It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbies to the discussion, UFOs, links, and people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay, I enjoy coming to this section and reading... but getting completely confused ISNT fun.
On other subjects I know the orgs, charlatains vs truthful, etc. This subject... not so much. I personally never cared about aliens one way or the other.. simply accepted that I didnt have enough info to believe or not believe. Now Id like to know more. Im getting some pretty significant questions from my oldest daughter, and Id like a little help educating myself.. and her at the same time! Id written on another threads that kids in college are into discussing CT and illuminati due to the music biz inolvement, but there is also a lot of discussion concerning disclosure, UFOs, and different beliefs concerning aliens to our own origins . She was over this weekend and we were talking.. we have a long history of speculative convo when we get together.. and she was mentioning folks and organizations that I am COMPLETELY unfamiiar with!

Help an ATSer out, wouldja?? If we can, take it from the basics for a newbie to the subject. As if it was someone you wanted to open the subject up to... what links, people, etc. Just pretend Im someone off the street that knows nothing about the subject and the payers.. and you have the opportunity to share what you know. Id LOVE to hear what each of you have to say in a knowledgeable and sourced way to sway me to your belief.. if it be pro or con concerning aliens to disclosure to visitation.. and everything in between!

This might also serve as a great way to get others the materials here on ATS ( newbies and etc) in one place. A starting point!

Thanks ATS

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Help an ATSer out, wouldja??

You should do this on your own, or you're never going to appreciate the topic...

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The more planets there are (even if the majority are uninhabitable), the likelihood of alien life increases.There has to be life out there, it's mathematically inevitable. And I don't believe a deity(s) is responsible for it. There are people, like David Icke, who welcome alien life and attempt to reach out to them, for first contact. But there also people, like Stephen Hawking, who say we should avoid contacting them at all costs, because they may see earth as a resource to be harvested and we humans are simply the infestation (oops).

Personally, I'm curious, but I'm with Hawking. We think we're smart, but what if we're a speck on their radar and we're labeled as "lower life forms, proceed with caution, strong beliefs in the imaginary, they have wars among st themselves, they are overpowered by emotions, namely fear of the unknown, they keep a detailed log of their history and then consistently repeat it, their politics are void of logic, the masses are largely ignorant of how the world/universe operates"

And who knows what is going on in those secret bases of US, China ,Russia etc etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Check the sticky threads at the top of the A&U form...

Most everything needed is there to get someone up to speed. Or if youre lazy like I was, check out the "Free documentaries" thread...

Or listen to some podcasts, either on ATS or,
The Paracast
Dark Matters Radio
Binnall of America
Radio Misterioso
...to name a few....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
The more planets there are (even if the majority are uninhabitable), the likelihood of alien life increases.There has to be life out there, it's mathematically inevitable. And I don't believe a deity(s) is responsible for it. There are people, like David Icke, who welcome alien life and attempt to reach out to them, for first contact. But there also people, like Stephen Hawking, who say we should avoid contacting them at all costs, because they may see earth as a resource to be harvested and we humans are simply the infestation (oops).

Personally, I'm curious, but I'm with Hawking. We think we're smart, but what if we're a speck on their radar and we're labeled as "lower life forms, proceed with caution, strong beliefs in the imaginary, they have wars among st themselves, they are overpowered by emotions, namely fear of the unknown, they keep a detailed log of their history and then consistently repeat it, their politics are void of logic, the masses are largely ignorant of how the world/universe operates"

And who knows what is going on in those secret bases of US, China ,Russia etc etc.

Hawkings view on aliens is pretty much what I feel is the matter. Mathematically, aliens are likely to exist... and they very well may be a risk to Earth.

I already know about the MJ12 connection, MEPI, Project Aquarius, etc. I am wholly unfamiliar with the commentators on the subject.. the popular ones like Icke and etc. It seems that there are several ways to look into this subject. What modern " experts" in the field besides Hawking have influenced you in you in your personal belief?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Help an ATSer out, wouldja??

You should do this on your own, or you're never going to appreciate the topic...

Good luck.

If you cant give me information on why you believe what you do, I dont see the sense in posting in the thread. I am asking for discussion.... not to be dissuaded from investigating and asking for starting points. If you can appreciate the plethora of information on the internet.. youd understand what I am asking for starting points for different origins or reasons for belief.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I agree with Toxicsurf , you may wish to visit this informative thread .
Jkrog's New and Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory 2012

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
welcome fella,the only bit of info i can give is to go on the nasa websites or solo,which is like hubble.the nasa sts missions are a good one.hope you enjoy.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well what I did was simply google top alien videos. Saw quite a bit of interesting stuff.

