It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida father with assault weapon forces wife to watch as he kills two sons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wtf? Well we see why she wanted a divorce.. Why the hell would you kill your own sons because you are pissed at your wife?

I feel so bad for that woman ,having to watch him kill her two sons. I just dont get it

www.rawstory.com...

A Florida man armed with an weapon that had once been banned under federal law forced his wife to watch as he strangled one of his sons and then shot a second before turning a gun on himself.

Victoria Flores Zavala told Boynton Beach police that 45-year-old Isidro Zavala went to her home on Saturday with a plan to kill her and their two boys because she had filed for divorce last year, according to WTVJ. But Isidro Zavala decide to spare his wife at the last minute so she could suffer while watching him murder 12-year-old Eduardo Zavala and 11-year-old Mario Zavala.

edit on 4-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Some people are just plain evil to their core...and that man was one of them.

My heart and prayers go out to that woman.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A terrible and sad story.

The focus is being drawn to the weapon involved, but this man could've used any type of weapon to commit this horrible crime.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I feel horrible for the mother of those kids.

I am also confused as to the report. What does him having a previously banned weapon in a bag with him have to do with the shooting at all? The report only mentions use of a .38 but having a TEC-9 in a bag with him. I hate reporters with an agenda....just report what happened, don't hype it all up by saying there was a previously banned weapon with him when, according to the report, it wasn't even used.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I feel bad for them, but at the same time, i enjoy the subtle message the were trying to relay in the article......... "using a weapon that had once been banned under federal law....." Nice. So he couldnt have done it with a shotgun, or handgun........ Nice

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hate how it starts out by drawing attention to the fact that the gun used to be banned, not really surprising though. It doesn't state that he could have done the same with any other type of weapon. This is a sad story, I feel bad for the woman who was forced to watch.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They don't say he used the once banned weapon, but likely the .38 he used to kill himself with, is my guess.

She should have had a gun, to stop that soul-less monster. Notice how the police weren't there to prevent this?

Note to dirtbag filth like this guy: If you want to commit murder-suicide, don't forget to shoot yourself in the head first, before you shoot anyone else.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The reason these crimes happen are some people are overwhelmed by negative emotions that they cannot handle, giving them a grim look at their own future which to them may seem worse than death. The act is an effort to get "revenge" on the perceived reason of these negative emotions, and their own death is the escape from the bleak future they see for themselves as the alternative. The reason this future looked so grim to this man is the wife was leaving him, which meant he would have to try find another, in todays society, and at his age, that is not an easy task, and certainly not desirable for most people. This man was a product of the current society, like so many others doing similar acts.

It has nothing to do with the tools being used, in this case a legal gun(.38 cal), and have even less to do with the tool he owned that he didn´t even use, another legal gun which was once banned (the tec 9).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is a very sad story.But what I find even sadder is you.I have been reading your post and if anyone is standing upon the bodies of dead children to support their agenda it is you.Misrepresention of the facts to support your issues with guns is appaulling.

If you watched this video,that animal strangled his kid's then shot himself with a 38 revolver.

You have been surfing the web latelly and posting any thing you can find with gun violence,twice today and both using children.Shame on you,I suggest you come right out and state your stance on guns and quit standing on childrens bodies to blanket this site.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by goou111

A terrible and sad story.

The focus is being drawn to the weapon involved, but this man could've used any type of weapon to commit this horrible crime.

The Palm Beach Post reported on Sunday that Isidro Zavala had killed himself with .38-caliber pistol, but police also recovered a bag with a TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun, extra ammunition, duct tape and cutting shears from the crime scene.

He didn't even use the TEC-9... appears he used a .38 pistol.

This is a tragic story indeed, but it makes it worse when the article is openly trying to sway opinion like it seems.

Add: it appears this has been addressed several times while I was writing my post. Glad people aren't just falling for and buying into the scare tactics of the media.
edit on 4-2-2013 by GMan420 because: added text

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by goou111

This is a very sad story.But what I find even sadder is you.I have been reading your post and if anyone is standing upon the bodies of dead children to support their agenda it is you.Misrepresention of the facts to support your issues with guns is appaulling.

If you watched this video,that animal strangled his kid's then shot himself with a 38 revolver.

You have been surfing the web latelly and posting any thing you can find with gun violence,twice today and both using children.Shame on you,I suggest you come right out and state your stance on guns and quit standing on childrens bodies to blanket this site.

Well said.....

These peoples' agenda is sickening.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The article is blatantly aimed at making assault weapons look bad.
Even though:
A. The gun (semi auto Tec9) in the bag wasn't even used in the crime.
B. The "ban" had expired long ago.
C. The actual gun used was a .38 pistol.

So why even mention the terms "previously banned under federal legislation"?
The author wants their readers to think "assault weapons" are bad.

The poor woman has been through the depths of hell.
And all this author can think of is how to twist the story into more hype.

Perfect example of terrible journalism to instill emotional reactions.
I hate this crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

What horrible story. This is why getting married and having children isnt something to do without thought and purpose.

Wouldnt be supprised if ATS lost another member. Reminds me of a RATS post with a man threatening to murder his wife.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I love that they included assault weapon, and it was banned before. Not only was it not an assault weapon, BUT IT WAS THE SAME GUN USED IN COLUMBINE WHILE THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN WAS STILL IN EFFECT!

Tec9 = not an assault weapon, it's no different than if he would have done it with a glock.

Edit: Well apparently he didn't even use the tec 9. It's a shame that America deaths are now just tools with which the MSM uses to hone their propaganda.
edit on 4-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Thank's I have been getting tired of the O/P's twisted facts in his post.So tired, that I felt the need to flame him,I have posted many times in my short while on ATS but only flamed twice.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
not to nitpick but nowhere in the article does it say he used any assault weapon to kill them, only that it was in his possession.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
yes, is sad, very sad, but now the media just wants to be sensationalist...

1- He never used the Tec 9 (Which to them is the assault weapon). it was found in the bag.

2- any weapon is an assault weapon (A knife in your heart is an assault weapon)- they just use that title for sensationalism

3- So the Tec 9 was ban, and now it is not... What's the reasoning behind this comment? only reason for it is sensationalism, because any weapon, ban or not, would have been use by the father... in fact he used a .38 on himself which is perfectly legal...

We are going to keep getting these headlines, because it is what is selling right now, and it helps distract our attention of other subjects. Like why do we have to spend $50 billions in foreign aid:

www.forbes.com...

while we have a 1 trillion student debt, right here in our country... how about that???

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Domestic violence?....madness??...rage?.....what kind of sentiment drive a parent to kill his own??....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Florida father with assault weapon forces wife to watch as he kills two sons

father with assault weapon forces wife to watch

with assault weapon

ASSAULT WEAPON

Ah... another gun grabbing thread...

How quaint.
edit on 4-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This guy was not all there. He forced his wife to live with this the rest of her life. How he must have hated her to do such a thing. What a jerk that guy was, everything was about him in his life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join