It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaked Account Data for 4,000 Bank Executives on a Government Website

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I know this video has been posted but seems to me it would put more perspective on the hack

They are saying Aaron was murdered and have a nuke armed?

WTF? I'm not worried about it anyways, we have a missile defense system that is functional. Still, I do not like seeing anonymous resorting to terrorist tactics. They have lost any support they might have had left when they threatened violence.

I do not recall them saying it is a nuke, but anyone feel like clarifying?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by mytheroy
I know this video has been posted but seems to me it would put more perspective on the hack

They are saying Aaron was murdered and have a nuke armed?

WTF? I'm not worried about it anyways, we have a missile defense system that is functional. Still, I do not like seeing anonymous resorting to terrorist tactics. They have lost any support they might have had left when they threatened violence.

I do not recall them saying it is a nuke, but anyone feel like clarifying?

they don't mean a literal nuke, they mean it as a metaphor for how damaging the leak would be.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

It is information only.

But I am starting to hear that this information is from the Federal Reserve computers. If the warheads anonymous contains private information from the FED......then WOW.

Total and complete game changer.

(and supposedly today is the deadline for Attorney General Eric Holder to answer specific questions regarding the Aaron Swartz prosecution)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Anonymous is a very evil group. People think they are cool just because they go after the government. But what about the 1000's of people that become victims in the process.
Seriously I can give you many reasons why 'Anonymous' is evil but it will probably break the tnc's.

What groups such as LulzSec and Anonymous do is attempt to stop the average person having a choice at all. In engaging in a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against a business, so-called hacktivists are not promoting freedom: they are using force to promote their views, and removing the choices other people would have made.

It’s one thing to attempt to convince people to change their view – but there are many ways of doing this. Some of the recent non-violent rallies against Walmart (in response to a sexual discrimination lawsuit) in the US are examples of one, non-dogmatic approach.

Force and coercion do not create freedom – they only create fear, uncertainty and doubt.

LINK
edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

Since wealth and power have always used fear and uncertainty and doubt as tactics for getting their agendas pushed onto the rest of us, I find it kind of refreshing when they get some of the same shoved right back at them. All is fair in war if you win, and this is war. It's good to see some sweat stains on those $10K silk suits. It reminds us that those predators are no less vulnerable than the rest of us when the playing field levels out a little.

I never cry over the travails of psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by NarrowGate

It is information only.

But I am starting to hear that this information is from the Federal Reserve computers. If the warheads anonymous contains private information from the FED......then WOW.

Total and complete game changer.

(and supposedly today is the deadline for Attorney General Eric Holder to answer specific questions regarding the Aaron Swartz prosecution)

That is what I figured, but I didn't pay enough attention to the video and wanted clarity. To be honest, their videos are annoying almost every time. Can't they find a voice that is not annoying?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hopefully Anonymous will begin putting their brainpower into helping U.S. consumers on a large scale, instead of doing these things that most citizens care nothing about. A good start would be the huge data-hub that Health and Human Services and the Treasury Department are putting together to implement the ultra-expensive healthcare reform debacle.
-cwm

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
Its rather funny how so many people say that the government can pull off a 9/11 yet they can't even get rid of a small group of computer hackers.

Strikes me as a bit out of balance. Either the government is all that or they aren't.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Spookycolt because: (no reason given)

Lulz.

Watch. The poor beleaguered government will whine about how it's ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE...

And it's a lot easier to nuke NYC with small tactical nukes you've got hanging around than it is to hunt down a bunch of kids who make your NSA computer security experts look like the hacks they are.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

The problem stems from thier Anonymity however, anyone can be "Anonymous"

That is the point, though. Anonymous is a collective. We are all anon.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Very well put forward, well projected idea and I believe it may play out into reality in the long run. I'm sure the vision isn't new but I like the way you played it

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Glad these people who i do not know and who have not hurt me, to my knowledge, are being harassed by a abstract group of lonely hackers in the name of (insert vague, but easy to get mad about, justification).

I encourage all readers of this post to grab the nearest keyboard and harass people who happen to be successful in a business that stereotypically is viewed as "villainy". Never mind any specifics or any actual results, just let loose on anyone that happens to have a job that you don't like!

After all, even though you do not know them, they must be evil and worth your ire simply because the have the job title of "Banker".

