It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes the cheaper way

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lostsock
Make sure it's the right plant first, don't want to end up accidentally smoking some hemlock or some crazy poison plant

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Would be cheaper to switch to an e-cig (or e-cigar or e-pipe) if you prefer those to cigs).

You could even make your own blend of nicotine liquid if you wanted to from plain old bulk bought vegetable glycerine.

You could grow your tobacco leaves, steep them to extract the nicotine, concentrate it down and mix it with the glycerine to make a tobacco flavoured liquid that contains nicotine (there are instructions all over the net about this).

If you decided to keep the nicotine separate from the glycerine and only add it in small batches, you could also use the glycerine in other ways during a survival situation.

You could use it as i said in an e-cig (Solar battery charger required or in an emergency, just drip it onto a fire heated spoon and inhale the vapour) and you could also use the glycerine as a sweetener, as a medicine, as a soap component (mix with lye / fire ash) as a preservative, as a lube (including THAT kind of lube)...there are many uses for it.

So really, in a survival SHTF situation, you'd be better off with an e-cig / vapouriser / mod and glycerine mixture.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Old thread revived, I see.
I have been rolling my own for about 1 1/2 years, and I have come to hate needing to buy a pack anymore.
I use a top-o-matic roller, The Good Stuff (Gold) for tobaccy) from N. Carolina, and Gambler tube cut kings.
I used to smoke camels, but these taste so much better, and like some previous posters mentioned, I don't get that effin' smokers cough anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentucky75
Cigarettes cured my asthma ...yes folk it did.
i started smoking when i was 16 year's old i had asthma so bad i was on meds and would even turn purple in my sleep and have to be rushed to the hospital.
I started smoking due to peer pressure..ever since my first hit i have never had a asthma attack knock on wood that's been close to 30 years ago.

I even told the doctor's what i started doing ect. they told me to stop smoking it was bad for my health..
Living with asthma almost every day of my life was a living hell.... and almost died numerous times in my sleep from it.

So they came to the conclusion i over polluted my over sensitive lungs or something like that..instant cure for asthma.yeah side effect maybe cancer...but the meds they give aint any safer are they?

That's interesting if you had asthma in the nineteen thirties, the doctor would tell you to start smoking. If you showed signs of Alzheimer's up into the seventies the doc would also tell you to start smoking as it protected the cells. It was also noticed that that the nicotine gets changed into vitamin B3. The lack of it causes, a condition that mirrors schizophrenia. I think its time for smokers to vote these prohibitionists out.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join