It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY's new gun laws already taking dangerous criminals off the street.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Decorated Combat Veteran Arrested In New York: Charged With 5 Felonies For Possession of AR Magazines.

In the latest attack on the American people, a decorated War Hero has been arrested and charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon, for having empty 30 round AR-15 Magazines in his vehicle.

On Sunday January 6th Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was driving through Jefferson County New York when he was randomly pulled over for a vehicle check. Haddad, who had five 30 round empty magazines in his possession, was arrested by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and charged with five felony counts.

According to Haddad’s brother, Michael Haddad, Nathan thought these magazines were legally made before the New York Assault Weapons Ban. When Nathan Haddad was arrested the new ban had not even been fully enacted yet.

Thank goodness they got him. Imagine what he could have done with those empty rifle magazines. What if he actually owns one of those evil looking guns!?

Note to the military, youre not "fighting for my freedoms" by invading resource rich nations overseas. If you want to protect my freedoms, start right here at home.

The police should be ashamed of themselves for enforcing these ridiculous laws. I'm going to call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and question them about this. Of-course when I call, I'll do it from a payphone and tell them my name is John Smith.

edit on 4-2-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Amazing how we arrest people who don't need arresting.
While the real crooks & liars are writing our laws and getting away with screwing us out of our freedoms.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

How to get criminals off the street?

Pass laws making law abiding citizens criminals, and just round 'em up.

Now, that's Progressive.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Ayn Rand talked about this, an over regulated, over taxed society. Turn everyone into a criminal. Soon it'll be illegal to cross the street. Never mind...

A jaywalking ticket has been issued in New York City.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The police should be ashamed of themselves for enforcing these ridiculous laws.

Dont blame the police. They are there to uphold the laws of the land. Blame the politicians. Who make the laws of the land

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

The police should be ashamed of themselves for enforcing these ridiculous laws.

Dont blame the police. They are there to uphold the laws of the land. Blame the politicians. Who make the laws of the land

No, blame the people who VOTED the politicians into office to make the laws of the land.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So being in the army exempts you from following the laws?

It amazes me how people worship veterans as if they can do no wrong. No one forced them to join the army, it was a decision they made on their own.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My friends friend was just recently arrested for something similar (IN NJ)

link is here: Link

They make him sound like an evil 'terrorist'

I met the guy once, a very happy-go-lucky persona. Not unstable at all, and he's been an active activist around here.

I see this type of thing continuing.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

No, blame the people who VOTED the politicians into office to make the laws of the land.

I would have but I do not really think it makes much difference anymore. They all seem to do whatever the want to anyway when they get in.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Ayn Rand talked about this, an over regulated, over taxed society. Turn everyone into a criminal. Soon it'll be illegal to cross the street. Never mind...

A jaywalking ticket has been issued in New York City.

Is that the same Ayn Rand who had an unnatural fixation on a serial killer who dismembered a child? Some hero. The girl knows her criminals though...lol

Ayn Rand: Sociopath Who Admired a Serial Killer?

The best way to get to the bottom of Ayn Rand's beliefs is to take a look at how she developed the superhero of her novel, Atlas Shrugged, John Galt.

Back in the late 1920s, as Ayn Rand was working out her philosophy, she became enthralled by a real-life American serial killer, William Edward Hickman, whose gruesome, sadistic dismemberment of 12-year-old girl named Marion Parker in 1927 shocked the nation.

Rand filled her early notebooks with worshipful praise of Hickman. According to biographer Jennifer Burns, author of Goddess of the Market, Rand was so smitten with Hickman that she modeled her first literary creation -- Danny Renahan, the protagonist of her unfinished first novel, The Little Street -- on him.

WrightWing is for The Byrds. And yes, I do mean the Alfred Hitchcock horror film.
edit on 4-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

join