It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by gosseyn

So I was correct.

You're just a troll.

Look, it's as weird as you choose to believe it is. I can make anything into being bizarre, or completely normal in my mind.

The power of choice!

To be frank I don't even know what you mean exactly by keeping to use the word "troll".

But, what you feel is normal, is only normal because you are used to it. Seeing some things as "normal" requires no effort at all, while seeing everything like if it was for the 1st time requires some efforts, some intellectual and emotional work.

"It is a special kind of enlightenment to have this feeling that the usual, the way things normally are, is odd—uncanny and highly improbable. G. K. Chesterton once said that it is one thing to be amazed at a gorgon or a griffin, creatures which do not exist; but it is quite another and much higher thing to be amazed at a rhinoceros or a giraffe, creatures which do exist and look as if they don't.
— Chapter I, The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are, Alan Watts, 1966 "

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
personally i LIKE vegetarians, they taste much better than carnivores and omnivores.

there is NO PROVEN TRUTH, to that THEORY of humans supposed to be vegetarians. people who try to push that theory as truth almost always claim that humans can not properly digest meat. yet they leave out that if you DON'T eat meat that you actually have to be VERY CAREFUL with what you eat because most "veggies" seem to lack things the human body needs to survive. i will also add if humans like a lot of animals were supposed to only eat plant life, why is it that humans can't process much of the plant life these herbivores can eat? things like grass, leaves and tree bark for example. and why are some of those plants, and even parts of some plants humans can eat that herbivores eat actually POISON to humans?

i guess it's mostly a matter of opinion.
edit on 4-2-2013 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You guys... its was written that man should have domination over all the land... animals and plants... and it is so.... continue to eat and multiply... this is written...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

Like, OMG, did you know that all carnivorous animals KILL other animals to EAT them? Did you know that some plants KILL animals to EAT them? Did you know that you KILL plants to EAT them? Don't you find that disgusting?

Seriously, I can't take you seriously because you have no point other than to try to play on the emotions of anyone who doesn't claim to be a vegan.

All living beings on earth must consume nutrients in order to survive. It is the life cycle. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It seems nature eats itself to be itself to eat itself to be itself

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Yep. Food is the precise reason that we raise pigs, chickens, and turkeys on our little farm.

People have been eating animals since the beginning of time, and while I am not fond of industrialized farming, I see nothing wrong with a nice juicy steak.

Precisely why we know what fluffy bunnies, oinkers, moo-moos, chook-chooks, playful little lambs and all those other animals are.

If we didn't farm and eat them they might have been extinct many years ago and vegetarians today wouldn't have anything to go on about or even know what those animals are and we'd probably still be dragging women around by their hair.

Vegetarians should be thanking the meat eaters for preserving the animals they apparently love.
edit on 4/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

But, what you feel is normal, is only normal because you are used to it. Seeing some things as "normal" requires no effort at all, while seeing everything like if it was for the 1st time requires some efforts, some intellectual and emotional work.

Fair enough, though I'd posit that it can also be had through subtle brain damage. I think some people brain fart their way into what some may perceive as "enlightenment".

There seems to be a thin line between this "enlightenment" and idiocy, which often requires nothing more than a different perception to qualify.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by gosseyn

The most dangerous animal in the woods are humans.
Even the animals fear us.

No way, but i guess in some ways its all relative. Sure some animals fear us but they also fear other animals...awful lot of fear in nature isnt there? Which i find bizarre. The fact humans allowed certain animals to exist all these centuries later has confounded me as well. One reason i can think of is fear of running out of things to eat. In ancient times or even say a hundred years or so people see a lion tear apart a human and look to kill that one lion instead of saying "now wait a second, why are these creatures roaming around killing us? Are they here to keep us in shape by running from them? And who was it that though..."hey i know, lets put a lion down there with 6 inch fangs to chase those humans around and keep them in fear"...etc, etc, etc.

Addressing the OP, animals eat other animals, fish eat other fish, this is part of nature. Bird swoops down to eat a fish or worm. Sure birds would love to package their food and refrigerate if they could.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why do humans mummify themselves halting natures reclamation of ones acquired nutrients and material?

