It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard choices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I know this news is abit old but after i heard about it i didnt come online for a few days so i would of missed anything that was writen.

About a week ago a man was trapped out in a canyon in America with his arm crushed under a rock.

He was trapped there for 5 days till he ran out of water & decided he wasnt gonna be rescued so cut his own arm off below the elbow!!. (That was with his 3inch pen knife).

He the got back down the canyon & walked till he found help. Now that is servival of the fittest & i dont think i could do anything like that in fact hell i think i wud i just sat there & snuffed it.

congrates to that bloke wot a hero

www.abc.net.au...

i apologize if this has been discused already i just wonna know if any1 here thinks they cud handle that kind of situation.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
after a car accident once, I had enough of an adrenaline boost to push my car up a 45 degree angle to get it out of the road...
(at least that's what all the witnesses said...I don't remember much about what happened).

Somehow, I think I'd find that same rush and move the rock before I'd cut my arm off...especially with such a small knife, as I'd likely go unconscious from blood loss before I got free...

Kudos to the guy for getting free....but I would have concentrated my efforts on the rock. Of course, I wouldn't be stupid enough to be out there alone in the first place, so there you go....

join