It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes the cheaper way

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by HIWATT
The next step is to dig up part of your back yard and grow your own tobacco, without the Radioactive Phosphate Fertilizers used to grow the stuff in that ziploc bag you have there.

So my friend, it there tobacco you can buy that won't make my lungs glow in the dark?

I'm not from the US but another member in this thread mentioned "American Spirit" as being an organic brand of tobacco.

With the deluge of "false advertising" when it comes to anything organic these days, I may have my suspicions though.

Grow your own and remove all doubt I say.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I started doing my own after I retired in 2005. In about 10 min. I have a pack. I have the crank machine and they work real good. Sure helps to stretch the pension. Truth be known guys, we should all quit this bad habit. But what the hell would Philip Morris, RJR and the rest of the big ones do then. Like we give a rip. Crooks !

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

The next step is to dig up part of your back yard and grow your own tobacco, without the Radioactive Phosphate Fertilizers used to grow the stuff in that ziploc bag you have there.

So my friend, it there tobacco you can buy that won't make my lungs glow in the dark?

I'm not from the US but another member in this thread mentioned "American Spirit" as being an organic brand of tobacco.

With the deluge of "false advertising" when it comes to anything organic these days, I may have my suspicions though.

Grow your own and remove all doubt I say.

American Spirit was marketing an organic blend but not in a can... The local tobacco shop had it for awhile so I tried it.. I decided to continue smoking their 100% U.S. Grown Natural blend in the dark blue can because it has a lighter flavor and in the can it is much cheaper..

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When I did some time at a homeless shelter, the smokers would have rolling parties and they'd all roll their cigarettes at the same time. Amazing, they found the money to smoke and it had priority over a lot of other things in life. So, yeah, if you want to look to other smokers like you're broke, roll them.

The asinine idea would be to buy yourself some candy cigarettes. Less than a buck a pack. Suck on them while you quit smoking.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

It seems like people like you would deny anyone something that comforts them. Isn't it enough that they're homeless? Do you have to take away every last thing that eases their pain?

Besides, it's already been emphasized that this thread is about RYO, not about the control of something that is 100% legal.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
When I did some time at a homeless shelter, the smokers would have rolling parties and they'd all roll their cigarettes at the same time. Amazing, they found the money to smoke and it had priority over a lot of other things in life. So, yeah, if you want to look to other smokers like you're broke, roll them.

The asinine idea would be to buy yourself some candy cigarettes. Less than a buck a pack. Suck on them while you quit smoking.
I've been in situations where I saw numerous non smokers decide to light up and enjoyed it... The reason was that they had sense enough to know that when you have had nothing to eat in days cigarettes will help to stave off hunger... The guys at the homeless shelter probably have few luxuries and look forward to simple things like coffee and their smokes.... If you want to look poor you don't roll your own smokes, you bum them from those that can afford to buy them prepackaged... I don't worry about looking poor but I don't like inferior tobacco with fillers and chemical additives... If you want superior additive free cigarettes with charcoal filters you have no choice but to roll your own.... Candy cigarettes have high fructose corn syrup in them and will cause liver and pancreas failure as do cold drinks and most processed foods. I'd rather indulge in using tobacco than using either of those products.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Homer, you have pretty much converted me to your way of smoking, but I have one puzzling question which I cannot answer using Google.

Are the cigarette tubes, like Gambler, etc. that we would stuff tobacco in FSC or not? My main reasons for converting would be 1. cheaper cost, and 2. to get away from the FSC crap.

If anyone can answer this please reply, I can't find a definite answer, just others on random forums asking the same question as me, but dated years ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

What's fsc?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I beleive it's "fire safe cigarettes"

They do something to the filters, if you look closely, a FSC tube has tiny but visible rings of something on it. Some kind of chemical they put on it. Sadly, at least here, tubes you buy all have it on them now by law. I am not sure if it's also on rolling papers, it's been a long while since I used them.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yup, the tubes I have have those on em

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh, to whoever mentioned the orange peel, wow. It works awesome, I had some crunchy tobacco toward the bottom of the bag, I put a orange peel in and 2 hours later it was moist as new. Tasted pretty good too

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You gotta get yourself a real cigarette machine. for forty bucks you can roll 18 cigarettes in about five minutes, less than the time it takes waiting in line at the gas station to get a pack. I get Largo pipe tobacco @ about 12 bucks for a 12 oz bag. with two boxes of gambler filters it comes out to less than ten bucks a carton.

Man, in a SHTF scenario, that's like printing your own money! What a great trade commodity! (especially if YOU don't smoke)....this is so now on my list!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was thinking the same thing lol

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
it costs me 32 dollars for 50 grams in Australia.

wish I could grow my own. but its illegal.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
While you're at it, try putting a good dose of lemon balm in it.
And that's all i am saying.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
reply to post by MrKipling

Don't mean to sound dumb lol,,,but how the heck does that thing roll a cigarette? I use one of those cheap fill and slide deals.

Hehheh no problem I can see how you would be confused.

It basically rolls them one at a time..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

That's pretty neat!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Oh, to whoever mentioned the orange peel, wow. It works awesome, I had some crunchy tobacco toward the bottom of the bag, I put a orange peel in and 2 hours later it was moist as new. Tasted pretty good too

Bit of apple works just as good

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I might start making my own, definitely save money

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For the past few weeks, I been smoking the bags of tobacco I got duty free coming over the border. To my surprise, the price of a sack of tobacco jumped a whole 10 bucks in that time period..... from 14 to 24, insanity. Now even the cheaper way is getting absurd up here.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join