of new life on a daily basis. If we have 300 million people in America and 2.2 Million die Annually in Aprox. 130 there would be nobody left. That's 2.5 Generations. I feel these statistacal numbers tell only the story of the person who has an agenda to uphold.

So i'm to believe that these numbers are still true? NO WAY JOSE!

I did like the post though Star for you

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
and watching beyonce during the superbowl

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Boo to my typing.... Aprox 130 yrs. Everyone would be gone.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That's bull.
Where are the billions that die everyday because they injected marihuana in their buttocks?
Where are the gazillions that die everyday thanks to them pesky terrorists?

What? Aren't those two the greatest threats to the god-chosen people?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The commonest cause of death in the Western World is reactions from CORRECTLY prescribed and taken pharmaceutical medication.

My GP (who's family owns a string of phamacy stores) tells me that over 85% of ailments that people take medication for can be fixed with simple diet and lifestyle changes, which people are unwilling to make.

link   
No talk of genocide and war. Shocking!

Of course they wouldn't dare list the 262 million people that have been murdered by their own governments in the last 100 years.

Such things must be swept under the rug.

link   
Seems to me that any source of lists could be jaded in one fashion or other.

If I lose my job, get drunk, then die of alcohol related liver failure, what does my death certificate say? Schlerosis.

If I live in a war zone country (take your pick) what is that doing to those average statistics? Classified.

I saw a nurse on TV say, "We are all meant to grow old, get sick and die.... sorry about that". She would know.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
and watching beyonce during the superbowl

... or anything by that other female vocalist, Justine Beiber!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
That's bull.
Where are the billions that die everyday because they injected marihuana in their buttocks?
Where are the gazillions that die everyday thanks to them pesky terrorists?

What? Aren't those two the greatest threats to the god-chosen people?

I have heard that a lot of Americans die snorting coke (but I can't see how they can stand having the bubbles get up their nose)?

Perhaps they get nasal diabetes. Can you get that?

edit on 4/2/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

I have to hand it to ya that you brought us a list from an "independant" new source.

I do believe the number one cause of death is that it's your time to go.......

Ever watch this?

www.spike.com...

The Most-Deserved Deaths On 1000 Ways To Die

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So is dying whilst in the military a 'workplace injury'?

Is committing suicide because you finally realize you're been a tool for the corporate AH's who really run things, after you come back from overseas and end up with PTSD a case of 'workplace injury', 'suicide', or democide (death by government)? Where are the democide stats in this list?

What about if you used to 'work for the government' but now find yourself a homeless vet and end up losing your life to an overzealous cop who doesn't like you sleeping on a park bench?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Why didn't Marriage make the list.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I have heard that a lot of Americans die snorting coke (but I can't see how they can stand having the bubbles get up their nose)?

Perhaps they get nasal diabetes. Can you get that?

Uses for Coke

Peruse it, and then wonder.................
edit on 4-2-2013 by 9number9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by 9number9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Your calculation ignores the fact that people get born.
You need to subtract the birth statistics from the death statistics to get a net figure of population decline or increase.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The CDC has NO credibility whatsoever.

They do not CONTROL disease.

In fact it does just the OPPOSITE.

Confused? See my sig quote.

EDIT: The data from the OP and the list from semperfortis are totally different yet they both list the CDC as the source. Anyone no WHY?

The CDC is just another Illuminati front organization:

"The CDC would be the last place in the world to go for information regarding health. The CDC is a government bureacracy funded by theft (taxation that has reached confiscatory levels) and run by white collar criminals who regularly misinform and misdirect the public while creating pandemonium in the marketplace (unnecessary destruction of livestock, recalls etc) and conspiring to incite public panic on an almost daily basis, in violation of the constitution of the United States."-- Dr Duffy DC

"Asking the CDC to look into vaccine safety is like asking the fox to guard the chicken coop."-- Dr Bernard Rimland

"The CDC did two studies, one study on diabetes and one on asthma.............The studies represent pure junk science that is primarily propaganda."-- Bart Classen

www.whale.to...

edit on 4-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Typical government release. Blame it on the citizens and say nothing about the unhealthy food chemistry allowed and pushed on the public. Every year many people die for one reason or another. I just would like to be healthier while I live. It's not death that bothers me it's the quality of healthy life while I'm alive that is important. This article does not even start to address that. What are the true reasons all this is coming down. Look at the things these things have in common. Keep blaming tobacco for all the problems and now blame the people working in the hospitals. Blame,blame,blame....That is what the government does. Yet they allowed risky business that caused all these problems like resistant bacteria to form from the chemicals used in the agricultural industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join