It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat , and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.

The above quote is from Leonardo Da Vinci

Its amazing how most of the posters on this thread have seemed to delight in pointing out they eat other sentient beings, given that the OP is either an awesome troll or vegetarian most posts just seem rude.

While I am a massive carnivore I do posses enough empathy to realise its wrong, I wanna stop but I cant.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
But you don't need a bible to figure out to respect eachothers choices.

One of the best things I have read in weeks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Quick! Someone Alert the media! Everyone has to hear about this!

Seriously whats the point of this whole thread anyway?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Been an off and on vegetarian most my adult life, mostly vegetarian, I just don't like meat at all, less and less, it stinks when it is cooked and has lost its flavor.

Pork, ew even smells like one of the trucks going to market.

Never liked deer meat but did like fish and game, store bought meat is awful, it just isn't the same as I remember growing up.

Anyone else notice that?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, some were rude, I don't think the OP deserved that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Store meat is very disgusting. Most of my meat is wild game I shoot or trap, the cow I do eat is local, freerange, grass fed. I know a few captains here, so I get fish and lobster for free(well I work on the boat for the day, and get to take home a cut of the catch).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, and maybe that means something ? Why be so aggressive on a subject like that ? Is there something hidden ? Unconscious ?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is disgusting I can't eat it, when I was young we mostly ate fish and game, but even the store bought meat was better back in the day.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Carnivorous animals eat other animals. humans are animals themselves, animals with meat eaters teeth.Some predators would gladly make a meal out of you if given the chance.
No offense, but I've never seen a healthy looking vegetarian. We're just intended to eat meat.
I like how the title is worded. Makes it sound like it's even more despicable to eat them after killing them. At least we (well most of us) don't kill for joy, we do it because they are tasty, and it certainly beats eating them live.
edit on 4-2-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, and maybe that means something ? Why be so aggressive on a subject like that ? Is there something hidden ? Unconscious ?

I don't know, its ATS, what can I say.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
truthfully im not sure what just dumbfounded me more
that hilarious (obvious joke) thread that was the op
or the maybe 15 or so serious replies derectly under it.
either way u had me at hilarity for a minute.

and to clear up posible queary i litteraly like raw meat
edit on 4-2-2013 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Everything is weird, existence itself is weird, the universe is weird. I feel sorry for you if you can't feel that awesome feeling of amazement..

Your statement and attitude make no sense to me. The word "weird" to me means something that is a little odd, a little different, an exception to the norm that is noticeable. Yet you are applying the term "weird" to, literally, the entire universe, and, more narrowly, to animals eating each other.

What, precisely, is "weird" about this? The world made us; we didn't make the world. At every level of existence there are carnivores of one sort or another. We didn't make the lions and tigers; they evolved to inhabit an ecological niche that was available. The same thing happened in the Age of Dinosaurs. T-Rex and raptors evolved as carnivores to fill their niches.

Nature is a very violent place. It does not place a premium on life and protect it at all costs. It seeks a balance, which includes indiscriminate killing to maintain it. It's not until humanity comes along and decides to alter that balance that things go screwy. Here we are pretending it's some sort of ethical issue that we should not eat meat simply because we are more like meat than plants.

I have no problem with anyone choosing whatever diet makes them feel good. It's just that I do not want those people enforcing dietary choices upon me because of their beliefs, nor do I wish to exert extra energy accommodating you. It's very touching that you feel sorry for me, but I still won't be inviting you to dinner.
edit on 2/4/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by framedragged

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
If you want to eat, and therefore live, without the guilt of killing other life, you would have to eat ...seeds... without killing the plants.

Ah, but if you're eating seeds you're committing plant abortions which would also have to be bad, no?

Yeah, I thought about that and I'd have to say, IMHO, that seeds are only potential life.

Also, I believe if we are responsible and kind, it's OK to kill and eat things. Treat your livestock and game animals with respect and help them thrive, that is morally good in my opinion. Sad that animals should die that we may live, but that's just the way it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

While I am a massive carnivore I do posses enough empathy to realise its wrong, I wanna stop but I cant.

Well put.

Pythagoras mentioned something like, "As long as men eat animals he will not know peace" (too busy to find the exact quote). He is right. If we can inflict violence against any living being, we can inflict it on ourselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

I guess that's why we ought to say grace and give thanks when we eat, and also praise God above (the pyramid of evolution) that when it comes to us, it's not simply eat or be eaten but "here, eat of me" (said the Lord Jesus), thus negating the possibility of predation by any power or principality either of this world or in the heavens above.

I'm all for what I call "happy meat" over tortured meat. It costs a little more (organic) but it's worth it, and too much of the tortured meat isn't very good for us, it wears you down.

Balance and harmony in everything, including the raising and harvesting of all our livestock. They are so brutally treated to that extend I agree with the OP's sentiment. They have emotions and are sentient in their own way.

Therefore if they are to serve as meat, let them live a happier life.

I'll bet too that on other worlds, they treat their meat infinitely better than we do as human beings.

Grace! (let us sing)

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Let's EAT!

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Plants are living things too. So what are you going to eat? Air?

Its odd but people always bring this up, or say hey eating plants is murder too. Thing is they obviously haven't thought about it very deeply...

Most of the time when eating fruit, nuts, tuber, legumes and the like you don't actually kill the plant your simply taking something off it akin to eating a chickens egg really.

Then other plants like leafy vegetables or Brassica you can easily harvest the leaves with out killing the plant and in the case of Brassicas removing the head can stimulate the plant to grow another. Then you have to think about the fact that most leafy vegetables are single season plants, they die the same time they spread their seeds and live only a few months at most.

No eating vegetables isnt murder... taking a 5 month old cow from its mother and killing it for veal is in a whole different league (given the calf is purely allowed to be conceived and live to keep milk production a year round occurrence and as a secondary source of money for a dairy farmer), kinda sick really. Hey I eat meat if im given it and yeah it tastes nice, but take meat away tomorrow and id have no problem.

Not to mention how inefficient meat farming is compared to crop farming, ah but it packs more $$$ into less effort. And if you look at hunter gather societies, most (apart from say those like the Inuit who have no other choice) eat meat pretty irregularly and subside on non meat food items for the most part, unlike us in the west where its become something that people in the last few decades now eat EVERY day in some capacity, and often eat MORE meat than any other food type at the same meal (given how back 50+ years ago you probably ate meat twice a week at most).

There isnt any real need to eat meat especially given we can grow food all year round in most countries now and of a sufficient variety, and those that say otherwise are typically in the pockets of the meat and dairy boards...

"Oh but where will you get your protein and iron!"... Ummm from everything else I happen to be eating, and in a better form too along with a whole lot of other essential stuff my body requires to be strong, fit, illness and disease free.
edit on 4-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by gosseyn

"They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them"

atoms? Yea everything is made up of atoms haa

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I don't really care what meat I eat as long as its not a domesticated animal or "horse".

Get over it, its been happening for thousands of years in some form or the other.

My mate at work is a Vegetarian and that's all he goes on about. I get sick of hearing it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join