Did anyone ever figure out what those stick looking people were? Very trippy.

Anyways I found that helped at least with the popular topics going on. No idea what is real or fake in the alien section but its fun to read up on what others think.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Check the sticky threads at the top of the A&U form...

Most everything needed is there to get someone up to speed. Or if youre lazy like I was, check out the "Free documentaries" thread...

Or listen to some podcasts, either on ATS or,
The Paracast
Dark Matters Radio
Binnall of America
Radio Misterioso
...to name a few....

AHAH! Now, you see.. I did.. and people and words were used that I am unfamiliar with. I cant even make a decision on if its worth listening to if Im not familiar with the speaker or the info origins...names. Kenneth Arnold, J. Allen Hynek, Jacques F. Vallée, Stanton Friedman and Erich von Däniken..... there is more than just a casual starting point to research!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Here is what got me into the subject, its quite a ride..
Enjoy it

Watch :

Read :
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

Watch this :

Read :
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I agree with Toxicsurf , you may wish to visit this informative thread .
Jkrog's New and Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory 2012

Thanks! Excellent thread! This is part of what I was looking for.. a format like the one in the thread. I had searched on ATS over the weekend, but as you know, its a mess when you search on here! LOL!

The other side of that is the famous or experts in the field. The threads I DID read over the weekend, there were many fights concerning who was legit, who was a charlatan, etc. Im unfamiliar with the names in Ufology.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

Well what I did was simply google top alien videos. Saw quite a bit of interesting stuff.

Did anyone ever figure out what those stick looking people were? Very trippy.

Anyways I found that helped at least with the popular topics going on. No idea what is real or fake in the alien section but its fun to read up on what others think.

Maybe its just me, but that didnt give me any information.. just begged more questions.
Many of the videos were interesting. I spent a day researching the person and guest speakers on just ONE of the videos.. I learned their history and stories.... and many are pretty questionable. Im back at square one again on several subjects!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There are no aliens, ...only demons.

The abductions that people are experiencing, are real. But the abductions are not done by aliens. The abductions (and nightly visits) are done by demons.

Watch this Youtube video:

"Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled"

In this video, you will hear Joe Jordan speak. He has some excellent information at around the 50 minute mark, and onwards.

Joe Jordan is/was a UFO researcher with Mufon for many years, and he stumbled upon some very important evidence. His point is that "alien abductions" can be stopped in the name of Jesus Christ. And he has many first hand witnesses to back him up.

Joe Jordan also warns that by delving into the alien/UFO phenomenon, you make yourself open to be an abduction victim.

I must also point you in the direction of this excellent post by ATS member Murgatroid, here:
Musing on the Alien/Dimensional/Spiritual conundrum.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

The other side of that is the famous or experts in the field. The threads I DID read over the weekend, there were many fights concerning who was legit, who was a charlatan, etc. Im unfamiliar with the names in Ufology.
:

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Most of the so called experts in this field are not to be trusted as they generally just spout rubbish to sell their latest book , there are some who retain credibility and in my view Dr. Richard F. Haines is one of those .
Great Interview with Dr Richard Haines

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Originally posted by Advantage

:

www.ufowatchdog.com...

Now THIS is one of the things I was looking for. Thank you so much. I had looked quite a bit and never found something like this!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Most of the so called experts in this field are not to be trusted as they generally just spout rubbish to sell their latest book , there are some who retain credibility and in my view Dr. Richard F. Haines is one of those .
Great Interview with Dr Richard Haines

Again, thank you! Replies like this is what I was hoping to receive when I thought to make the thread. Ive gotten myself completely confused with all of the "experts" and opinions... and trying to sift through them. Il check out Haines today.
Thanks again!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Ive heard and researched this somewhat previously within the paranormal subject ( ghosts). I am not a Christian, but am familiar with judaism and christianity... and now more than ever Islam. Your idea of what alien visitation and what aliens actually are is very similar between the big 3. A woman said something interesting: what more perfect way to dissuade others from believing in a singular God and a singular created people than to use "aliens" to take their minds away from God being the sole superior being.
I cant say that I believe this... but it is an interesting subject

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
anybody who says things like "There has to be life out there, it's mathematically inevitable." doesnt understand how probability works.

I hope there is life out there but at this stage there life is not "mathematically inevitable". Until we find one single spec of life in any form that did not originate on this planet its all guesswork and hopes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join