Obama giving speech on gun control in Minneapolis, Minn.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I never saw a more pre arranged, staged and scripted dog and pony show. It was delivered during the day when people are at work. Police lined the background. Yaah, the police. The teleprompters were out of view so it looked like he was speaking from the heart. The room was filled with proponents of gun control. The audience cheered every point.

The points were nonsense. Defend the children. Get guns off the street. Police shouldn't be "outgunned". Ban "assault" weapons. Limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds.

Very one sided media bias on the assist. He said there is a growing consensus.

Sure is.

Watchout for that blowback.

link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It is sad to see that the leader and his supporters of a great nation, if not the greatest of our times, blaming tools INSTEAD of directly and honestly tackling the ROOT problem of violence - mental health and social issues that had caused the deaths of so many innocents not only in USA but the world as well.

As long as we refuse to remove the blinders from our eyes and continue to blame the tools, the violence isn't going to end nor the innocent dead piling up around us all.

Removing tools is not that difficult. Place a ban on all tools and 7 billion humans on earth will be placed behind bars within days.

I gues spending and actions on research, education and ellicitating/motivating humankind upon the path to non-violence, resolving harmful social issues and anger management is far more difficult, more time consuming and have less political gains......

edit on 4-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Mental health is an issue, but guns make it very easy for a mentally ill person massacre innocent people. Give them a different "tool", like a knife, it would be alot harder to kill.

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Understanding executive orders and the powers they grant

Obama is bypassing all legal routes to issue laws by making executive orders in such a way that no other branch of our government will have a say. That was originally the strength to American government, that the president ( executive branch ) would not have the power of a tyrant, as his power would be balanced by the legislative ( congress ) and judicial branches. What he is doing is trying to pass law on his own, bypass any congressional approval or judical ruling ( not like they don't meet behind closed doors anyway though ). He will be able to do this by 'playing to the people' and with enough media coverage backing him the people will not question what is happening. Although I can't speak for the member you were responding to, that is most likely what was the issue being addressed.

Such 'plays to the people' and 'media coverage backing him' that I speak of are instances like the orignal post of this thread is concerned with mentioning. His speech in Minneapolis is but one in a much larger scheme of things.
edit on 2/4/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I never saw a more pre arranged, staged and scripted dog and pony show. It was delivered during the day when people are at work. Police lined the background. Yaah, the police. The teleprompters were out of view so it looked like he was speaking from the heart. The room was filled with proponents of gun control. The audience cheered every point.

The points were nonsense. Defend the children. Get guns off the street. Police shouldn't be "outgunned". Ban "assault" weapons. Limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds.

Very one sided media bias on the assist. He said there is a growing consensus.

Sure is.

Watchout for that blowback.

You could apply that to most political speeches. Oh wait, it's Obama, we must find something to hate about him.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Once upon a time, dynamite was a commonly purchased and used tool too. You could buy it in any hardware store.

Shouldn't we still be able to buy dynamite whenever we feel like it? How did we ever let it come to this?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Back to Obamas the police are outgunned comment a comment that deserves its own thread really

Which makes the law abiding citizen the least armed group in this country because unlike some they actually follow the law.

The food chain in the country

Military-->police--->crinimals------> law abiding gun owners.

Go on defend that stupidity GO ON.

The police need more power to "serve and protect" where they are clearly not serving and protecting they are trying to make policy right along the Potus where the policy has already been made:

Shall not be infringed!.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I think the best way to even get a shot at a firearm of your choice, you'll have to attend a gun show. I specifically had a Kel Tec PF9 in mind for home defense, and future CCW. Everything is on back order, it's going to be hard to find any semi autos and CCW pistols right now. There are still a lot of handguns to buy, still lots of Glocks on the market.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Presidents before him, to a man, were generally seen and not heard but on important things.

And this was a good thing? Haven't folks been conplaining about the bubble for years?

I can't recall any President prior to this one peddling actual policy to the public at the exclusion of even speaking with Congress, let alone working with either side of 'The Hill'.

Hmmm...It does seem strange to me that it ?irks you? that the president is actually driving policy via the people rather than playing inside baseball in the DC bubble?

This is what he said he would do. A 2nd term driven by the people...cuz Congress has lost complete touch with the people, refuse to compromise and has a lower approval rating than any time in history.

It just occurred to me on this...how odd. He did all he can do as President with his 23 executive moves. He can now try and convince Congress .... but they aren't in Minnesota. They're the other direction...back where we hired him to be...in Washington and down the road from his house.

The only voice the GOP listen to is the voters..They'd like to see the President impeached...so the President actually going to the people to move policy? that bothers you? It seems strange to me.