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDownOnMe23
I really hope anonymous isn't a government operation helping to bring about internet restriction laws. I mean 9/11, Sandy Hook... Creating bad situation and placing the blame elsewhere to take more rights away. Just a thought...

you are on the right path of thinking here.

i challenge anyone to give one example of positive change that Anonymous has initiated. Where is the change? (you can find more change produced by the current administration)

I challenge anyone to prove they are not the gov in disguise.
edit on 4-2-2013 by normal_human_being because: completing thoughts

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I like that people think "dos attacks" are "peaceful protesting". I guess going into a McDonalds and nailing the doorway shut so customers cant get in is "Peaceful protesting" as well. Nice to know that i can block customers access to a product just because i don't like it. Make this whole "protesting" thing so simple!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Almost to funny, when are people going to learn , don't save sensitive info(passwords) on the same damn computer you are trying to secure, idiots , all of them.

While it may seem like a huge deal, most stuff they access is things a normal "nonhacker" could obtain as well. Most companies have an internal phone book, most people who work at a company now, now post all this crap on facebook,linked in,twitter ect ect, put two and two together, viola. A lot of hacking really has to do with just calling up a real human being and asking questions or pretending to be a security agent from the company lol.

I could really care less about bankers, bankers are scum and will try to eek out as much profit from a drop of blood as they can. not to mention these are just feeders, give us ben bernakes phone book NOW THAT IS SOMETHING!

Its the politicians that make the laws so they can do these things, start posting that crap and stuff from major crime industries or all the locations of cia and nsa, internet traps then , then ill give them a high five. Most of the hacks to date have been nothing more than phishing scams and a bit of good ol luck.

On another note, it makes no sense, that it was posted on this site acjic.alabama.gov... when the trial nor the suicide were taking place anywhere near Alabama, its great to say we can hack stuff, but if a random unprotected site was all you could get its not really hacking/cracking.

I smell fishy on this one and don't think it was them, at least the collective. why not go after new york or mass where the lawyers were?

The whole story and his death also seem fishy, they dropped all charges and were not going to precede with trial due to no real financial losses? and he kills himself?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

I challenge anyone to prove they are not the gov in disguise.

You cant prove a goddamn negative. What the hell man?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

"I like that people think "dos attacks" are "peaceful protesting". I guess going into a McDonalds and nailing the doorway shut so customers cant get in is "Peaceful protesting" as well. Nice to know that i can block customers access to a product just because i don't like it. Make this whole "protesting" thing so simple!"

nope but you can gather 500 people and block the entrance way in legally ^^ eventually you will be removed because of no " permit" wtf that is lol permit to protest yay amerika, but is essentialy the same thing.

people dont protest because they like or dislike a product, they protest because of the way a company is handling themselves.

im pretty sure the 4000 bankers are not the "product"

they are peaceful, non peaceful means you go down to the place and shoot it up, set it on fire, beat the occupants inside

hrm server down for a couple hours or getting my head bashed in by 50000000 people, um take my server plz take my server. not to mention, its not breaking any laws what so ever, dont want a dos attack, by a thousand servers to handle any load that will ever come your way.

sounds extreme? then dont get on the F ING RADAR and you wont be shut down heh? not to mention giving the choice im pretty sure all but .00001% would chose to have servers shut down than have 5000-120k people shouting sceaming blow horns and blocking access to property all day, all week, all month.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I started out not liking anonymous or Wikileaks, but the more I learn about the corruption of the world order and the complicit governments the more I like these guys. We need to fight back and exposing truth and holding these bankers and government tools accountable is necessary.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

nope but you can gather 500 people and block the entrance way in legally

No you can not. That is a lie.
www.aclufl.org...

You do not have the right to block a building entrance or physically harass people. The general rule is that free speech activity cannot take place on private property, including outdoor malls, without the consent of the property owner. You do not have the right to remain on private property after being told to leave by the property owner.

Or am i misunderstanding your sentence? Its not clear.

im pretty sure the 4000 bankers are not the "product"

I am pretty sure they are human beings i do not know.
edit on 4-2-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

i was talking about the sidewalk, its public property and yes you can walmart employees were just doing it, and regardless if they are human beings(the bankers), the human beings werent being blocked, the server was,,

regardless it still peacefull protest
edit on 5-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

That statement has no logic, there is no cross link in the requirements to prevent anonymous to operate and the necessary resources to create something like the 9/11. In fact the inability to properly address some of the issue raised by people that are discontent with the official report on 9/11 has more in line with the inability to control hacktivism.

It also become inescapable to anyone that is fallowing the government response to hacktivism, cybercriminality and electronic breaches and information dissemination, like Wikileaks that a response is being developed and government capabilities are being extended to provide a response.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

i was talking about the sidewalk, its public property and yes you can walmart employees were just doing it, and regardless if they are human beings(the bankers), the human beings werent being blocked, the server was,,

regardless it still peacefull protest
edit on 5-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

The server being blocked is, by any logic, blocking the people trying to access it! Thats why they call it denial of service attack!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join