It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbies to the discussion, UFOs, links, and people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
For me, the eyebrow began to rise when I first heard Gordon Cooper say this...

In an interview with OMNI magazine in 1980, he said that he believed these craft to come from a “technologically advanced civilization.” He went on to say, “From my association with aircraft and spacecraft, I think I have a pretty good idea of what everyone on this planet has and their performance capabilities, and I’m sure some of the UFOs at least are not from anywhere on Earth.”

That aroused my need for more so on with my search when I just happened to be listening to Kerrang on that day and heard Edgar Mitchell's interview. www.youtube.com...

I'm also a believer of Ancient alien visitation, surely man never built all those monoliths on Earth without outside knowledge right? we'll never know...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Help an ATSer out, wouldja?? If we can, take it from the basics for a newbie to the subject. As if it was someone you wanted to open the subject up to...

Hola Advantage, when it comes to the UFO subject, this is an interesting one from the historical aspect:

This presentation about government documents and this one about media complicity are also worth a watch.

Dr Michael Swords also gives some good advice for researchers here and lists some important UFO literature, a few more have been added below and some can be found free online or don't cost much.

•'UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry' by Michael Swords and Robert Powell
•'The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects' by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt
•'The UFO Evidence Report' by NICAP
•'The UFO Experience - A Scientific Inquiry' by Dr J. Allen Hynek
•'The Hynek UFO report' by Dr J. Allen Hynek
•'UFOs and the National Security State Vol 1' by Richard Dolan
•'Clear Intent' by Barry Greenwood.
•'Firestorm' by Anne Druffel
•'Project Bluebook Special Report 14
•'An Analysis of the Condon Report' by Dr P.A. Sturrock
•'Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects' - US House of Representatives,1968
•The investigatory reports of Dr. James E. McDonald published in AIAA, Icarus and other peer-reviewed journals

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here are some links for you. :-) www.abovetopsecret.com...

and videos...

Simon Parkes and a friend talk about meetings with ETs in this part 3 video. They tell of their true agenda... at least for the ones they met. Begin 11:43 mark...

In part 4 Simon undergoes hypnotherapy and remembers things the aliens were wiping away from his memory...

And... here is a friend who has spoken with the ETs who now has his own website which offers answers to about any question you may have. If not, I'm sure you can use their email address and ask...

www.the-starpeople.net...?lang=de

Good luck in your quest.

edit on 2/4/2013 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 2/4/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Do you need a historical outline?
One that shows the basic events in UFO history, that you could then use as sign post to delve deeper into the subject?

In other words, do you want to do actual daily reading here?

You will find that ATS is full of deniers who do not like UFO's and they want them to go away. They are only here because they get their kicks arguing with people. So they come here to argue what their ego will not allow them to believe, that there is someone smarter than them on Earth. They argue with those who have had experiences or those who have not but can still see thru the governments lies.

I am here everyday wasting my time having to skim thru the clueless to read something that is worth while. I would rather help someone with an open mind by giving them a crash course on the subject. I can easily post enough prewritten topics to get you up to speed real fast.

Let me know if that is something you wold be interested in.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Or maybe you just want to watch videos?

If you have a blue ray player you can plug an inexpensive cable from the back of it into your internet hub. Or even do it wirelessly. You can then watch Youtube on your TV for free.

If you and your daughter like to watch TV together you should go to Youtube and type in the search box
"UFO TV"

That will give you a hundred good documentaries on the subject.

The video above that Karl12 posted is very good. This link below will be one of the best you will ever see.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We are Rigel4....... UFO's are futile.

Alien life/civilization a mathematical certainty!

Visiting Earth / A mathematical improbability!

/

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I try not to waste time with specific theories about who's doing what and why because I don't think anybody really knows. there is probably so much going on all at once that it doesn't really matter. It's like the thing with observing a quantum particle, how you change it when you pay attention to it? I like to focus on more tangible subjects for proof of et's. that's what the Starchild Skull is and now with the more recent information on the morphology of the brain, you'd have to be completely numb to not be able to put all the forensic evidence together and come up with alien, most likely classic small gray. No way around it. and that's a lot to take in let alone trying to absorb the entirety of the whole subject of ET.

a good video of the most recent starchild lecture in London

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't give hawking any credibility on the subject whatsoever. What is he basing his hypothesis on? human nature? he is anthropomorphizing aliens which is probably a mistake in this realm. so we can agree that due to probability one, the universe is most likely teeming with life and segments of it such as those in the Kardeshev Scale are able to do things we can't even imagine. They are most likely not only aware of us and our pathetic state of perpetual violence and war but they more than likely stay away from us due to our unpleasant company. If they wanted to eat us they could have a long time ago. If they wanted the planet there is nothing stopping them. I don't think they function like we do* so Hawking can go suck eggs.

on the contrary we probably act a lot like one group of them called the Anunnaki who the Sumerians say created us as slave workers to build their cities and cater to them as gods, always with one or more of them claiming to be the "one and only" while forming us into armies killing one another. I would put money on it that it is true just because of how messed up we are as a terrestrial species with no real niche and our total dependence on technology.

edit on 4-2-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
For me, the eyebrow began to rise when I first heard Gordon Cooper say this...

