Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I Hate Opening Milk Cartons

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why......in the year 2013, do we still serve school milk in the stupid paper cartons? You know, the kind where you have to practically rip the thing apart just to open it?

I open about ten of these every day. I hate these things. Hate them!

Surely to goodness there's a better way to package milk. Bah.

/rant. Now back to work.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i have never had a problem with them, and there is milk comes in jugs with lids and bottles.. but they cost more
edit on 4-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Why......in the year 2013, do we still serve school milk in the stupid paper cartons? You know, the kind where you have to practically rip the thing apart just to open it?

I open about ten of these every day. I hate these things. Hate them!

Surely to goodness there's a better way to package milk. Bah.

/rant. Now back to work.

When I was in school they served milk in a bag lol.
Stab the straw in and go.
Just cut the top off with scissors.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Maybe try something else for a change:

Rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk

Give the cows a break!!

Edit to Add:
Are the milk cartons lined with a plastic coating on the inside?
If so, does the plastic contain BPA? ("Bisphenol A")
____
edit on 4-2-2013 by QMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Milk cartons are second only to glass in storing milk. Plastic leaches petrochemicals.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is the very reason I gave up drinking milk last year.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In Canada, milk do come in cartons, but most have the plastic tabs now, that you can open and close. However, those small 250ml cartons still have the stupid paper nozzle.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Solution you keep locked in your desk drawer. Ice pick, package of cocktail straws...

I don't know if Teachers are allowed to think outside the box anymore...wishing you the best.

Des

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ahhhh the old milk in carton trick
They use this ploy to anger you so that the kids get scary miss and don't step out of line, It's an old illuminate trick.
They also put some loose sugar in top of the bag, just a heads up. This may cost me my family
edit on 4-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Solution you keep locked in your desk drawer. Ice pick, package of cocktail straws...

I don't know if Teachers are allowed to think outside the box anymore...wishing you the best.

Des

Thanks for the laugh, Des! Great pun!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Two words. Cost Effectiveness. Paper milk cartons are and allways will be the cheapest form to package milk products. Schools especially, because the cost involved. Unless you just wanted to bring a big ole milker in and let the kids go at those teats.

On a more serious note.A paper milk carton was the first medium used in the program to help locate missing children. Etan Patz was the first missing child to ever grace a milk carton. If doing away with milk cartons would do away with missing kids, I say throw them all away.

new topics

top topics

join