It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Exodus natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Heres a question..... just because it might have been natural, why does that prove that god wasnt involved?

If you believe in an all powerful god, you have to think that maybe he uses natural forces to exact his will sometimes. If he is in charge of the universe I think he can handle a couple of weather systems as well...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I believe that the events of Exodus are real. The question is why would God harden Pharaoh's heart? The Pharaoh's of Egypt told the people they were Immortal sons of the Sun God Ra and the people believed them. You don't see a time in Egypt where the Exodus is explicitly revealed by Egypt herself but you do see the Pharaoh loose the title of Immortal son of God at some point.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
Heres a question..... just because it might have been natural, why does that prove that god wasnt involved?

If you believe in an all powerful god, you have to think that maybe he uses natural forces to exact his will sometimes. If he is in charge of the universe I think he can handle a couple of weather systems as well...

Sure but then that would be indistinguishable from nature and not seen as a God.
Oh look water runs downhill so there must be a God. Rather a God of the Gaps that.

Are staffs that turn into snakes natural phenomenon just being used by God?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I believe that the events of Exodus are real. The question is why would God harden Pharaoh's heart? The Pharaoh's of Egypt told the people they were Immortal sons of the Sun God Ra and the people believed them. You don't see a time in Egypt where the Exodus is explicitly revealed by Egypt herself but you do see the Pharaoh loose the title of Immortal son of God at some point.

How does that justify God killing/murdering the innocent instead of the guilty?

Do you think that to be a good form of justice from God or evil as it appears to be?

As above so below.

Would you be doing good or evil if your son was punished for what you do?

You might want to view this before you answer.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You can't questions the morals of God without excepting what he says as true. If you don't believe in what he said is true than to pick apart what he said is foolish.

Some things that you need to understand before you question God about Job or Exodus.

1. No one is innocent, not one.
2. God Punishes everyone he loves.

If you cannot grasp or at least accept these two concepts than you cannot grasp the concepts in the bible. It really is this simple.

If you can accept these two things than you can see that God was teaching discipline to his servant Job. Proving that he loved Job, and understand Job also received twice is much after because he remained faithful to God through his discipline.

The children killed by God are not the ones to suffer. They died in their sleep; the day of their judgment came that night. We should all pray to die in our sleep. God was proving to the people and to Pharaoh that there was only one God. And that God was not something visible like a man but rather something that cannot be seen. I am pretty sure Pharaoh knew he was not literally the immortal son of the God Ra.

Since he refused to repent and turn to the truth he and the people that believed him were punished. Proving that they were also loved by God, because he punishes all that he loves.

You can't pick apart the bible anyway you choose and expect to understand anything it says. You must first accept many concepts that are difficult to understand as truth. This is faith, believing in that which is difficult to understand. God wants you to understand him but you refuse to accept the building blocks of the book that he provided.

Until you stop judging the bible and start listening to what it says you will not find the truth in its pages. He has given you all the tools you need and explained the difficult to understand things simply. Even though I don't completely understand the two points, and many more, I accept them as truth. Once I was able to accept them then the rest of the message became clear.

edit on 8-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You are part of this club.

www.youtube.com...

I have to go now to do as your God did and beat the tar out of those I love.

vimeo.com...

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join