Homer's I LOVE AMERICA thread (nothing to see here trolls, move along...)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
More vids!

I know, sorry, couldn't resist the obvious reference...

As george says: Be happy, don't be proud

And to quote a great historic troll (from YT's summary):
"The cheapest form of pride however is national pride. For it betrays in the one thus afflicted the lack of individual qualities of which he could be proud, while he would not otherwise reach for what he shares with so m...any millions. He who possesses significant personal merits will rather recognise the defects of his own nation, as he has them constantly before his eyes, most clearly. But that poor beggar who has nothing in the world of which he can be proud, latches onto the last means of being proud, the nation to which he belongs to. Thus he recovers and is now in gratitude ready to defend with hands and feet all errors and follies which are its own."
- Arthur Schopenhauer
edit on 4/2/2013 by drakus because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Our troops do our fighting,uphold our nations' constitution

Sadly i think a few would disagree on the "upholding the constitution" bit there. As it gets whittled away at bit by bit, i can't see any soldiers making such a stand that would protect it. Even as vets are being prosecuted over these new laws, everyone is just standing by whilst it happens. That's not upholding the constitution, that is watching whilst it is bent over and....well you know.

That said.....i love pretty much all of the good things that come out of the US.

I have learnt a lot being a member of this site, and made such great friends. The US, like most countries, is a beautiful place mostly, with some amazing people.

Yes like most countries, the administration we could do without, but the rest of it gets a thumbs up from me.

Nice thread Homer.

CX.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do not take pride in nationality or race. For nationality and race are given, not earned

Take pride, therefore, in your accomplishment, in your industry, in your art, and in your charity.

For these are things of which you have control, of which you earned.

To pride yourself of nationality or race is the errand of a fool

And the pride of entitlement is a foolish pride...

edit on 4-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since I have been old enough to listen (Vietman).I have heard other people, country"s say America is on it's last leg.That we are a people divided.Well it may be that we are sometimes divided.

That is what makes us great,Like I said in the 60's and 70's it was Vietman,in the 80's it was the cold war and huge national debt,the 90's and 2000's now it is a combation of the two.Our rights have been a issue since the Whisky Rebellion.But guess what we are still here.The best thing we have going and I Know this is fact.That raise one hand against this country.We will put all diferences aside and deal with the matter at hand.This next video sum's it up better that I can.

edit on 4-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I did say in a previous post that the America we have now,
is not the same America that I grew up in.Our country is
being destroyed from the inside out,starting at the top of
the heap.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I do like being an American, it's just sometimes I want to move away. To where you ask? Another dimension would be cool, or realm.

'this land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the New York island; from the red wood forest to the gulf stream waters....this land was made for you and me.' -woody Guthrie

Sometimes I wish I knew how to post videos on here but oh well. And I also sometimes wish that song was our national anthem.

I do love this country it just seems to be falling apart sometimes.

Peace and love to you my fellow American
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I agree with so many who say that where we are and where we are headed are getting to be scary territory.
I still love this place, always will.
Here is a picture of a Denali Grizzly. I am hoping to find one good (free) Denali photo, I will be back if I do.

Found one! This is one of my favorite places in the world, right here in USA!
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: found a mountain pic
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)
I cant seem to fix the other one, but it is worth a view for anyone who feels like copy & pasting.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Mt._McKinley%2C_Denali_National_Park.jpg/320px-Mt._McKinley%2C_Denali_National_Park.jpg[ /img]
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: trying to fix pic
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: maybe this will work...
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
here ya go

I love Alaska, its the most beautiful state in this country as far as I am concerned. I loved it there when I was stationed there, and as soon as my son becomes an adult, I'm moving back and retiring there
edit on 2/5/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thank you!!
It is gorgeous! I love Alaska and wouldn't leave for anything.
I have to admit though there are alot more like minded people here than most places I have been.
I hear public conversations all the time that mimic so much of what is said here. It is comforting.

Denali is breathtaking! Sorry I was wrestling kids into their daily tasks, and had to give up. Thanks for finding it for me.

That view is so much better even in person
I have stood where the person in the photo is. Thanks for bringing back some memories too.
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: added last line

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've driven the Richardson highway from Fairbanks to Anchorage many a times when I was stationed at Ft Wrainwright. I loved the place. I left in 1996 and missed it since

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Homer, it's good to know another fellow patriot. I am with you 100% my brother.

Thanks for the wonderful thread!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh -- and S&F of course...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Thank you brother

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join