It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming message from Erie County NY Sheriff PBA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So a local radio personality well known I should add even in places around the country. WBEN Tom Bauerle Show posted this on his facebook page alluding to something coming down the pipe to keep an eye for in the news. If it comes out as truth it will be a huge blow to the new gun law and one hell of a good thing for the general public especially in these times we are in, with all the worry about gun grabs etc.

Hmmm...for real? Coming to a paper near you... To: The citizens of Erie County From: The Erie County Sheriff’s Police Benevolent Association. The Erie County Sheriff’s PBA is the organization that represents the men and women of the Erie County Sheriff’s Police Services Division. All are sworn Deputy Sheriff’s and certified New York State police officers engaged in criminal law enforcement throughout Erie County. All have taken an oath... to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Our membership, like many citizens of New York are outraged at Governor Cuomo’s unprecedented attack on our second amendment rights. Since 1977 three Erie County Sheriff’s Deputies have been murdered and three wounded by gunfire in the line of duty. In addition two deputies have been forced to use deadly force to defend themselves from lethal attack by criminals. There is a widespread misconception that law enforcement officers favor additional restrictions on firearms ownership by law abiding citizens. Nothing could be further from the truth. Rank and file police officers see every day the aftermath of violent criminal attacks on defenseless victims. The uniformed police officers paraded out as window dressing during the signing of these laws are simply lap dogs seeking to further their own political ambitions. The right of self-defense is an inherent right bestowed upon us by our creator. It is not granted to us by elitist politicians like Andrew Cuomo and Sheldon Silver to be denied when they see fit. Do not be misled; the second amendment is not about hunting or target shooting. It is about the right of law abiding citizens to defend themselves and is the last line of defense against an over reaching and tyrannical government. The NYS Safe Act was rammed through the legislature by Cuomo ignoring the usual three day requirement for elected representatives to be able to review the legislation and receive feedback from their constituents. It is nothing more than a tool used by Cuomo to further his personal political ambitions. This law will do nothing to reduce violent crime, as it is painfully clear that those intent on victimizing others will ignore its provisions. It will simply create more victims. It is time for all New Yorkers to wake up. We must confront the societal breakdowns which cause the type of horrific mass shootings incidents we have recently seen, many of which are directly caused by the very policies that politicians like Cuomo seek to advance. On January 24, 2013 the Erie County Sheriff’s PBA unanimously passed a resolution of non-support for the NYS Safe Act. We will work tirelessly to see this law overturned. We commend and will support those elected officials with the courage to oppose this misguided law and condemn those that did not. We are citizens first and police officers second. We do not pick and choose which amendments of the United States Constitutions we will uphold. Politicians who swear an oath to uphold the constitution should do the same.

www.facebook.com...
www.wben.com...
edit on 4-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: include a link to wben page for people without facebook

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow, it appears there is a fight brewing over this then.

If you have the cops against it that certainly looks bad for the politicians.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

Indeed it does, I am impatiently awaiting it to be reported in the local news though so it's more "official" but Bauerle is a pretty stand up reputable kind of guy with a lot of connections for this kind of info. So I trust his word on it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Then again though they do still have to enforce it and enact it but its good to see them coming out strongly against it.

Probably the next couple of weeks will be critical since it will either become a priority while it goes through the courts or people will simply forget about it.

I read the legislation and its really more stupid then anything overtly dangerous but it should still go down in flames. Especially the way they passed it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Can you provide some kind of summary or give us a general idea as to its content vs one giant paragraph/run-on sentence.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Can you provide some kind of summary or give us a general idea as to its content vs one giant paragraph/run-on sentence.

Thank you.

That is the only way I could copy it from facebook for the people who don't have facebook account. Sorry but it was the easiest way to copy said content within the sites guidelines. Basically the Erie Co sheriff PBA is saying that they refuse to acknowledge the new safe act put forth by NYS. Have a read it will be worth your time. Again sorry if it really bothers you that much, it wasn't my text and I wanted to keep it as original as it was posted where I got it from. And no it's not a runon sentence there are periods in there.
edit on 4-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Explanation: ....

On January 24, 2013 the Erie County Sheriff’s PBA unanimously passed a resolution of non-support for the NYS Safe Act.

We will work tirelessly to see this law overturned.

We commend and will support those elected officials with the courage to oppose this misguided law and condemn those that did not.

We are citizens first and police officers second.

We do not pick and choose which amendments of the United States Constitutions we will uphold.

Politicians who swear an oath to uphold the constitution should do the same.