In an interview with OMNI magazine in 1980, he said that he believed these craft to come from a “technologically advanced civilization.” He went on to say, “From my association with aircraft and spacecraft, I think I have a pretty good idea of what everyone on this planet has and their performance capabilities, and I’m sure some of the UFOs at least are not from anywhere on Earth.”
What UFOs?

See "In search of Gordon Cooper's UFOs" and other well-researched articles about Gordon Cooper here:

space age myths and legends

Gordon Cooper UFO-related stories
2008 Note-of-Interest: Why Would Cooper Tell Such Tales?
Reply to Cohen critique (2003)
Cooper saves shuttle with relayed telepathic warning from space aliens
Cooper’s Gemini Stories Versus NASA History Archives
Cooper’s Imaginary Gemini-5 Meteor Attack
Cooper Garbles McDivitt’s UFO Story
Massive Effort To Locate Cooper UFO Report
1997 - Wall Street Journal on Cooper’s Business Disasters
1984 - The Hunt For Gordon Cooper's UFOs
Area 51 and Gordon Coopers "Confiscated Camera"

Originally posted by gortex

Most of the so called experts in this field are not to be trusted as they generally just spout rubbish to sell their latest book , there are some who retain credibility and in my view Dr. Richard F. Haines is one of those .
Great Interview with Dr Richard Haines
I agree with the charlatans trying to sell their books, and while Haines doesn't belong on the "hall of shame" with those guys, I nonetheless still find him somewhat biased and find problems with some of his statements analyses and conclusions as a result...same with Bruce Maccabee. They are OK as sources to consult, but not completely trustworthy sources of truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey girl-crush.

As a good intro I'd click on anything by Jkrog08 or Karl12. Both have managed the UFO chronology thread and are FSME

Loads of good posters, and in those threads you'll work out who else to click on. But there are more maniacs than researchers so beware

For uber lazy Newb who cant be bothered reading, like me...Jkrog and I did a pretty silly/amateurish podcast series 'Introduction to UFOLOGY' where a UFO Geek like himself, tries to teach the uninitiated about that weird world

I cant listen to them again since he passed away, but go for it, for the quick and nasty version.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hola Arbitrageur, fair comments there and I suppose it could be argued that everyone's a bit bias when it comes to superimposing their preconceived ideas onto the UFO subject -that's probably why objectivity is so important.

He did make this comment that I completely agree with and the interview describing some of the 3400 pilot reports he's collated is a pretty fascinating one, especially when the incidents involve aspects like radar confirmation or EM effects.

“Although I do not yet have enough reliable information concerning the relevant characteristics of the UFO phenomenon with which to form a scientific judgment of its “core” identity, I do believe that the phenomenon is objectively real; i.e., I believe that the many thousands of eyewitnesses around the world are experiencing UFO phenomenon in a manner very similar to the way any other human with normal sensory capabilities would perceive it if they happened to be present.”

Dr Richard Haines, NASA Research Scientist (Gemini, Apollo, Skylab)

There's a link here to a recent presentation Dr Haines gave to the French Air and Space Academy on the subject of UAP and aviation safety - can I ask you if you think aviation safety is a relevant factor to the UFO subject?

Also you mentioned 'completely trustworthy sources of truth' in regard to the UFO subject, can I ask who you had in mind?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
There's a link here to a recent presentation Dr Haines gave to the French Air and Space Academy on the subject of UAP and aviation safety - can I ask you if you think aviation safety is a relevant factor to the UFO subject?
As I'm sure you know, Dr Hynek came to believe that some UFOs were not of this world, but he found that pilots made poor witnesses to such events. It has been suggested that perhaps it is the safety issue that causes pilots to tend to interpret observations in a manner that promotes the safety of their aircraft and crew and passengers, even if those interpretations are erroneous. Pilots tend to be good at identifying known aircraft but poor at identifying unknown objects especially astronomical objects according to Dr Hynek.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

One of the world’s first genuine UFO investigators, Allen Hynek of Northwestern University, came to believe that some encounters really could have otherworldly causes. But he was much more skeptical about the reliability of pilot testimony. "Surprisingly, commercial and military pilots appear to make relatively poor witnesses," he wrote in "The Hynek UFO Report."

Hynek found that the best class of witnesses had a 50 percent misperception rate, but that pilots had a much higher rate: 88 percent for military pilots, 89 percent for commercial pilots, the worst of all categories listed. Pilots could be counted on for an accurate identification of familiar objects — such as aircraft and ground structures — but Hynek said "it should come as no surprise that the majority of pilot misidentifications were of astronomical objects."
In audio recordings of communications between air traffic control and pilots I've listened to, it is apparent that pilots have the difficulty described by Hynek. Other people in the recordings even identified the objects that the pilots were seeing, and the pilots still considered them unidentified, after dismissing the obviously correct identifications.

