It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throwing people away for things

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Thank you!
I love that
! If only there were more real friends out there.

Have a beautiful day!

OK, that is just weird, I typed out this response above and went into my pantry to get a snack for the kids, I felt something in my hoodie pocket, and lo and behold, it was my $20 bill. I have no idea how it got there, I have been wearing this all day too. HMMM. I wonder if my honey put it there, I will have to ask him.

edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: My

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, and am currently witnessing it firsthand, and have witnessed it in the past over and over again. I won't get into the details, but it really makes me mad. I do not know if it is a sense of entitlement, but I think much of the problem stems from capitalism. The fact that our society is the way it is, and is all about taking advantage of others for profit, means that people without any moral compass will take all they can, while giving as little as possible. I don't really understand it, and I am of the younger generation, being only 26. But I have seen people of all ages do what you describe.

My grandma has taken in so many family members and friends who were down on their luck over the years, and every single one of them treats her like crap. She still will do anything she can for any of them though, and although I have attempted to explain to her why she shouldn't, I think she believes that being a good Christian means that she is supposed to forgive, etc. Being relatively familiar with theology, I tried to explain to her that forgiveness and taking advantage of someone are not the same, and that just because you forgive a person does not mean that you keep letting them take advantage of you. At least that is how I understand it, and that is what I believe. There comes a point when you HAVE to look out for yourself and your family, in my opinion, because you have an obligation to both yourself and your immediate family before anyone else.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Absolutely, you can forgive someone who is no longer in your life.

I agree it stems from the sense of entitlement, I really don't understand the inability to work for what you need. I also see the lack of real jobs to support people, but there is always something to do to help yourself and others. It is the lack of personal responsibility that seems to be a major issue. Too many people are oblivious to the harm that they cause.

I appreciate your response, sorry I didn't respond sooner myself. Love that sweet lady that you have in your life and buffer her from the junk as much as you can without dragging yourself down too. Have a beautiful day!!

PS the $20 was replaced by my honey, it was just rolled up against the seam all day I guess.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join