Also this is in the philosophy forum.. it seems the majority of posters in this thread hate to think...
edit on 4-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Pretty sure this guy is just a troll.

Don't feed him.

I'm pretty sure if you fed him some bacon he would come to his senses.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

the voice of logic. HAIL BACON!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going.... 100% true. I read the OP and just about hit the floor lauging... Also 100% true. I am a meat eater. Like a T-Rex, I do not discriminate against meat, except cannibalism.... that's just taboo and I don't get down with human meat.

Support your species~ Eat Meat.

That being said~Go eat a carrot.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Different people have different nutritional needs. Most humans are in fact omnivores. You can tell this by us having Canines to rip apart meat and a very small appendix. It is argued that the appendix beside being a "factory" for making digestive bacteria also serves as a tool to help digestion of plant matter. That's why we see a much bigger appendix in herbivores.

Omnivore
An organism that eats both plants and animals.
-
Some are vegetarians as well. Most by choice but some out of necessity.

veg·e·tar·i·an
A person who does not eat meat, and sometimes other animal products, esp. for moral, religious, or health reasons.
-
It's very rare in our culture but some people are insectivores. Mostly due to severe allergic reactions to foods we normally eat. But 80% of the worlds culture eat insects. Some would even call them a delicacy....to me...no not at all.

In·sec·ti·vore
An organism that feeds mainly on insects.

So, my question is. Why nitpick on what other people are eating? What does it change in you life if your neighbor likes to eat a nice, thick, juicy steak? Some vegetarians are like some of the religious. No respect for others choices despite having no ill consequences on their lives.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
It seems nature eats itself to be itself to eat itself to be itself

We are made of the same material as the cosmos. There is no way to avoid cannibalism: the consumption of some form of particle which makes up one's physical vehicle is a necessity for survival. The way the life cycle of Earth works: we are born to die, we consume, we excrete, we pillage and plunder, we give and take, we reproduce and teach new humans to do the same thing, we die and become a part of the Earth so that the cycle can continue.

You're right, though, embalming is a very bizarre ritual. It really goes to show how vain and myopic humans can be. "I need to preserve my corpse so people think I look good at my funeral and so that worms can't eat my long-dead flesh!" Very strange thought process.
edit on 2/4/13 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I Kill animals and eat them every year. Got some in
the freezer if you want a bite.

Kind of a odd post, considering there is nothing humans dont kill
to eat. Everything we consume was once alive in one way or another.
It's called life.

Now pass the salt, this moose roast needs a lil.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Why do humans mummify themselves halting natures reclamation of ones acquired nutrients and material?

I think for religious reasons. Humans see themselves as divine, as having a divine gift which is the soul/spirit/mind/intelligence, and they try to convince themselves that other animals have not received such a gift. They see themselves as chosen because they think they are the only one who have received that gift, and various religions have sustained those beliefs until this day. Also, since we have been for so long our only examples of creative intelligence, humans tend to believe that the "god" is like them, and that he has created them. Humans think of themselves as a masterwork, a finished product, something that is impossible or even blasphemy to try to improve/change.

Also this is in the philosophy forum.. it seems the majority of posters in this thread hate to think...

Yes, I am disappointed. I remember this forum showing less gratuitous aggressiveness in the past. Things change, sometimes for the worst.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Soon animal proteins will be grown from stem cells.

Then we can give up the killing of other animals for food.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

We humans are scavengers. We are like rats that will eat anything.
It is very easy to test, and every one can try it.

The reason we have different nutrition habits are soly based on our sosiety, sosial behaviour and idealism.

In reality we shouldnt even have the look we see in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

its a defense mechanism... they never questioned the bizarreness of their existence,,, so being confronted by this truth they must resort to bashing and humor, reducing all serious inquiry and philosophy to silliness and giggles..

about the mummification... my theory is it is a subconscious longing that one day humans will be advanced enough to use the DNA of the deceased corpses to bring them back to life

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join