Note I have edited the above summary to bold and underline for emphasis and to space for ease of reading.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for that OP S&F

Could be the start to something more. If it is how a lot are putting it... That New York is the "Testing State" for these laws, The Sheriff's are very brave, I wonder if there would be a shoot out if the Feds came for the Sheriff's guns...

Curiouser, Curioser.... Another piece of the puzzle falls on the table.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Not that I am rambo but I would stand behind them and have their back. And I am willing to bet many others would to. If NY is the testing bed then good luck were ready to fight, we have rolled to many times in the past.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Does this mean that their officers aren't going to abide by the 7-round magazine limit as they were not excluded from the requirement in the law as originally passed? Or has the NY legislature amended the measure to exclude police officers by now? Cuomo ignoring the 3-day rule was one sure sign of political pandering and furthering one's own career - more self-aggrandizement. I certainly hope these and other responsible officers in NY state are able to effect change, but have little confidence of their success given the state's political climate.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Thanks for that OP S&F

Could be the start to something more. If it is how a lot are putting it... That New York is the "Testing State" for these laws, The Sheriff's are very brave, I wonder if there would be a shoot out if the Feds came for the Sheriff's guns...

Curiouser, Curioser.... Another piece of the puzzle falls on the table.

That would never happen. It would be essentially an official declaration of war by the rogue anti-freedom politicians on the US people, which includes ALL police, and even if a general told troops to back up the rogue government goons, there would be mass non-compliance and probably a mutiny within the ranks, which would probably lead to a military coup. Defeat would be inevitable for the rogue government regime in power at this time.

DECEPTION and DECEIT is the PTB only chance of winning. They cannot win any other way, thats why its so vitally important to spread information and educate everyone we can.

edit on 2/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I am filled with hope for my state. NY is not lost. Thanks for this. I was getting worried. Seems like they were just organizing.

Thanks guys. You are a blessing, where ever you may be.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It seems the good people of NY are drawing a line in the sand.
I think anyone with two braincells knows progressives could care less about the 2nd. You can only fool people so long. When you see the president using a shotgun you know you are being played for a fool.

I believe the progressives screwed up big time and they are acting to fast. They should have waited another 20 years and used the everybody wins generation to enact this plan. But progressives are arrogant. They wanted to use this tragedy and figured peoples apathy and fear would let them get a huge foot in the door. Guess they were wrong.

Progressives will always fail and ya wanna know why? They are weak of heart and they flap in the wind like a plastic bag. Pathetic does not even come close to describing just how lacking they are. They can not even agree amongst themselves. I believe the Nazi party was the best showing progressives have put up. I do not believe they can top that.
edit on 4-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

It appears as of right now nobody wants to touch this law with a 10 foot pole and for good reason. If you stop in and ask a specific question of the State Police(who were put in charge of this thing) they tell you I don't know, or refer you to the 1800 hotline they have setup. You call the hotline they tell you either 6 different answers on 6 different calls or simply say they don't know. Noone wants to own up to anything. It's like another healthcare bill, everythings a big mystery. We have local gun shops taking down personal info from people in order to purchase ammo when the system won't be up and running for several years yet. It is just a mess. Theoretically right now as the law stands you could take an ar15 for example upper and sell it someone because it's not a registered item only the lower is, then you could sell the same person a lower without a buffer tube, stock, or pistol grip on it, file the paperwork through a dealer, then sell them all the other parts as well, but you cannot sell a complete gun? Facepalm. But even dealers right now won't touch anything because they don't want the law to come down on them in the near future. Phewwwwfff End rant.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I agree, I would do the same. Living in Chicago and seeing what's happening in New York.... It's like a waiting game. And i've been trying to keep up with everything that's happening in New York as a Pre-Cursor to larger events to come.

Sooner or later someone's gonna wiz on the electric fence and set the alarm off.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Thank you.

It says they have decided to not enforce the Safe Act. I think this is huge and hope that it shows other jurisdictions how to handle this unlawful unconstitutional crap. Politicians be aware, your wish is not our command.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Yeah I wish my local sheriff would make a statement already. Seems he is no where to be found on that topic. If anything nows the time to band together you'd think for the police, at least it seems it would be in their best interest.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: I didn't realize the idiotic way the date is registered until now

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Well, I see it has been over 48 hrs since you posted this thread. Let's have an update. Has this letter actually been published in a paper or filed at the courthouse or anything else that would indicate it's authenticity? Or, have you abandoned the thread because it has turned out your "famous" reporter of this is just full of BS?

Its only been 5 hours.

Math fail.
edit on 2/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

My mistake I read it as having been posted on the second.
edit on 4-2-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join