It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't anything MATTER anymore???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Morals are crumbling.

My friends find it "weird" that I don't enjoy being called every name in the book, just as a social greeting. They like orgies, and most of them participate in open relationships. It's disgusting when they rope me in to their daily lives.

And here I am, finishing up the last of my old high school work, with no greater purpose. Sure, there's a million things I want to do, but I could never do them. Why? I don't have the funds, the networking, the anything.

My purpose, like so many millions of others, is to sit here, absorb the brainwash dictated to me by a crappy online class, and sleep... while the rest of the world suffers from war, disease, and famine, and I can do nothing about it.

Everything I do is morally motivated, but being surrounded by people who LITERALLY CAN NOT understand the concept of "morals" drives me INSANE.

Are morals meaningless? Should we all just give them up?

Most of these people aren't worth fighting for anyway. They're petty, selfish, and frankly, disgusting.

I don't understand how ANYONE can be so "open" with themselves and their sexuality. I don't understand how ANYONE can think it's okay to be "sexting" three different guys at once, all of whom you've never met before.

I don't understand why it's okay to let your husband or wife have sex with who ever they want. I don't understand why they would WANT to. If they love the other person, what draws them to everyone else?

I don't see why I'm the "wrong" one, because I'm young.

I don't understand why I seem to be the ONLY one my age concerned with respect and decency.

I don't see why every other word coming out of my friend's mouths are vulgarities, and I hate that language, because it's contagious. I find myself talking that way on accident, then I get extremely angry at myself.

I don't see why so many people who believe in God have to act like they hate humanity, and we're nothing but trash and sinners. If God loves us, and we're made in his image, shouldn't that make us better than trash? Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, but I HATE ignorant Bible thumpers. Get a CLUE!

Think about it. If you believe the PTB want us to hate ourselves, "humanity is the problem," etc, wouldn't the whole idea of general Christianity be ideal for spreading this belief? That we're all sinners and evil and we shouldn't love ourselves or each other?

I believe in God, because I know there is something higher than us. I can feel it.

But that's all.

I don't believe a word beyond that. Not even the Bible.

I don't see why, to some people, it's okay to do whatever you damn well please to your friends, like throwing printers at them in a fit of rage, then the next day, play the "God" card, and it's all better! The hell with apologizing! I already asked God for forgiveness! I don't have to ask any of the people I hurt!

GOD!

Morals are decaying, people are dying, and there's NOTHING that a useless lower-second class kid like myself can do about it!

So tell me.

What does anything MATTER?

edit on 4-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Be present.
Stop caring what society thinks of you.
Do what you really love.
Don't give a s.. about the past or future. Present is all you have. Enjoy it and do whatever the .. you wanna do.
Moral is nothing but a 'conditioning' that we have been forced to believe. We have been forced to believe what is good and what is bad so that it fits their agenda. We have been taught right and wrong. We have been taught about hell and heaven. But what we are not taught is that present is all we have .There is no past . There is no future. Enjoy your life at this very moment. Do not try to escape your present and live in the past or future.

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Kudos for recognizing this!! So few of our young people see that these issues are problems.
It matters though, where will we be if nobody stands up to it. It's hard to be different in the right ways. I hope you can stay strong and know that you are right. Morals and values are becoming slowly extinct it seems.
We can only be responsible for ourselves though. It sounds like you are on the right track, don't let crappy people discourage you!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Morals are relative....so is good and evil...ever wonder why evil people never perceive themselves as evil? Yea its because we mostly find evil outside of ourselves...its ALL RELATIVE...

people aren't going to have the same moral compass as you...and you aren't going to have the same as they...

I find the more you step outside of yourself and your own point of view and view the world from a position of objectivity...with no investment in the "outcomes"....you can see the world/reality for what it truly is...an illusion of "importance".

Control is an illusion of both having it and being under it...

one mans morals are another mans sins...just as one mans trash is another mans treasure...

Relativity isn't limited to "time"...its all encompassing of our existence.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You are simply in the wrong company, that's all. When you are choosing friends => take your time. People, in the described by you situation, are trying to ''fit in'' no matter what. That is exactly what you are doing. Those described - are not your friends, they are acquaintances and pretty bad ones. Ditch them and find a good company. There is a saying: ''better to be alone, than in a bad company''.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have a very open mind, when it comes to accepting people.

^ I am kinda stubborn with my personal morals, and I believe you. It's all relative, in many ways.

But I don't believe it's relative in all ways.

It's normal, natural, and primal to see evil everywhere except for yourself. However, if you have any dose of intelligence, you can step outside the box, take a look around, and pinpoint everything that's wrong with your personal self. It's an extremely frightening thing to do, but I do it on a constant basis. Why?

Because I HATE being a hypocrite. I have been a hypocrite (on accident) before, and I can not stand it. I want to do everything in my power to ensure I'm not one.

I always analyze myself, and always try to mend the flukes.

The thing that really angers me is this; how is it NO ONE ELSE thinks to do this?

No one seems to be interested in bettering themselves. No one seems to care about other people starving, other people dying, etc...

We have the money to waste of millions of dollars for football players and superbowl commercials, while people in the world are starving. We have a tv show for, literally, EVERYTHING. But we also have people on our OWN streets, dying...

Since when was entertainment more important than human life?

Oh yeah. Genocide. Democide. Over population.

I forgot. We're trash, and we pollute the world. We deserve to die.

Only people with MONEY deserve to LIVE.

God, doesn't anyone see this? Doesn't it infuriate ANYONE?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It infuriates more people than you could possibly comprehend. It just so happens, most of those people who understand you, are just as confused. They understand what needs to be done, they want to be the ones to do it, but in order to succeed, you need to lead by example.

There is nothing we can do about the past, although, we are capable of working together for a better future. Unfortunately, being an activist about something like this will have you labeled as a terrorist. My best suggestion is try to find like-minded people (as hard as it is) and do what YOU can to better yourself and the people of this planet.

Forgive the sheeple, for they do not know. They are led by the bright colored box that sits in their family room. As Gandhi once said "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiteinch

You are simply in the wrong company, that's all. When you are choosing friends => take your time. People, in the described by you situation, are trying to ''fit in'' no matter what. That is exactly what you are doing. Those described - are not your friends, they are acquaintances and pretty bad ones. Ditch them and find a good company. There is a saying: ''better to be alone, than in a bad company''.

So very true! These are not friends worth having. Find people who you can better connect with. You'll be ever so thankul that you did.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I stopped hanging out with my friends because I realize I have nothing in common with them. They treated me like # because "that's what friends do" and when I tried to talk to them about it they said "you're victimizing yourself". The assholes never asked me to hang out unless they wanted something from me. I was horrified when I hit college and found their behavior is standard.

Oh well. At some point the drag on the system caused by the accumulating moral hazard will bring the thing down and something new will fill the vacuum

There are good people out there but i spent my socially formative years with broken people and now I find it very difficult to make new friends. I get along great with some people but I have always had trouble integrating new friends into my life. Internalizing that you perfer to be alone vs being with your friends can do that. its sad.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
YOU matter. Rest assured there are others out there that feel the same way, are guided by good ethics and morality, and seek the company of people like you.. If you believe in God, then you must believe that the life you lead, your morals and personal dogma are there for a reason.

It is a dark, frustrating road being awake..but continue being one small candle in the darkness. After all, there is no alternative, is there?

edit on 5/2/2013 by xquietonex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join