He is merely the salesman for policies that are not his own... He has demeaned the office.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Oh wait, it's Obama, we must find something to hate about him.

Nice try. This isn't about Obama. Its about the drive by certain elements in the government, law enforcement and the media to strip all Americans of their right to defend themselves from enemies without and within. That is the game plan and this little "whatever you call it" is just another demonstration of that.

But go ahead and accuse dissenters of hatred and 'personal attacks'.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, in '94 they might have had a point about police being outgunned. Back then you still occasionally saw police with revolvers instead of glocs, and the only part of the police department that had an AR was the swat team. Now you never see a cop with a revolver, there are plenty of police departments that issue ARs to officers other than tactical teams. Also, the MSM controlled the dialogue much more then than they do now. I don't know anyone who limits their news to the big 4 +CNN anymore. We all have our pet news and opinion sources that we go to beyond the MSM now, and they are by no means on the same page as the MSM. We punished at the midterm the party that pushed the '94 AWB and I can see that happening again.

In ninety-four we were just entering what most people felt was going to be a multi-year economic expansion. In 2013 we're in the middle of what (without the rediculous amount of .gov deficit spending) should be more properly termed a depression.

Keep pushing gun grabbers, I really don't think you've thought this through, or you are so convinced of the power of the State that you are willing to ignore the lessons of history. On the other hand, I know that there are lots of smart people on both sides of the American political schism who are smart enough to see the unsustainable things that they would never mention in a campaign and sometimes wonder if they want to push an issue to insurrection so that they don't get the blame for the next economic collapse.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Mental health is an issue, but guns make it very easy for a mentally ill person massacre innocent people.

What about soldiers? Are they "mentally ill"? Or just trained?
What about angry people? They lose control and kill all the time. Then later they are sorry. Its about loss of control and intent, not inanimate objects people might use to harm others.

Give them a different "tool", like a knife, it would be alot harder to kill.

How about a Mac truck? Or a gallon of gasoline and a road flare?

Restricting law abiding gun ownership will only make it that much easier for murderers to murder. You do realize that schmuck chose a school full of children because he was reasonably sure there were no guns there to stop him? He didn't attack a police station or a gun range. You noticed? Okay, good.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by Indigo5

Understanding executive orders and the powers they grant

Obama is bypassing all legal routes to issue laws by making executive orders in such a way that no other branch of our government will have a say.

You need to look up the meaning of Executive ACTIONS...He didn't issue any Executive Orders on Gun Control.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Nice! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it seems that the media put a blatant spin on his 'actions' and labeled them 'orders'. I am wondering how much that truely matters to the response I had given recently in this thread, as far as I can tell it makes no difference in the scheme of things.
edit on 2/4/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by Indigo5

Nice! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it seems that the media put a blatant spin on his 'actions' and labeled them 'orders'.

Yes...a certain bias media did just that. What does that tell you? As for "executive actions" they specifically are limited to enforcing laws that are already on the books.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Too damn funny EO's/E actions "were" needed to make sure those people who were in charge of enforcing those laws to start enforcing those laws!!!

If they weren't doing it the first time what makes anyone think they will be this time?

Oh Obama sitting on stage and putting ink to paper is supposed to "make all the problems" go way.

Priceless.
edit on 4-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
And I'm sure if any patriotic Americans witnessed that speech, they promptly went to their local gun shop afterwards to place an order for a new firearm.

This is the conspiracy that no one mentions..

The Gun Manufacturers pay the NRA...

The NRA fear monger about the end of the 2nd Amendment, twist and spin the conversation and shout about how the President will take away all the guns.

And the Gun Manufacturers get a mamoth return on thier investment to the NRA with a huge uptick in panicked gun sales...buy now! before they are all gone!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

it seems that the media put a blatant spin on his 'actions' and labeled them 'orders'.

Good eye. I got that too. Thats one way the media reveals their bias. They make it sound like an "emergency meeting" and present it like its what everyone expects and needs (according to them).

When really all that hype will have to boil down to a bill in congress that must be passed by majority vote in order to become law.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

He is merely the salesman for policies that are not his own... He has demeaned the office.

You know who doesn't vet policy through the people? Tyrants.

You guys crack me up......oh no...he's involving the actual "people"!!

The vitriol is schitzophrenic.

link   

Originally posted by eXia7
And I'm sure if any patriotic Americans witnessed that speech, they promptly went to their local gun shop afterwards to place an order for a new firearm.

So in your mind people can only be a patriotic americans if they buy guns??

why don't you just make it compulsory...all in the name of "freedom" of course??

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So what about all the fear mongering by the potus, and the police today eh?

Ban all the bad things to make the children "safe",.

Oh never mind that doesn't fit in to the false narrative being spun by the White house.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join