It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kerry Claims 100 Million Americans Chronically Debilitated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
�100 million Americans suffer from one disease or another that�s chronically debilitating,� says Kerry, and pundits laugh. But it�s true, and the truth is in plain sight, hidden by familiarity and political spin. TV ads pitch treatments non-stop for chronic pain, headaches, arthritis, and digestive problems. News articles cite one boring statistic after another: Cancer will strike 1 in 2 American males and 1 in 3 females; one-third of all Americans suffers from high blood pressure � which leads to heart disease, memory loss, mental disorders and dementia. Most of these diseases develop from an underlying incurable chronic infection that causes mutations in the stem cells for connective tissue. It's epidemic. The nation is sick and getting sicker � the profits keep rolling in � and Bush says, "Health is a Personal Responsibility.�

www.nytimes.com
�At a rally in Dover, N.H., on Monday (Oct 25) , Mr. Kerry said that �100 million Americans suffer from one disease or another that's chronically debilitating.� �On Monday night in Warren, Mich., he used the 100 million figure again. �The Kerry campaign said it got the 100 million figure from the Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research...

If the Kerry figure is accurate, it would mean that more than one in every three Americans has a debilitating disease.

The Census Bureau reported in 2001 that 53 million Americans had �some level of disability� and that 33 million had �a severe disability.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There you have it � official records prove that only 88 million Americans were disabled in 2001. Wait a minute. *Only* 88 million? 88 million is a lot, don�t you think? And pretty darn close to 100 million.

The national statistics raise a number of questions. Could 12 million more Americans have become disabled in 3 short years? What�s the difference between �chronically debilitated� and �disabled�? How many people are chronically debilitated, but not officially qualified as disabled?

Many disabled people are denied benefits. This administration�s tactics are varied, but the most effective simply deny the legitimacy of claims. One case in point is Docket Number: 1911-2002, a decision filed by the Energy Employees� Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA). The claimant filed a medical report showing fibromuscular dysplasia of the internal carotid arteries and left subclavian, a small aneurysm in the left cerebral artery A2 segment, a carotid artery catheterization, a physician�s disability report, left knee patellofemoral pain syndrome, possible meniscal tear, and emergency treatments for chest pain, blurred vision, headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath. The Bush EEOICPA found no diagnosis which would be a covered condition.

In America, pain and debility are now so common that people accept it as normal. It just takes a peppy ditty to minimize and trivialize a disease. �Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomache, diarrhea, Yeah! Pepto-Bismal.� In a few short moments, yet another epidemic is normalized.

A few hours in front of daytime television will convince anyone that the human body is being attacked by nano terrorists. Did you know that 1 in 10 children wet the bed, an almost certain sign of underlying kidney problems? The corporate solution: Manufacture diapers for grown children. And what about those non-stop ads for womens� diapers? Excuse me? Urinary incontinence generally results from disease that attacks and destroys smooth muscle. It�s not normal. But the ads make it normal. The average American can no longer control their bodily functions. So what? There�s a consumer product to solve the problem.

The problem of course, is not being solved. Drugs and paper products are offered for secondary symptoms, but the problem remains.

In the meantime, the drug industry is now the world�s largest industry, worth trillions of dollars each year, out of pocket, for secondary symptoms. More trillions of dollars of tax-payer money went to corporate America for the �war on terrorism.� Now there�s no money to find real treatments or cures for epidemic diseases.

But there is a budget to convince people sick is normal.

Related News Links:
www.dol.gov
www.dailycal.org
www.washingtonpost.com
www.centredaily.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 29-10-2004 by soficrow]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This post should read, " One Hundred Million People In The United States Think They Are Sick Because Of The Drug Companies Republican Majority Lobby In Washington D.C."

Money, Money, Money.

Kerry is a Democrat that is hoping the American public will believe that he has a solution to the public health problem and that will help his campain. His solution, more government, more taxes under the guise of crap like this. You see, Kerry doesn't think the American people can see through this crap and make up their own mind. This makes me for one realise Kerry is just as stupid as Bush but not as crazy. No clear winner here.

The real problem is if you aren't sick you soon will be, at least in your own mind because the drug companies can't make money off of normal people.

Advertise, advertise, advertise your drugs. that way all the people out there that are arm chair doctors can go to their real doctor and get the drug they saw on TV that will make them better because the TV said so.

What a total load of crap!

A Texas state legislator once told me that if I had a thousand dollors he would consider my opinion on a recent law. He said because I didn't have money to lobby then I was not worth his time.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Interestingly enough - although I agree that a lot of Americans (and seen from my POV) North Americans suffer from ailments such as depression, myalgia, arthritis and others, it's also true that the pharmaceutical industry can't always be trusted. Far from it.

