It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming message from Erie County NY Sheriff PBA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Sounds to me like this Erie County, New York Sheriff's Department may qualify for a drone strike in the not-too-distant future.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
Then again though they do still have to enforce it and enact it but its good to see them coming out strongly against it.

Pennsylvania has a bill in progress that will make it so the state does not have to enforce federal law.
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...
(that same info is available on multiple sources - that was just the first one that popped up on Google when I searched for that info)

The truth of the matter is that from cops to military (current marines, army, etc) there are a lot of people that are against this, have lost faith in America, and will fight (and risk their lives) for the 2nd amendment.

I'll fight too. Will you?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
One would think that the leader of a nation using weapons of war without going through the proper channels would be a bit more scrutinized. No declaration of war, no justification. This amounts to high treason , grow some Senate and put this impostor/criminal where he belongs! A drone is a weapon of war!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nice find. This does make things interesting.
My local Sheriff has also came out against further gun control laws.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nuke_c

Yeah I am not gonna hold my breath for my local sheriff, have not heard a peep out of them yet. Maybe I will have to take a drive over there, it's about 3 miles from my house. But I will continue to support them as I always have. They are the one branch of law enforcement that has always done right by me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Counties that have passed anti-SAFE act resolutions Herkimer County 1/23/13 Link Warren County (Thanks Robertesq1) 1/25/13 Link 1 Link 2 Fulton County 1/28/13 Link Ulster County??? Link Link 2 Lewis County 2/5/13 Link Orange County 2/7/13 Link Hamilton County 2/7/13 Link Yates County 2/11/13 Link Wyoming County 2/12/13 Link Madison County 2/12/13 Link Schoharie County?? Link Rensselaer County 2/12/13 per thekid_1 Link Tioga County 2/13/13 Link Livingston County 2/13/13 Link Cattaraugus County 2/13/13 (Thanks kab85) Link Washington County - date unknown Link Putnam County - possible win? Link If anyone has more info on this please let me know. Counties currently working on anti-SAFE act resolutions Oswego County to vote 2/14/13 Info More info Ontario County to vote 2/14/13 Info Better info Ulster County to vote 2/19/13 per goodorbit Link Erie County to vote 2/21/13? Info More info Jefferson County vote date to be determined Info St. Lawrence County considering resolution Link Delaware County working on resolution for 2/27/13 per Prominus. Wayne County see page 8 Link Montgomery County Link Last Updated 2/14/13 1:19 am

Kinda came out as all lumped up when posting will have to see if I can smooth it out later on, but these are the current counties in NYS either with passed safe act resolutions or pending ones. Just goes to show this is above and beyond just some angry hicks shaking their fists in the air. So far 21 counties out of 55 I believe. This is gaining traction.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If this is true, I say Bravo!. I love it when Sheriffs, or any law enforcement, say No to these types of infringements. I would give a lot to see an Illinois official stand for the Constitution and not bow for political gain.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Oh it's true, it's more an local way of the people and the reps to give the governor the finger but it does mean a lot in the long run in the fight against this. It at least lets us know that they are willing to back up the citizens and they don't intend on enforcing laws that are unjust. There is just so much confusion right now and a lot of tempers are flaring especially when it comes to the local media coverage on this issue. They seem to like to report things half assed like always and never ask the important questions.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well it seems my county Niagara will be voting on this on tuesday 15th. Always late to the party. I will be there to see what happens. It would be nice to be added to the list of counties against the new law.
www.niagaracounty.com...

It's about half way down the pdf for those interested.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
For anyone following this thread I posted in another thread on this topic that Niagara County pass unanimously to repeal safe act. Major victory here in my state. We are now sitting with about 42 out of 60 some counties passing the same thing to repeal this act.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am so happy to see widespread opposition to the misnomered SAFE act in NY, moved out long long ago because of big government and union control of jobs.

There is hope yet for NYS - now just have to vote the bums out on their butts

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I think this was the major event we have been waiting on to get people off their butts here. Slowly the people are demanding their state back. And I will be so happy when these laws backfire on Albany.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

When the travesty was passed in the dark of night I read NYS constitution and found it one of few that has no "individual" right to bear arms mentioned. Big surprise there right? it only had reference to state controlled militia. This is much of why your legislature acted as it did.

Your only legal protection is US constitution and the doctrine of "supremacy" that doctrine may be knocked down for this or many other valid reasons in the future and it will leave you at total mercy of your state government.

I suggest either amending state constitution rather quickly or move somewhere else that has the "individual" right in its constituion - this at least affords dual protection no matter if the courts rule "states rights" or "supremacy"

I applaud the various Sheriffs who stand by their oaths not only in NYS but across the country as well as the various manufacturers who have refused to sell their goods to NYS.

I hope enough is enough and people from all over the state with a commom cause can band together to wrest control back from the down-statists. Ever thought of surgically removing NYC and making it into a district for the fiscally,mentally and politically insane? It'd give a place for those of that ilk from Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse a place to emigrate to where they can practice running each others lives to their hearts content.

Meanwhile leaving the rest of the state alone.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
And finally we have Erie county reporting in added to the list of counties not supporting the Safe Act. Kinda funny that Coumo was in Buffalo Ny today for a speech on the economy, job creation etc. Final tally 7-4 I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join