But there are a few interesting cases, like the 1973 Coyne incident and the 1976 Tehran incident.

Also you mentioned 'completely trustworthy sources of truth' in regard to the UFO subject, can I ask who you had in mind?
I didn't have anybody in mind...I haven't found anybody who is completely unbiased. Everyone seems to be biased one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I didn't have anybody in mind...I haven't found anybody who is completely unbiased. Everyone seems to be biased one way or the other.

I don't care either way, but I'm a nobody so I don't count

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You may be the first such person I've found then...

I wasn't even excluding myself....and I've changed my bias on the issue after doing more research. Of course I try to be unbiased, but I admit my former bias was to think some UFOs are ET and now I'm biased to think there is a whole lot of "puffing" going on by people trying to make cases sound more sensational than they really are, especially those trying to sell books or otherwise promote their agenda whatever that might be. For example, even the Iran case I find so interesting, led me to claims that there were maintenance issues with the aircraft that could explain the malfunctions, so there may not even be electromagnetic interference as claimed.

So an open-minded person will consider both alternatives...the electrical problems could be so-called "electromagnetic interference" or they could be simply electrical failures due to problems with the aircraft...but it's common for people to want to believe one or the other and that's just one example of commonly observed bias.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Looks like the OP is getting bombarded with UFO-related sources.
But it would probably be better to start with a single book, by an unmistakably credible source, right? And for that, my recommendation would be Dr. J. Allan Hynek's "The UFO Experience" .... FWIW.
edit on 6-2-2013 by TeaAndStrumpets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I watched video series that ended with his regression and see alot of programming by the dark side or more renegade type ETs in his life. And so really hope he pulls away, sets boundaries. Hard for him, they've got him convinced he is one of them, and that he has ties with a feline woman for thousands of years, which is doubtful. Not that there are not highly evolved spiritual felines...

Aside from some horrific experiences with darkhats under the earth, and this elitist cold programming they put in him concerning greys and the small greys, and the concept of destroying them. And sharing a pyramid system that extends upwards, stacking forever. This is their distortion, for its actually twin vortex, with infinite equality and progression and empowerment of all, abundance and eutopias vastly superior to the regression and scarsity/pyramids. We're in the middle ground/testing ground mirror. And the controllers/slavers may gain power over us by placing us in smaller boxes, than they are. But we're growing bigger, out of the duality altogether when we choose Peace and Love and get a handle on our anger and negative squares in our biology and tests, bigger than they are in this place.

Pyramids have a limit, a line the don't cross over.

In any case, couldn't help but wish him awareness and freedom, from all of this that is heavy on him.

When I was reading the part about him as a child in the hallway, with humans cluttering where they shouldn't be, and his disdain for the small greys, something happened that was wonderful. It was almost like being pulled or a projection. I was saying small greys are mischief, and then....

We were aboard, a group of preteen peter pan type kids/anime kids, combo, but it was wonderful. In costume, with pixie dust and zooming throughout the craft with light swords raining light everywhere, freeing humans and greys. I poked outside the craft and angels were there and saw crafts taking the prisoners away. There was nothing they could do for we stood in infinity, laughing all the way. Mischief, this is the mischief. Humor, Love, Freedom, Equality, and Rescue mission complete.

But it was vivid. and almost had the quantum physics 2D, ie. it was like an anime, but felt as if I was astrally there, and yet the light we were raining down was erecting it into 3D. Like a laser does to create the hologram.

And I thought, yeah that is the humor of the small greys. Looks like the jokes on them.

Break free of any disdain or pyramidal thinking, its shadow, distortion, and still the pool to look in, no ripples or disturbances to shining love and light clearly, and with humor.

I don't want him stuck with that group, to overcome that connection with Love, Light, Humor, Grace, and Equality.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Toxicsurf

Or listen to some podcasts, either on ATS or,
The Paracast
Dark Matters Radio
Binnall of America
Radio Misterioso
...to name a few....

I'd add a few others which take a more rational approach:

Podcast UFO
Big Picture Science
Mysterious Universe
The Grailen Report

edit on 29-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

While I listen to many others also, I certainly wouldnt say Martin Lewis or the Gralien guys are any more rational. Everyone has their own biases, beliefs and "niche" in the great paranormal mine field. I could easily write lengthy reviews, pros and cons of numerous internet radio shows and podcasts. But, that would really only show my own biases formed tbrough my experiences, research and skepticism...

I'd rather go surf...
edit on 302013x582013-11-30T20:58:44-06:0044uSat, 30 Nov 2013 20:58:44 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great thread. I too get lost in some of the threads, like I should know this stuff but with working, raising a family, running a business and life, I don't always have hours a night to spend watching documentaries and reading books etc etc. I feel like I walked into the middle of a discussion without any of the context.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join