It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer kidnaps a dog sentenced to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It happened here in Denmark. Two dogs got into a fight. Both were bitten, but one caught an infection, so a new stupid law says the other dog has to die.

A police officer wanted to save the dog. He shut off the GPS in his patrol car, collected the dog, and brought it to a safehouse.

He knew he broke the law, and he will lose his job, and probably get fined. But this dogs life was more important.

He is a hero IMO.

This Danish policeman, Lars Bo Lomholt, is A Real Man. Due to a quirk in Danish law, a new widow’s only solace, her dog, was about to be euthanized. The dog had bitten another dog, but passed the mental tests required with flying colours, and the elderly lady offered to do everything required to keep her dog. That should have been the end of the story. The dog bitten had, however, developed an infection and that’s where the quirk in Danish law comes in. Proceedings halted and the widow’s dog was scheduled for euthanasia the next day.

Link
edit on 4/2/2013 by Themaninwhite because: Typo

edit on 4/2/2013 by Themaninwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Aw, Dogs are human too. Kudos to the officer and hopefully he can keep his job.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's sad when someone's pet has to be put down, and there is certainly a grieving process, but it bit another dog. Why exactly can't this woman just get another dog?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
WTH?
Doesn't Denmark have antibiotics for dogs? Give it a shot and it will be fine.
My dogs bite each other all the time. Guess it's a good thing we don't live there.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Aw, Dogs are human too.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

"just get another dog..."

We're not talking about an ipad here.

This officer is a hero! Good luck to him and the dog.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
It's sad when someone's pet has to be put down, and there is certainly a grieving process, but it bit another dog. Why exactly can't this woman just get another dog?

I'm going to say you are trolling here. Maybe you don't get attached to pets but most people do. It isn't so easy to just get another pet when you loved the hell out of the one you already had.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Losing a job for making things that you think are right, i think he's got the wrong job.
edit on 4-2-2013 by NeptuneSFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeptuneSFX
Losing a job for making things that you think are right, i think he's got the wrong job.
edit on 4-2-2013 by NeptuneSFX because: (no reason given)

Some people have huge hearts. Other people don't understand that.

It's the difference between an animal lover and your average human being. Some will make sacrifices for the principles they believe in. Some won't.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

I would kill to defend my dogs life but then I never put my Kai Doggie into that position. He is a retired police doggie with a commendation for finding a murder weapon 6 inches under the surf. Some say it was luck... who cares he achieved what a squad of police could not find.....

Kai Doggie was forced to get into a dog fight with a drug dealers dog cause the rotten cops here are not clever enough to have guns or to call the few cars that have locked guns in the boot. Kai was injured and therefore now very dog aggressive. The Sarge in charge of the dogs brought our Kai Doggie for a visit as I had my beloved Tora a mixed of two full blooded pedigrees Mom Rottie and Dad a brave Flat Coat Retriever. Tora used to hold my hand in her mouth. People who saw this could not believe it and I said that she could not hold my hand any other way. I placed a very illegal (not when I brought it here from America as I could not bring any hand guns) Ka Bar Tanto blade in my back waste band to make sure if Kai attacked Tora and the police sarge could not control Kai Doggie I would have to do an undesirable job of protecting Tora. The unexpected thing happened they fell immediately in love! Not sexual as Tora was spade and police male dogs when retired are clipped. The Sarge almost wept when he saw are huge back garden that is completely naturally fenced in and where its not we added wire.

Bless Tora she is gone too soon as she died 9 years of age due to cancer. Kai Doggie came down with cancer 6 months later and had 4 boughs of Chemo and could not take anymore. That was 2 years ago and each day is a blessing. I would never ever put my dogs into harms way and would protect them as I would my children. If that is extreme sorry for your thoughts. I know if the time came Tora then and Kai now would do the same for me.

This cop is a hero in my book. We need more heroes. Life is too short to be anything but!!!!

Thank you OP for this story S&F's

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Because animals aren't toys. IF one gets broken you fix it. You don't just throw it a way.

ANIMALS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I love my dogs dearly, I for one would of moved out of the country if necessary. It sounds extreme but that's me. When I hear people giving their dog up (some after many many years) because they can't find a place that will take them they ain't trying hard enough. Dogs in many places are considered property and nothing more, sad state we live in. Very sad to here it I hope all deceased animals are in a better place, amen.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
DaTroof has no heart..

it is not an IPAD..it is a living being..

I love my dogs and they love me too..

my dogs would give their life for me..

new topics

top topics

join