For those interested in seeing an edifying example of this, go on Google and type "Paxil addiction" or "Paxil withdrawal".

Happy hunting!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
This post should read, " One Hundred Million People In The United States Think They Are Sick

Hey Texas - please follow the links provided. You will see that there is in fact an epidemic chronic infection causing mutations in connective tissue stem cells. ...When new infections from common bacteria and chemical contaminats are added to the mix, these little suckers mutate. Now it's all way out of control on several fronts.

The power lobby is suppressing vaccines, cures and real treatments - and pitching high profit bandaids. People are dying and more will soon (check out www.atsnn.com... ).

You're right - it's all about profits - but you're missing some key information.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I read a while ago where bacteria that are harmless to humans that live in worms and such are mutating to become harmfull to humans. Here's a link

www.unknowncountry.com...

I was kind of ranting last night. It's just I get pissed off when I think about the drug companies conspircy with the current administration.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
bacteria that are harmless ...are mutating to become harmfull to humans. Here's a link

www.unknowncountry.com...

I was kind of ranting last night. It's just I get pissed off when I think about the drug companies conspircy with the current administration.

LOl. Me too - but remember: It's not a conspiracy, just good business.

That article is great. Thanks for the link. ...Our world is really turning upside down - things that used to be scientifically impossible are now normal. Most new mutations are triggered by the synthetic chemicals we've introduced into the environment, global temperature change etc. .....Some fools think it's all a mystery, and questionable theory - but many of the mechanisms are already well researched and documented. sigh

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yeah...and I am sure you believe Edward's claim that if Kerry is elected he will make miracles making the blind see and the lame walk once more....

That's a great health care plan huh?.....making promises you can't keep unless Edwards and Kerry believe they are the anti-Christ and can make miracles...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't even realize it was that many who are debilitated. That's like 1/3 of Americans have some sort of chronic disease/illness. Those are pretty high numbers anyway you look at it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Jamuhn - remember, it can be something as simple as myalgia requiring anti-inflammatory meds, asthma or arthritis. I don't think Kerry was saying that 100 million Americans are actually ill... rather that a lot of people have moderate ailments that require a minimum of health care in order to function.

It makes sense when you think of it... everyone of us probably knows someone who has moderate or severe asthma, has to carry an epipen syringe everywhere because he or she is allergic to a food group, has to take antidepressants, etc...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
otts, the problem is that Kerry is not saying how he will pay for a health plan which will cover all of this.... health plans are not free, you either need more taxes, or you need other ways to pay for this...

Also....let me ask you...how many people in here actually make 200,000 a year? or even 100,000? Kerry included these people as if they were poor or middle class, and in his plan he is not going to tax these people....

I have never made 100,000 or 200,000, not even 40,000...so how many people in here make 200,000? and think the people that make this much are poor or middle class?....

Also what is the percentage of people in the US that make over 200,000 a year?.....

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
it can be something as simple as myalgia requiring anti-inflammatory meds, asthma or arthritis. I don't think Kerry was saying that 100 million Americans are actually ill... rather that a lot of people have moderate ailments that require a minimum of health care in order to function.

It makes sense when you think of it... everyone of us probably knows someone who has moderate or severe asthma, has to carry an epipen syringe everywhere because he or she is allergic to a food group, has to take antidepressants, etc...

Doctors are finding that all these apparently 'minor' treatable ailments are chronically progressive - which explains why 1 in 2 American men can expect to get cancer (usually prostate or colon cancer); why dementia and Alzheimers is going through the roof; and why so many Americans are forced into bankruptcy because of health problems.

...chemical contaminants in food,air and water are speed progression and trigger new mutations in bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microbes. It's all out of control and it's not just the frogs and fish that are dying...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...chemical contaminants in food,air and water are speed progression and trigger new mutations in bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microbes. It's all out of control and it's not just the frogs and fish that are dying...

Ok, yes i do agree with that to some extent, but there is only so much we can do without having to go into total chaos all around the world if we stopped all emissions of gases, and chemicals in the atmosphere or the oceans. i really would love if there was a way to stop all these, but we don't have this way, we can only decrease some of these emissions.

We can only do so much, and this will not stop these emissions or the problems related with them. These problems are caused by other reasons too, for example stress, and obesity. People can work on obesity by losing weight, but stress is normal and in today's society we all are certain to have a lot of stress, thus magnifying many psychological and physical problems.

We can do things as individuals to decrease many of these problems...but really, how many people will stop using their cars to go to work 5-40 miles away from where they live? How many people will stop using their ACs or their heaters when they need them? how many people will stop using their cellphones which are also part of the physical and psychological problems we have? and the list is even longer...yet how many people you think will make these individual changes willingly?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by soficrow

Ok, yes i do agree with that to some extent, but there is only so much we can do without having to go into total chaos all around the world if we stopped all emissions of gases, and chemicals in the atmosphere or the oceans.

...The problems is not only with emissions. Very many dangerous things end up in consumer products. ...A great number of new and dangerous microbes are evolving - but can't be killed by traditional methods. New microbes are not regulated, and consequently food processing plants (for example) are not properly sterilized and decontaminated - the microbes are not removed from water either. ...New processes and nano-filtering technologies exist, but are not used - so people just keep getting re-infected.

....Many products and processes use synthetic chemicals - which are in our food, hygeine products, clothes, furniture and water, not just the air. These chemicals get inside our bodies and combine to make weird new chemical compounds - causing cancer and other strange diseases, plus they catalyze further mutations in infectious microbes...

How many people will make these changes willingly? ...Everyone, if they understood how it works and what's at stake.

The only thing preventing agreement is enforced ignorance and manipulation... And of course, arguments about who will pick up the tab.

But the situation IS urgent, and almost out of control. Climate change is just one more factor added to the mix.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Interestingly enough - although I agree that a lot of Americans (and seen from my POV) North Americans suffer from ailments such as depression, myalgia, arthritis and others, it's also true that the pharmaceutical industry can't always be trusted. Far from it.

For those interested in seeing an edifying example of this, go on Google and type "Paxil addiction" or "Paxil withdrawal".

Happy hunting!

Personally I don't think they can be trusted at all. There Just in it for the Big $$$ Buck. They don't care who kills themselves along the way.
There are better ways of getting over depression.

health.groups.yahoo.com...

Depression drugs to be distributed with warning label

FDA says 'black box' should warn of dangers for children

By Jason Cato The Herald
(Published October 16th 2004)

Antidepressants will now come with double-barrel warnings meant to get the
attention of doctors and parents: These drugs can and do cause some children to
become suicidal. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday acted on a
month-old recommendation from its own expert panel and will require "black box"
warnings for all antidepressants.

A black box warning is the government's strongest safety alert. It's one step
below a ban.

The label warnings will stress the importance of closely monitoring children
and adolescent patients started on these drugs for the emergence of suicidal
thoughts or behavior.

That message also will come in the form of a medical guide that pharmacists
will be required to give patients with all antidepressant prescriptions. The
guide will be required to be distributed with sample packets.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Then you better look up Kerrys tax records. He is heavily invested in drug companies so he is personally making money from all of these ailments and drugs.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Muaddib - re your question about Kerry's health care plan... I've tried to stay away from that topic, except for when I'm asked by some American posters to explain how the Canadian system works. I have to say, the health care part of the debates - as well as the retirement savings plans - were parts where I just tuned out, because the issues and the expressions used were foreign to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yeah...and I am sure you believe Edward's claim that if Kerry is elected he will make miracles making the blind see and the lame walk once more....

Really? When did Edwards say that?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belteshazzar

There Just in it for the Big $$$ Buck. They don't care who kills themselves along the way.
There are better ways of getting over depression.

...or just about anything else for that matter. The real problem with most drugs is that they treat secondary symptoms by shutting down the body's immune response to chronic infection - so the infection progresses more quickly and comes out in another way.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Really? When did Edwards say that?

When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.
John Edwards

Excerpted from.
www.brainyquote.com...

You will find that quote at the bottom of that link.

The "blind will see" part is of course an allegory according to what Edwards said.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is another source on Edward's quote and the response from Kerry's spokesman...

October 13, 2004 -- TEMPE, Ariz. � John Edwards is claiming that if John Kerry wins the White House, paralyzed people like Christopher Reeve will get out of their wheelchairs and walk again � touching off a pre-debate fury.
That claim is "shameful" and a "falsehood," shot back the U.S. Senate's only doctor, Majority Leader Bill Frist, heading into tonight's final Bush-Kerry debate in Arizona.

Edwards made his startling boast of miraculous cures to come in Newton, Iowa, after the death on Sunday of "Superman" Reeve, who was paralyzed in a 1995 horse-jumping accident.

"If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to get up out of that wheelchair and walk again," Edwards said on Monday.

He was referring to Kerry's vow to allow more federally funded research using embryonic stem cells.

Asked if Kerry agrees that the paralyzed could someday walk if he's elected, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "That's what the scientists tell us � that we're not that far away from breakthroughs."

Excerpted from.
www.nypost.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join